Anyone familiar with Predicative Breeding?

Reno’s on the barn are almost complete mainly waiting for the hvac to be installed. Hopefully start popping in about a month.
I think I want to start with the Afghan Cherries.
Anything you were looking to get that I have and should pop ?

1 Like

I was looking at getting the new crosses. Afghan C x NE Rock Candy and the normal NE Rock Candy. Thanks

1 Like

Jeeze, even I have a contact number and general location listed on my site.

3 Likes

Fancy package for sure, but even $100 a pack is a too much for seeds. Someone mentioned recently (I think) how the seed game is completely like the diamond industry right now, a self inflated product. We all know how many seeds we’ve found in our street buds, let alone having purposefully do a full pollination for seed production.

1 Like

Yes fancy packaging. $10 a seed is a little pricey but compared 30,40 and 50 dollar seeds are becoming more common. Not saying I like to pay high prices.
If there is something I want I will buy it. Like the peanut butter breath I just paid 300 American for. And that’s like half the price if you try to purchase at a seed bank. Hey I took a risk and I’ll let you know if it pays off in a Few months.
I followed pbreeding on Twitter and liked the work he stated he put into these lines so I bought them.
Some people actually try to better the lines they have and it’s time and effort.
Some seed companies have been charging ridiculous prices for ever I’ll include pictures of Marc emery seed bank prices from 22 years ago.

6 Likes

Demand is also a factor in seed prices. The pandemic has seen seeds fly off the shelves of veggies and cannabis. JOTI has surprisingly cheap seeds and surprisingly has barely upped his prices in over 20 years. He has been around for a while and has a ton I want to try at a reasonable price that’s why I have almost half of his bank. You have to pay to pop what you want.

1 Like

Yes I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts with the owner “Kyle”. Seems like an alright guy, albeit, young and just starting out. He can be found on the Cheap Homegrown podcasts especially the ones titled Breeders Collective.

Peace :v:

3 Likes

Just wanted to come back and this. I ordered some of his new seed release and I couldn’t be happier. Smooth transaction that arrived rapidly and of course a few freebies.

4 Likes

Thousands of seeds sold and no complaints yet :sunglasses:, come chat with me on Fb or IG at predicativebreeding

8 Likes

My web designer sucked my friend, trying to clean it all up now :v:

4 Likes

Took me a few weeks before I realized the packaging company screwed this up :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I just grew out some afghan cherries and it was/is amazing smelling and tasting like the milk after you eat a bowl of TRIX with a beautiful buzz

1 Like

Unfortunately $100 a pack is very average these days. Yes there are breeders with cheaper packs but most are $100+++

Afghan Cherries

3 Likes

Update I ended up getting 10 seeds of the Afghan Cherries and of the Breeders Cherry Cake. I’ve also had multiple conversations with Kyle and he’s a great guy. I’ll be popping the seeds in June and will post some pictures at that time.

3 Likes

this is a little off topic, but the name and misspelled words on the packaging are pretty funny.

There is a local seed company here which is one of the few licensed producer breeders can retail their seeds in dispensaries. they are called “Hermetic genetics.”

They said that hermetic means something perfect that comes from nature, and they called their company hermetic because it means the genetics are perfect.

Hermetic is actually a term that means airtight, as in a hermetic seal. They have no idea what their own name means. And hermetic seeds sounds a lot like herm seeds.

I thought the name might have referred to their packaging, but that sure wasn’t airtight. the seeds were in a paper envelope. Not a good idea in a damp climate. only two germinated. the pack cost $110 with dispensary taxes. I thought it would be worth it because the genetics were local, but they had no idea what they were doing. Most of the businesses that opened in the first year of legalization here had more money than brains, and no experience growing cannabis.

4 Likes

Even the websites like Leafly and Weedmaps type places, are notorious for giving false information when describing strains. One site calls a strain indica dominate, and the other says it’s sativa dominant. I never look to those places for good info. Seedfinder is about the only one I trust.

2 Likes