Anybody else like to fish?

What river are you fishing in those pics? It looks a lot like Colorado. I’m in the southern part of the state. That looks like northern Colorado but could be anywhere in the Rockies, US or Canada.

It reminds of the Dream Stream next to Eleven Mile State Park. Lots of huge brown trout.

1 Like

I live in southwest montana. I live on the river in the photos.A lake and a name change downstream of my place this is a very famous river that is heavily fished. Please don’t be offended if I keep its name to myself as it is truly one of the last gems left in this completely overfished state. Let’s get to know each other a bit and I might be inclined to share some details. Thank you for understanding!

I am, however, very open and generous about most every other place I know well in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. I used to live in Colorado but I never got to know the waters down there like I do up here.

5 Likes

Best fish of the season last year.

22 Likes

You can always tell a good fisherman…he never tells his honey holes on the internet. Cause he knows he’ll be fishing elbow to elbow if he does.

That’s a gorgeous trout.

4 Likes

Speaking of honey holes we need to talk about that brook trout!!!

2 Likes

Wonderful last day on the ice with my one and only daughter-in-law.

13 Likes

Nice lakers!

2 Likes

Ah, I thought it looked familiar. I used to live in Paradise Valley at Pine Creek south of Livingston. I learned to fly fish on the Yellowstone and eventually moved to Bozeman.

I rarely fished the large rivers because of the masses, and need of a boat, and always had my secret honey holes. I always fished alone and never saw other fisherman except like Beartooth Canyon(?) downstream from Ennis reservoir on the Madison.

Speaking of Brookies, I had a place in the mountains past Bridger Bowl Ski that I fished for Brook Trout. It was a cluster of beaver ponds that you couls ease into at about waist to chest high. The meat was a bright pink/red supposedly brought on by the freshwater shrimp in the ponds. Best Brook I ever tasted.

Enjoy all you can. I haven’t been back since 92. But I got my money’s worth while I was there. It’s a big state with fishing in most of it. :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a huge state, so much awesome water.
It’s hard to beat a scud fed brook trout out of cold water. I don’t keep many trout but I keep trout like that!

Same here, it’s the only one I eat. I’m in southern Colorado and we have a local lake with walleye, smallmouth, rainbow, catfish, and a couple of others.

Yep, 4th largest state, less than a million people in the whole state when I lived there. Me and my dog fished all over. I guided a bit up in the Bob Marshall on the southfork of the Flathead. Cuthroat city. :grinning:

I haven’t ever fished the Bob but it sounds incredible. I love looking at the Rocky Mountain Front on my way to fish the Blackfeet res which I will be doing soon.
That is where the giants are…

21 Likes

I love fishing. I haven’t gone nearly as much as I would have liked the last couple years. Gonna do my damndest to change that this year. Mostly go for freshwater.

19 Likes

Trout is my all time favorite fish to eat. Fantastic catch my man. And with that picture, no one can call that a exaggerated fish tale. :wink:

1 Like

hell we are still ice fishing up here at 50N. 3000ft elevation :smiley:
fishing… not necessarily catching but it’s fun hotboxing the little ice hut for a morning out on the ice LOL

12 Likes

Not sure If you guys use sd or microsd cards for charts on your gps units, but I can copy those card if you ever need.
Down here in FL there are some mapping cards that sell for well over 1000$.

4 Likes

Tried getting out a few days ago but no luck.

13 Likes

Nice looking fishing hole!

2 Likes

6 days till the trout opener in S. Ontario…yeehaw! 5 days now and counting LOL no life …without fishing.

3 Likes

Cannot wait, days, maybe tides, or hours, and the lights will turn on. Got my shades ready;)

3 Likes