Anybody else like to fish?

it looks like some kind of alien life form that survived a UFO crash and has some kind of virus that will destroy mankind.

4 Likes

Pretty gnarly, for sure! :rofl:

4 Likes

Itā€™s all about Striped Bass here on Cape Cod.

Kayak fishing on the Salt Marshes: Gary with a whopper caught trolling chunk mackerel, Woodyā€™s ā€œKeeperā€ hooked old school on the fly.

Tight Lines,
-Grouchy

20 Likes

Are the salmon running yet? gonna go for a look tomorrowā€¦

3 Likes

They are here out of Georgian Bay.

1 Like

Hooked a couple in the Ganaraska, daughter had a giant on for a few minutes jumped twice, almost spooled her (no waders lol) then broke off. Big fish, water is muddy from work at Corbetts dam, but they are just starting to run after the rain. Cool nights will bring em on.

4 Likes

Anyone have good input for Trout and Salmon fishing in Maineā€™s North Woods?

Itā€™s been near 20 years since i was camped on a Maine ā€œpondā€ and saw a hatch occurringā€¦ like the water was boiling! While getting skunked with spinning gear i realized what was going on, and went into town the next morning and bought Fly Rodā€™s for my son and i. Since then iv watched him catch trout on many western tripsā€¦

We are looking at heading north end of September, 4 or 5 days in the Jeeps concentrating on the area anywhere from Millinocket up towards Ashland. Iā€™m getting older and this will most likely be my last trip to the NMW, and camping days are limited due to health/injury. Iā€™d greatly appreciate any leads to a great spot to disperse camp on a body of water with better than average fishing. Iā€™d be happy to keep details private if preferred.

I have a suggestion from a local, but having trouble finding vehicle accessible camping at the lake suggestedā€¦ and heā€™s been MIA for longer than normal now.

Much appreciatedā€¦

3 Likes

went fishing for kings tonight (from shore, none of that boat stuff), got 1 hit but that was it. stopped fishing a long time ago so iā€™m just getting back into it. iā€™ll be happy with even 1 salmon this season.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be going for them over the next month. Went out a couple weeks ago and lost one. Love the fight in those bastards!

4 Likes

Got a decent one last week. Been wanting a lil boat to get out on the water though!

13 Likes

Got this Chinook this morning

23 Likes

You fought it until you were blue in the face.

:smiley:

6 Likes

We fish to, though not a lot this time of year.
Itā€™s so humid and hot.
We are not the best, just the kids and me go to have fun.

1 Like

They are one, pound for pound, one of the best fights going.

3 Likes

150 casts at a 20 ft long pool with 15-20 huge Chinooks, couldnā€™t get a hookupā€¦heart pumping the whole time though as you could see them. A few bumps a couple follows thats itā€¦ There be giants in that creek!

1 Like

Yaā€¦usually if you can see them, they can see you and they donā€™t hit. But itā€™s fishing, so ya never know.

Without giving away specifics, where are you fishing?

The tributaries of L. Ontario in Durham region, there not secrets, so Bowmanville creek and Sopers (runs off bowmanville) also Wilmot. We also do Duffins in the spring. Just find a public park around hwy 2 and go for a stroll, we fished 25 yards from our car yesterday LOL. Some of the upper streams close to 407 (hint hint lot of new access) havenā€™t got the water or the fish yet, and season closes at the end of september above hwy 2. Upper Duffins is under attack from the new Seaton development so this may be the last good run before that stream gets silted up for developent purposesā€¦ durham region has a great interactive fishing map online too.

I was just curiousā€¦Iā€™m 20 minutes from the Notty (but also 20 minute hike through dew soaked weeds over my head to where I like to fish) so I donā€™t usually go further than that for my salmon or rainbow fix. Glad to see it rain a bit and cool down todayā€¦that should help.

1 Like

Nice fish Pete
You fly fishing?

No just casting spoons and spinners. The Nottawasaga isnā€™t exactly a fly fishermans dream. But it does house a ton of salmon, and is the best rainbow river in Ontario.

1 Like