Anyone had any experience with MOOD?

So the other day I get a flyer in the mail from a comany named MOOD.
It advertises “100% legal THC, delivered to your door, no med card required.”

We all know that this is illegal, even in states that are both med and rec legal. So it piqued my curiosity, to say the least. I figured maybe it was one of those frankenweed derivitives.

I go to their website and start poking around, and their whole premise for how it’s legal for them to ship flower using USPS is this:

The flower they ship does NOT CONTAIN THC…wait for it…
It countains THCa.
And when you SMOKE IT…the THCa gets converted to THC, and there is no law against sending THCa through the mail.

I mean Christ…who knew it was this easy??? How the fuck have we all missed this???

/s

10 Likes

No
Just fuck that no.

1 Like

Theyve been selling thca hemp through the 2018 farm bill for years now but the 2024 bill was rewritten to change this loophole. In 2018 they only considered thc as what makes hemp into marijuana, so the delta 8 and thca and everything like that became legal since they goofed, lol. It’s pretty amazing actually here in PA where there’s no recreational use yet.

3 Likes

they’ll have a surprise when they test it after interception. the gc/ms they use heats up the samples to turn them into gas, thus converting it to thca for them automatically. i’ve yet to understand how this is not happening, thus closing said loophole…

1 Like

LOL, That’s a ‘distinction without a.difference’… :wink:

Cheers
G

1 Like

I see ads for them on YouTube all the time and I’m like nope nope nope

2 Likes

2018 they accidentally legalized psychoactive pot and the world didnt burn down - it was all good actually.

Ever since they’ve been trying to peel it back and add layers of bullshit; donor class state level monopolies, high taxes, regulations that lower quality while failing to guarantee safety.

I’m of the firm opinion that any government steps outside of simply classifying all pot/cannabis/reefer as HEMP is a failure and should have no support from us.

OverGrow the Government!!!

I ain’t a customer of services like these but it reminds me of what a pisspoor job our lawmakers do.

7 Likes

From their website:

" The majority of Mood’s flower, pre-rolls, and vapes use hemp-derived THCa. THCa is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis. In its natural state, it doesn’t produce the intoxicating effects commonly associated with Delta-9 THC. But when it’s smoked or heated, it converts directly to classic Delta-9 THC and produces a psychoactive high. THCa is part of the compliance test for hemp farmers and we ensure that the farmers who produce our hemp-derived THCa pass all required tests so that they can harvest their amazing flowers."

2 Likes

Our government shouldn’t be in charge of anything but protecting us from invaders. They’re not good at that either, but I’m sick of them thinking they have a right to tell me what I can put in the body I own.

5 Likes

Cops are usually blue and not green yet they get to decide where all the money goes in America. They aren’t doctors or even accountants… just kids and I don’t think local cops need college degrees or anything ever too challenging in life. They are the group behind all the waste in America, thinking they can just commandeer all our labor in the name of justice and get everything free, but it’s really only genocide if they can only fight for theirselves in the end. It takes one to know one type thing.

I don’t hate cops, they actually protect us against a lot of shit that is murderous, etc., and also I admire paramedics and firemen and to simply hate cops belittles all those as well. I’ve been to jail, not prison, but I could tell some people truly do deserve some time locked up. The problem is they would only lock their own kind up in extreme circumstances, and just as extreme a circumstance would be one that ever worked in a factory.

They are basing this on the ag ruling that hemp with less than .03% THC is legal. The same as the folks using this for THC-v

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Exactly, and also why CBD stores opened up all over the US starting in 2018 when the farm bill passed.

I’ll be honest guys, I have bought quite a bit of these THCa products from a number of different companies over the past few years (I still have some of the concentrates in my drawer right now). The concentrates are much better in my opinion, the flower is consistently lacking smell/flavor from what I assume is how they get it to stay under that .03% Delta 9 THC mark when tested. For what it’s worth, if it’s illegal in your state and the police saw your package with a bunch of “legal” bud, you can rest assured you’ll get charged for it :sweat_smile:.

The vapes/carts you get are typically all alt noids with a little bit of THCa, and usually they don’t make finding the COA as easy. unless very specifically noted and pretty expensive per gram, as it has to be extracted without heat to retain large quantities in it’s THCa form.

The legit company’s all have licenses to manufacture and sell hemp products and the letter comes with every package in the mail with their particular identifying information for any LEO or post office workers. It basically says “This is hemp, legal under the 2018 farm bill, it is all under the .03% d9thc threshhold and here is our license #”.

The law was also very specific about .03% d9thc by WEIGHT, so what also is technically legal are edibles. You have relatively heavy candy, brownies, whatever, and a minor portion of that by weight is THC, and suddenly hemp derived D9 THC edibles are legal too.

Although I have enjoyed the legal loophole while it existed, it is on its way out. Recently a member of congress introduced a resolution to change the letter of the law and remove the current loophole. So, we will see how much longer people can use the USPS as their weed man :rofl:.

Not worth the health risk or money.
R u in a legal?
Unfortunately dont have any tester tasters yet.