Anyone had to source bulk 18650 batteries before?

Bafang seem to be the most used mid drive motors around.

That’s fucking beautiful too.

1 Like

50cc of glory lol with clapped out carb and brittle cracked rubber intake boots for it. Was gonna do a 140cc swap as they are cheap and easy, but why not electric…

Didn’t actually intend to buy it, was actually getting a fixie 700c rim and tire from online classifieds and turned out to be an old friend of my sister who was also was selling that. Got the fixie rim and the bike for $200cnd, so i’m not complaining, just need the space to give this thing a rebuild eventually.

1 Like

IF your gonna do a mid drive, go Bafang BBSHD for power and torque, or for less $$$ do a Bafang BBS02 , nice lil motor just a bit less powerful but way less $$$$

4 Likes

The newest bafang’s are the m series. They’re better in every way and can be bought from Alibaba for the same price as the bbs series. Also you get the m series from Alibaba with a battery for 650$.

2 Likes

Familiar with them, built 2 already, I will stay with the BBSHD and 02’s . 90 -110 newton meters of torque, the HD has 160 plus! HD will SMOKE ONE IN THE REAL WORLD…mine does!!!

New ones DO NOT FIT frames, needs special $$$$$ frames to mount, they are integral with the frames now.
Would cost 1000’s to build one with the new M series.

I can also change out my controller and throw 3000 watts at an HD if I want to, and use batteries up to 72 volt .

3 Likes

An alternator wouldn’t make a brushless motor as they have brushes in them. You would also have to remove the diode bridge and rectifier

1 Like

Ya the m series is for mid drive frames. That’s bc motors are getting powerful. If you check the vids of the tear a part of the m620 vs the bbshd. It’s built better hands down. Hell the luna x1 is the m600 “500 watt” motor pumping 2000 watts.

1 Like

I am, aware, been buying form Eric since before Luna was up and running . Agree it’s internals are better, BUT…15 THOUSAND miles on my ebikes without so much as a gear being chewed up. Nothing!

You have to be smarter than the bike, KNOW how to use it, and GEAR IT CORRECTLY and have a GOOD CHAIN LINE.
I will still take my HD running 52 volts over the new one any day. I can also pop it from bike to bike, which I do, in 2 hours time.

an also run n external cntroller to it, run a 60 Volt pack I have and throw 3000 watts to it, W/O it blowing the fuck up.

160 NM Vs 90 is a BIG DEAL to me also.

IF $$$ were not an issue, a new 620 with external controller and a rel batter pack would be a GREAT RIDE!!!

3 Likes

Hi Mr.Spatkle

Have a look at alternator conversion, I think in your case it might be more simple and the route to go. Plus it’s cheap as chips.

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+alternator+moped&client=firefox-b-m&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwithpSz9eXmAhXEzIUKHQctByAQ_AUIBigB&biw=348&bih=566#imgrc=-8pE50axVkCu3M%3A

3 Likes

Bafang. It’s what’s on my r750

They are awesome and great customer support.

1 Like

I remember looking into this about 2 years ago but was still very sick at the time.

Did lots of research on it too. I agree with the bafang and I also have a resource I can give you IF you want to build your own battery.

From memory I was looking at fasttech for batteries as they have bulk purchase pricing.
But looking through the thread here there’s plenty of good advise. Good luck with it you ave just re-ingnited my want of one :slight_smile:
The book is called DIY Lithium Batteries How To Build Your Own Battery Packs.

If anyone would like a copy pm me and I’ll send it to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Search Mooch on facebook. He bench tests all these batteries and does some great comparison blogs. I use a vape myself and always consult his page before buying. One thing I can say is buy from a reputable seller, there is some nasty knockoffs out there

3 Likes

Agree forgot about Mooch he has a blog that lists all the brands of batteries he’s tested and I’m sure he keeps it updated on the ecig forums.

He’s the only one I know that puts the batteries through their paces and the point of failure so you get real life reading not what the manufacturer calims which on some batteries is very dangerous.

he made my decsion easy when choosing batteries for my mods when I used to vape

3 Likes

I consult his pages before purchasing any batteries. I had a friend who ordered some knockoffs on Alibaba and they vented in a regulated mod, not injuries but could have been much worse.

2 Likes

Yep 100% agree his pages are a must visit for anyone buying batteries.

Last batteries I bought were LG HB2 don’t know if there’s better around these days or not as it’s been 3 1/2+ years since I vaped.

1 Like

Yeah I wanna make my own battery pack still. And it’s for all the above reasons too. So I know the battery capacity is good for the money and I know what components are going in. If it blows up it’s on me then lol init.

@curiouscat Ive had a look at the alternator conversions and they do work but they all look really shit :joy:

Man I wish I could get one donated. Our bird sxooters here. The people have already rippes them apart took the gps out and they sell them with the cargers for like 110. I xan ride to lezington market n back thats an easy 8 mile journey. Sweet ride. Partially disability suuuucks.

Hope you build your bike. Make sure you post some pics. I love elextric scooters as well. :+1::v:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes that’s true. But I guess it’s all a matter of getting things nice and tidy.

Some.bikes with the right kits also look like crap due to the amount of crap people put on the bike.

The quest for nice and tidy can be a tough one with more cost than a bodge and see. From experience.

On another note though after your suggestions I have been having a look at a few builds and the capabilities. And they’re pretty good. But I would wanna start with a steel frame bike not a 6061 butted aluminum for an alternator build.
Rear hub is probably gonna be my best option for decent power and low price