Anybody else like to fish?

I like all sorts of fishing but there’s something about sea trout fishing through the night, that tops them all for me.

It’s magic!

26 Likes

Sea-run browns?

1 Like

@HumblePie420 & @Star_Dog
Damn that scenery and those fish make jealous :joy:
Been almost a year since I threw some flies…
Need to get out to the mountains and get me some

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you dog died. They can be like family members with a speech problem that takes a little time to understand them. Hope you’re able to feel like fishing again, maybe with another dog?

3 Likes

Yes that’s one buddy, aka sewin or herling depending on the region.

1 Like

Not like, they are family members! As I used to say: my adoptive daughter

For now another dog will have to wait, but when I finally find my little farm, for sure will be no dog but dogs!

HG!

4 Likes

Looks like a rock bass

2 Likes

In Texas we call them “Spec’s” or Spectacled Trout . Spent years wade fishing in Galveston for them and Redfish. At night we would use lights , but i prefered daytime fishing , at sun up, in the water up to my shoulders.

3 Likes

The ones you’re talking about are Cynoscion nebulosus. He was talking about were Salmo trutta, or brown trout. Totally different species. Nobody likes to be corrected, so apologies if I offended. Do speckled trout “run” like a lot of species?

3 Likes

No not really , thanks for correcting me :+1:

1 Like

Are you in the UK?

1 Like

“Ideal” or not, that’s a nice fish. Looks like at least a kilo.

1 Like

Impressive by any standard. Rainbows/steelhead are the perfect fish species. They’re as aggressive as bass or pike, they can get huge and are really tasty.
I’m afraid you might have spoiled your son on fishing. It’s really difficult to top that.

3 Likes

So I got this really funny johnny Knoxville story… … … It all started on a cold winter night :cold_face: :cold_face:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Spectacled trout? :nerd_face:

Speckled (sea) trout. Caught 'em in the gulf aplenty. Good eating. Saltwater/brackish inland fish.

2 Likes

Beauties! Bars of chrome!! You’ve gotta be so proud eh!? Right on!

1 Like

I’ve a few random pics to share.
Sea trout

Sea trout.

Brown trout.

Salmon.

I can’t wait for the season to get going early season isn’t the most productive time.

18 Likes

22 Likes

19 Likes

I’m green with envy
Beautiful fish @Bugsandnugs and @Star_Dog

4 Likes