Anyone had to source bulk 18650 batteries before?

Hum why steel? So you can braze stuff? Or just so it’s a bite more robust?

1 Like

For the welds more than anything. I can’t see a bolt on job to Ali frame being very substantial or aesthetically pleasing lol

I’ll rummage around to see if I can find some more examples.

There is this forum, a French one, that has some real good info on how to convert the alternator and wiring and the controller and all. It’s for a scooter or a go kart not sure as it was some ago.

Check this guy out Jeff Wolf, he is more of the petrol engine stuff but this is a real good example is “home made” stuff.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s a bad ass ride for sure

2 Likes

Yeah we got them scooters in st.louis never see anyone on one

1 Like

I didn’t even know my family was doing it. I used to love my bike I would ride to work peddling in rain or snow. Once I got sick. I tried to ride and my lungs would give out on me. It honestly brought me to the point of suicidal thoughts.
Having to rely on people for rides killed my pride. Made me hurt everyday.

My family and friends seen this and needed to find a way for me to be able to go to a store on my own because I need my independents. They called and emailed a few companies. Eric from M2s bikes actually cared. They exchanged emails and talks and go knows whatever they did. But one day. I was home alone and ups delivered the bike in a huge box and it was addressed to me. I didn’t know what it was and thought the company made a mistake.
So I called up and told them that there was a mistake and I will have ups ship it back.
Eric told me - it’s not a mistake - this is for you, for what you done for the community. I choked up and cried like a bitch. Than we talked for some time and I’m happy to report that I have my freedom back because of
M2S bikes! I’m very grateful, but I would chose to have my health back, over this awesome bike.

Bro they sell kits on eBay for 150 bucks that you can turn any old bike into an ebike. I can post some good links if needed.

The best part about an ebike is the off-roading. It is crazy on my 4 inch wide tires! I can get a lot of air on the hills when the bike hits 28mph lol. Helmet :rescue_worker_helmet: is a must!!

3 Likes

Thats awesome. That bike is badass. Im tryting to build my legs back. You can pedal when you want then go electric if youre hurting? You have great family. Im gonna look into that bike. Link to his co.?It may take me a bit to save, but after being injured in my 20’s Im 35. I wanted to die. Im past that. I have a overwhelming desire to live better and love myself.

I almost died from infection. I realized I wanted to live and here we are. Talking about biking. I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting that. That made me feel good for you. Would it not be manly to say I was almost in tears? Idk. Thats awesome and inspiring. It probably makes you feel good and some outdoors independency. Ty. Later dude.
-J

3 Likes

@Baltimore
Sorry, you didn’t tag me in your post so I didn’t see what you asked.

Ok check this out.

There is no peddling needed unless you want to. It comes with 9 peddle assists. It’s really a fun ride. I love the tires. It handles like a dream.

They have a bunch of other models
Mine is the r750

It’s a great bike to get out and explore with. Plus you can get your exercise in, if I’m feeling good. I will pedal on one of the assist levels.
Really will help with your strength and mobility

1 Like