Anybody else like to fish?

Nice one @Skyf! Grouper? What kind and where?

4 Likes

went on a fishing trip for salmon, drove up to a few spots in wisconsin and had no luck (shore fishing), everything was dead, we missed every spot by 7-10ish days. oh well there’s always next time. besides the fish i wanted to at least bring back a nice picture of fresh caught salmon.

6 Likes

Looks to me like a coloured up creek/river chub. Were you fishing for trout when you caught it? If so, chances are it’s a chub.

Also could be a fallfish, but the mouth, head & cheeks scream chub.

3 Likes

I haven’t fished in years, but I do hunt bearded clam like a champ.

2 Likes

I like to fish at the ocean or beaches. I remember a friend getting a decent size fish about 6 lbs from the shoreline.:love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@HorseBadorites
Thanks man!!
Grouper-yes-here we call this type a Moustache Rockcod
Caught in 180m of water offshore on East coast of South Africa
This one is still small-was 17kg they get up to about 60kg.

6 Likes

Just a few more weeks and they’ll be in the river about 20 mins from where I live…can’t wait!

4 Likes

I see you landed an elusive 1/4 chickenfish too. Or Maybe it’s a freshwater Drum(stick)LOL… Nice meal

2 Likes

They run up to about 4-5 lbs in the lake here, I ddunno if chub get that big and their scales are larger than chub. They get bigger and lose the cylinder shape, look like a shad with a deep belly when they are bigger. But yeah the head and mouth look very similar. probably related.

2 Likes

Senkos are basically cheating, I’m convinced. Got two within like 5 minutes of each other.

20 Likes

Nice!! You fish that Senko wacky rigged?

6 Likes

Sure did bud. It’s comical how much work I’ll put in trying to catch em on the fly and literally all I had to do was pull off the side of the road and spear a plastic worm on a hook and it’s game on.

6 Likes

Are those Smallies?

4 Likes

some Lake St Clair action. Still yet to find a 5lb er. Hopefully soon

24 Likes

Yessir they are

3 Likes

Ok so today I got the puddle monster everyone sees n never hooks . Pulled this 2ft snakehead out of a local puddle. It’s not even big enough to be a pond.

19 Likes

I went fishing a couple weeks ago at a pond and caught some blue gill

8 Likes

hopefully next time i take pictures and catch some bass :joy:

5 Likes

Ponds are my go to for fishing mostly. I know there’s bigger fish in saltwater here but I just like the top water blowups in ponds and stiller waters.

7 Likes

Back lakes near north bay, ontario.

21 Likes