Anybody else like to fish?

Took my the boys out for a few hours this evening. We had my buddy and his son with us. It was their first time really bass fishing. They are huge saltwater fishermen. He’s hooked now. It was total chaos but we managed to catch around 30-40 bass. Biggest was a little over 5 lbs.

27 Likes

Caught my first smallmouth the other day. Been wanting to catch one since I was a kid.

27 Likes

Hell yeah man, good on you for taking the kids out. I love getting kids into fishing.

8 Likes

Oh yeah. Besides my job as a printer, I had a commercial license on California. Rod and reel halibut and white sea bass. Rock cod. Got involved in selling fish live. That was interesting. Paid for me to obsess on high end gear.

6 Likes

Where is that? East of Springs? Interesting looking spot.

2 Likes

Teach them well!!

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple of little barefoot hippie rednecks in the making! @CrunchBerries

3 Likes

Nice!! I’ve got a couple “Deadnecks” in the making also! Ha!Ha!

4 Likes

I haven’t checked any reports but the stripers should be running soon if they aren’t already. Hoping I can get out a little bit this year to try and snag another monster lol

3 Likes

Lake Pueblo

1 Like

Ah, ok. I haven’t fished it yet. It’s pretty big compared to Trinidad Lake. I’m gonna be fishing here soon. I have the kayak in the truck and just need to hit it early before the wind starts. I was told Walleye and Smallmouth are hitting now. Rainbows are plentiful and easy to catch. I’d rather eat those first two.

2 Likes

I carp fish when I get the time with my son and daughter…back in the day with our carp crew we went lake cassien in France and caught some beauties…I loved the tranquility down there as I’ve got older…and I will venture out more I think as I get older…summer evenings sat by the lake on a recliner in a bivvy waiting for the buzzer to blow up is a thrill I never want to lose…biggest carp to date 41.5 pounds common and I won’t top that in most the lakes I go to on southern tip of UK…France holds the sharks…lololol

2 Likes

reminds me of pueblo lake when I lived there. some of the back bays we would let the dogs swim in.

4 Likes

those are some monster fish and your boys looks like they are happy. that’s all that matters

4 Likes

We ought to get out there one day. :+1:

2 Likes

I snapped this photo at first light on a lake I fish on when I get the chance. It’s a beautiful place to be whether or not the fish are biting. Spotted Bass, Smallmouth and largemouth and an occasional walleye are my targets.

18 Likes

Found a disused, crownested mono push button rod in pieces on the creek today, and managed to fix it up for use! Quite a fun day to hike and be crafty and walk out with fishing gear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, I’d love to do that this year. I have my boat in the truck but can’t go out of town before I get a new set of tires. For something else different you should try Trinidad Lake sometime. It’s got a lot of fish and a lot of large fish as told to me by a long time resident. Walleye and Smallmouth are supposed to be coming on now. It also has large catfish, Largemouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Wipers, Rainbow, and an occasional Brown Trout up where the river turns into the lake.

3 Likes

Caught a nice large mouth this morning, perfect way to start mother’s day :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day! Nice way to start the day!

1 Like