Anyone Breeding for Terpenes?

Hopefully one day a real breeder will show up and do it by the book so us dimwits can quit the pretending!

3 Likes

And for some reason there scientists who are telling us that the terps are effecting the taste, smell and effects in food and pot, the effects are consistently cataloged. But for some reason we want to make it the mysterious CBNs that nobody is cataloging a pattern about.

What? Where are you? These chemicals werent even allowed to be studied until relatively recently because they were scheduled as illegal in US. That doesnā€™t mean research isnā€™t there. Iā€™m starting to feel like a fool just for continuing this because you arent even reasonable.

1 Like

I wasnt trying to porve it to you. I was trying to explain to you what I have proven for myself. Obviously there is no way for @Dragon to prove anything to you. If you arenā€™t going to do any of the experiments I propose with real weed and real terps that said weed is creating you wont be able to prove it to yourself either. If you dont want something to be true it wont be true to you.

1 Like

Your ā€œterp profilesā€ are antiquated like the horse and buggy. My experiment was suggested to showcase to you how terps arent all there are and just adding ā€œog kush terpsā€ to THC distillate crystals will not give you OG Kush. Im more than willing to change my opinion based on new evidence. I dont want it to be true or false. You see the difference between us there?

1 Like

The research for the terps in pot is the same age as the CBNS
show me a cataloge of different cbns giving different effects in the same detail as there is with terps.

I dont want it to be true. I dont even care if you see the truth.

At this point, youre not going to be able to see the forest through the trees but I hope you can use the information iā€™ve provided to come to a more nuanced conclusion instead of what youā€™re doing now.

2 Likes

CBN makes me sleepy.

5 Likes

If anyone wants to try a real test like I proposed then let me know what your results are.

Attack validity of my test without even trying it and without even proposing anything clear cut on your own. You are a clown and a troll and I hope noone else continues in this waste of time.

Does any weed make you speedy? or paranoid? is that the CBN

Look obviously the terps that are separated from a product are not going to have the same result as the terps that are naturally integrated with the thc, cbd, cbn and so on. the change is obviously in the way the resins developed and mature with certain terps and cbn, cbd that creates the change in effects ā€¦Your test doesnā€™t prove or disprove what I am saying.

In fact I agree with you that adding fake terps to thc will not give you a strains effect

they are fake terps in the sense that they are no longer part of the unique system of resins that we are speaking about once removed.

@Dragon Iā€™ve tried weed with almost no terps at all that have hit pretty much the same as siblings that have heavy terps.

Cannabis contains over 300 active compounds. Around 100 of those are Cannabinoids.

Cannabinoids are a type of molecules that react with the bodies endocannabinoid system(ECS) for short.

ECS is a very old system which main function(it got other functions aswell) is to act as a soothing agent after flight or fight responses.

The ECS is all over the body and all over the brain.

Different Cannabinoids react with this system differently.

This system have nothing to do with terps and the studies done show that terps do not interfere with this system, only Cannabinoids does.

Pz :v:t2:

9 Likes

when you say hit the same what do you mean? that the tast smell and flavor is the same? Or that the potency of your high is the same? Or that the effects you get from the high is the same (couch lock vs energetic)? These are all different.
Is the ratio between the terps within the two sibings the same even though the percentage value is way higher in one then the other? that would give it the same terp profile in my theory because the same terps are in relation to one another. @LonelyOC

No what Iā€™m telling you is that before you even include the miniscule effect terps have on the brain. You have to account for the Cannabinoids first and foremost. Thca and cbda is converted to cbna, either by letting the cannabis mature for too long or from storing the cannabis for a long time. Thc, cbd, cba, cbn, cbg, cbc, thcv, cbdv etc are all Cannabinoids that act on different parts of our endocannabinoid system. If you are going to convince us that terps play a major factor in the buds we are smoking. You need to account for all the different types of Cannabinoid profiles.

In this cultivar there are 2 major phenos with very different terp profiles. If your theory are correct, these phenos should smoke very very different. But they donā€™t. How come? Can it be that what actually is effecting out perception of the effect is mainly the endocannabinoid system?

Also, if you are focusing on the chemovar. Why donā€™t you research the unique and main compounds of cannabis.

11 Likes

Yes I agree that all those cannabinoids are included.

So you are saying that the two phenos that have completely different terp profiles give you the same potency of high, the same type of high and the same flavor taste and smell? What are the different terp profiles for these two phenos that you are talking about. I like your example this is the kind of stuff I hoped would be discussedā€¦ @LonelyOC

The smell is very different, the taste is very different and the ratios are very different, even the mature time is different. They still induce the same high.

Even though the personal effects might differ from person to person. These two phenotypes will produce the same high.

You are missing the fact that we are on the frontier of discovering all the Cannabinoids and we are on the frontier to investigate how different endocannabinoid systems are, person to person.

Smells and tastes are nice in cannabis. But itā€™s not the main factor in the high.

4 Likes