Mutation? Or standard auto characterization?

This is one of the three GDP that have been planted in soil.
It’s a interesting mutation (if that’s what it is, never played with autos before) being three singular leaves growing where i’d expect the new growth to be. Observations?

4 Likes

That’s a plant I would trash…
Ds

3 Likes

I’m hearing you. 20charactermin!

1 Like

Looking a little like a mutant GDP I had.

99%

4 Likes

first thing i thought when I saw it too lol

2 Likes

So it’s an auto GDP , that is a not so bad trait for an auto and i would keep it/her. Is it a fem auto ,
How old is it etc … ?
( just saying - but I’d keep it for now and see how it turns out, pretty healthy otherwise mate.
Gaz

5 Likes

I agree @Gaz29 . Sometimes the weird looking runts end up being the best yielders. I’d keep her around as it would be interesting to see how she turns out. If we went around killing off funny looking people in the same way I think we’d halve the world’s population :rofl:

5 Likes

Have you been to New England? You’d wipe out nearly all of Boston with like 20 people left LoL. More like 75% at least would be gone if that happened :joy: I’m sure there’s area’s that would be relatively untouched.

3 Likes

Back on topic though I learned in my first grow that the runts can surprise you too in quality. My stunted and battle scarred Ingrid wound up as a lemonhead clone somehow. I think I had a seed that was just an OG Kush, so it seems I got that lucky pheno with her and that intense lemon note at around 60% of the smell profile with about 30% of the smell being pine and the last 10% is a mix of a mildly sweet woody notes and skunk. When smoked it somehow becomes exactly like what I remember what a lemonhead cart I tried one time with almost too much terpenes in it tasted like. An in your face terpene bomb with a high THC content and a respectable amount of CBD based off the hints of cherry in the reclaim/polymer taste. All my strains have varying degrees of caryophyllene and linalool and all have strong woody notes when roached.

Long story short occasionally the gut instinct to keep a strain should be trusted even if it’ll be a low yield as the quality will make your stash last longer as well.

My friend loves my bud I almost gave up on so many times. It takes a few to kick in, but it gives a long relaxing Benadryl like high that leaves you in a very high state if you misjudged your tolerance level that day. I get away with smoking 3 times a day and I use 1g a day to every 2 days compared to facing 7g daily to achieve the same from the shit I can get in the black market. Sure they give you a strong immediate high, but mine lasts for 5-8 hours after it kicks in around a hour or so after smoking and you get a nice mellow high to brace you for the long peak. IDK how I got a edible high from my bud outside of something to do with THCV, but I’m not complaining :blush:

Ingrid is the small one on the left side there. She only yielded about 7g, but those 7g were the best bud I’ve ever smoked.

4 Likes

It’s a reg auto about 15 days old. They’re getting grown under unknown lighting too, 2k led (no idea what wattage).
I’ll keep it going, known genetic seeds are pretty hard to come by ime. It’s one of the healthiest in that chamber right now too, apart from being a little strange looking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be more than happy if it grows to look anything like that :smiley:

3 Likes

A week later. It’s a boy worse luck

1 Like

That sucks. If it’s a auto though and you haven’t tossed it by now try and collect some pollen for auto breeding if you feel like making your own seeds.

1 Like

Good call. He’s throwing pollen everywhere right now, so hell go into a bag and get shook for future breeding purposes.

2 Likes

I wish I had some reg auto to breed with, but I’ll wait until I’ve gotten the hang of my watering schedule before I go out and grab some

1 Like

Keep an eye on my autos thread. I’ll be doing a 2019 breeders pack this year. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to do so