Anybody else like to fish?

8 Likes
4 Likes

Got one in the same spot years ago…
Had to head off to my brother in law about 30minutes down river to have him pull it out with a pair of pliers
After that little experience all my barbs got squished

3 Likes

I love fishing and growing they go well together, when I wasn’t growing crop after crop or perpetual i always grew one crop to get me through the fishing season.

I fish for brown trout, sea trout salmon and ocasionaly stock rainbow trout.

I didn’t land any salmon at all this season, this brown trout was high point of my season.

It’s a personal best I’m estimating 4lb, it was returned hopefully to catch another day.

Sea trout fishing through the night is my favorite time of all, there’s something magical about it that I can’t quantify or describe other than heavenly.

19 Likes

I got a rapala in my finger, thankfully by the grace of god the fish come off with the shake that hooked me.

It buried down to the bend, it felt firmly dug in, rather than let it get tender i got firm hold of it and tried to pull it back but wasn’t going to come out with anything less than pliers.

I went to the hospital they removed it by pushing through and cutting the barb
When the Dr was finished he said if you’re a angler you might want these forceps we only use them once and dispose of them, i left hospital with a pair of forceps two pairs of tweezer and pair of scissors.

Every cloud has a silver lining :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Beautiful Brown…and that location looks gorgeous!

4 Likes

It also gets you the “REAL” fisherman badge. Ya haven’t fished till you’ve hooked yourself (or your pet, kid, wife…). Beautiful Brown Trout!!!

2 Likes

Thank you @CanuckistanPete @Cannasaurusrex

This wasn’t my best season due to the lack of rain salmon were scarce, however I did land some nice brown trout.

15 Likes

One of the nicest looking fish on the planet, IMO. Where are you?

6 Likes

Looks delicious. Butter and capers and oh yes.

5 Likes

As good as trout are to eat…sometimes they’re just too pretty to not let go.

7 Likes

Yea fair enough and only catch what you’re going to eat!

3 Likes

Hey buddy thanks, I’m the UK, I’ve a few others I’m particularly proud of lol.

I’ve landed quite a few salmon but mostly 4/7lb this is probably one of the bigger ones I’ve landed.

A bit colored but it was well rested it was near 15 mins before I got to the net.

15 Likes

Beautiful! Nice catch.

2 Likes

Filet and release. Haha jk.

2 Likes

30 miles from cuba

19 Likes

Love Cuba!

3 Likes

I’ve never been. Not aloud until recently(usa). They may have closed that even. We were in Bahamain waters.

2 Likes

the warm sun and sand and blue water sure does look nice.
For me it’s the beginnings of ice fishing season!!!
I’m going to go tomorrow for the first outing of the season. Jigging for brook trout in shallow water. Gonna take my underwater camera and see if I can get some brookie action recorded.
I’ll report back with pics… oh there will lots of fishin pics this ice season!!!

3 Likes

Probably the nicest people on the planet (along with Newfies) gorgeous white sand beaches everywhere, great music, cool old cars, colonial architecture.

2 Likes