Anybody else like to fish?

Fresh Coho

Bridge steely

Freshest salmon you’ll see in the river

17 Likes

Very nice!
That coho is cool, I’ve never caught one in a river.

2 Likes

It is the craziest thing ever ! Literally my addiction …here’s a Coho that’s been in the river for a little bit

19 Likes

I fish the heck out of the Nottawasaga from beginning of August until it gets over my thighs on the hike in. (not the river, the trail) I’m addicted too. Chinook, then it’s steelhead.

4 Likes

Beauty colours

2 Likes

Here are a couple coho put of our river

And an absolutely stunning brown my buddy got in April

Ive got a trout fly-fishing trip in June to the interior of bc for 2 weeks of camping in a wall tent and fishing every day. I’ll be sure to post some pics

22 Likes

I would like to see pics from that trip!
Thanks for posting those great photos :+1:

2 Likes

You too bud! It’s trout season on the local small lakes, ill have some flys and fish to share when I get out!

Tight lines!

5 Likes

Any of you Spey? I think the brown was on a centerpin tho

25 Likes

Christ…how big was that Brown?

3 Likes

Beautiful fish, awesome pictures, that brown is a monster!

3 Likes

Big, old and mean :slight_smile: I don’t usually carry a scale and I was really too pumped to pay too much attn. I was blown away, and I had to take a selfie while shaking a bit.

2 Likes

Thanks bud :+1:I live in an amazing fishery. These were all caught below the niagara falls, not right, but down a little ways. My biggest is a 30ish lb (another no scale moment) lake trout

23 Likes

Ya, that beast looks over 30

3 Likes

dam some nice fish getting posted.
I was a steelhead junky for most of my teens and adult life. It’s hard for me these days as walking on flat ground is hard enough LOL.
Made many memorable trips throughout my 20’s and 30’s to rivers all up and down the BC west coast. My home river was the Fraser River near north delta and then the chilliwack, capilano, seymor, norrish, chehalis… and a few more. hehehe.
I worked in one of the lowermainland’s busiest tackle shops as a retail staffer , fly tying instructor and on the water steelhead school up on the chilliwack. That was when I could still do a 6 to 8 hour day in my waders.
Never really got into the centerpin although as the classic steelheader reel , I did give it an honest shot hehehe. I use a custom Talon LT2 I spun up myself with a japanese model shimano Citica level wind. I love it and I also use it for coho and chinook when they are running. I also carry a spoon rod on some rivers witch is a custom G.Loomis GL3 6ft 3 one piece. It’s a unique rod gifted to me by the G.Loomis rep back in '03.
Around here, the ice is off all the lakes now and our area is inundated with campers and RV’s with boats in tow. This is rainbow alley , the fishin highway… and there are other names. World class flyfishing in dozens of lakes close by…
I’m busy working on my trailer so I can tow my 14fter around and I have the leg off my big boat after an engine rebuild so I am not ready to get on the water just yet.
Maybe I’ll take the float tube over to a smaller local lake and give the Sage 596 RPL a little stretch. She hasn’t been out of the rod tube in a couple years so I imagine she is itchin to feel the bend and shake of a fat rainbow
tight lines to all… maybe I’ll have some pics next time :sunglasses:

10 Likes

95% of lures are made for the fisherman and not the fish LOL

4 Likes

I throw a jig/craw 95% (Bass large and small) of the time and catch just as many fish as my buddy who keeps at least 7 sticks ready.

Location and fish that are hungry = fish.

1 Like

I had a case of the blues yesterday so I jumped in the jeep and took a ride to the closest trout stream to cheery myself up. I only had 90 minutes to fish but it was enough. This stream is catch and release, single hook, artificial lure through Memorial Day. After that you can keep some fish, anything goes as far as bait and hooks. They do this because the water gets too warm this time of year and the trout don’t survive. So I kept this one and two smaller ones for the wife and I for dinner.

19 Likes

I spent most of my fishing life at the various rivers in the Fraser Valley. Lot of time chasing Steelhead in the upper Chilliwack river from late Dec to April. Coho in the Vedder lots around the middle of Oct. Was there two years ago fishing with my son.

I’ve been living in northern Alberta now since ‘01 and don’t find pike very appealing but recently got myself a little 12’ tinny with a 1981- 9.9 Johnson, 50lb Minn Kota Maxxum and a good set of oars to get me back no matter what. :slight_smile:

Stopped by the provincial park breakwater at Winagami Lake north of High Prairie last night and nailed a pike on my first cast then a dozen more in the hour and a half I was there from 7:30 - 9. Nothing larger than 2ft and the smallest about 18" Plenty of hits from smaller ones but I was flinging a 1oz Mepps Syclops I put a single, barbless 3/0 Siwash hook on instead of that nasty treble hook. Hate them f’n things. Barbless here in AB finally but you can still have 3 trebles on a lure as long as all 9 barbs have been pinched down or filed off. Was using my bait caster loaded with 10lb Maxima line. Next week I’ll be going after them with my brand new 9.5’ light/med spin rod using 6lb like to make it more fun. Need to tie up some decent pike flies then use my home built Powell 10’ 9wt loaded with a floating shooting head with lots of running line and backing on a British made Diawa multiplier fly reel. Think I need a new line as that one is original to when I built the rod in '84. :slight_smile:

The boats slides right in my quad trailer right side up and I have some transom wheels on the way so I can slide the boat with motor(s) mounted into the water on my own easily. That motor is heavy for my old ass so I made a transporter out of an old trolley cart I had laying around. Needed some legs bolted on up front to stay upright but works pretty damn good if I do say so myself and I do. :slight_smile:

Gave it a test run in my dugout Monday night and zero leaks! 3.8mph when I sit in the middle and use the extension handle marked, For Trolling Only. :smiley: I can hit 2.2mph just rowing it. Haven’t tried the 9.9 yet but it fired up right away at the guy’s house where I picked it up. Churned the water in the tub up real good both forward and reverse.

A fishing I will go!

:peace:

11 Likes

that looks like a nice setup you got there @LabRat
I’ve been up in the bc interior now for about 15 years but before that we probably shared some of the same waters :wink:
I lived in sardis 92 to 96 and a few years later out in rosedale. Some seasons I’d fish more than work LOL

2 Likes