Anyone have a good recipe to make a cannabis e-juice?

I have an e-juice mod and would be cool to make some sort of vegetable glycerin tincture infused with cannabis that I can fill and smoke on the go.

Is this a thing yet?

5 Likes

Yeah it’s most definitely a thing. Easier to make cartridges or vapeable items from concentrates, but what do you have at your disposal to make them? That will have a big factor in what you do next. Distillate for example can go straight in, wax has to be mixed with something, flower you would have to some kind of extraction, even a basic one and then depending on what you did you’d go from there.

2 Likes

I usually make an acetone extract version of RSO. Make sure it has a good purge once done.

1ml extract
1ml polyethylene glycol 400 (peg400)
7ml Propylene glycol
2ml vegetable glycerin

The maths doesn’t stack up I know but you end up with about 10ml of juice from this as it’s all mixed whilst warming on a double boiler system.
(Glass bowl in pan of water) on a really low heat. You don’t want this boiling. You want it blending.

Mix together in the order stated above whilst warming. Hope this helps

3 Likes

I would be careful with acetone. It does not purge as easily naturally and is even difficult to fully purge with vacuum pumps. Be almost impossible to fully remove the acetone from what youre then vaping.

2 Likes

@Foreigner what was the year-long soaking thing you did?

2 Likes

I did do it yes. It worked. I have more than I could ever use.

It’s mild and light so it’s not like a one hit quit sort of thing.

If I were to do it again I would have crammed as much weed in as little VG as possible and gone for higher potency.

Pretty simple really. Add vegetable glycerin to weed put in jar and wait a year. It’ll decarb on its own. Doesn’t get much simpler except for the patience part.

9 Likes

Cold dark storage? Fridge? How do u want it to store for the year?

1 Like

I wonder about doing this with kief… I’ve got a bunch of that. I wanted to do the solventless cart thing but it’s a lot of work, equipment and time I don’t have much of.

2 Likes

Ya I’m in the same boat, got a bunch of flower and a good amount of bubble hash that I feel like the food grade 25micton would be good to use for this sort of project, not into chemical solvents and not gonna invest in a setup to fill disposables. Iike the basic idea of vg and cannabis

2 Likes

I just stuck it in a dark cupboard at room temp.

2 Likes

It will gunk up your tank really fast and I haven’t figured out a good way to clean it yet.

Ya I planned on it burning through coils much faster for sure, might get a separate designated tank for cannabis only

2 Likes

Even then if you don’t use it regularly you get…evaporation lines?…in the glass of the tank.

You know what I mean, little dry circles above the juice. Sure a good cleaning method exists but I don’t know it.

2 Likes

There’s products like wax liquidizer or shatterizer I think, but I tried farm to vape years ago, they are all basically what @MCR0161 listed above.

The main issue I found was using too rough of an extract. You still need to winterize the extract to remove fats and waxes, that’s what gunks up the coil so fast. They float around and fall out of suspension, migrate to your coil, sealing the door behind themselves.

Also, I found the PEG400 to feel and taste “wrong” somehow, dry and plastic-y. If you go this route, I’d try to make it as undiluted as possible while still allowing it to flow in the tank. Extra low temps/watts.

I don’t know how one could drop the waxes out of a vg only mix, but I ran into the same issues there, whether with flower or different kinds of hash

This is the one I tried: https://www.farmtovape.com/

1 Like

I use shatter but any concentrate I am sure would work.

1gram concentrate
1gram https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZQNR4YP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

There are different brands but I have tried this one and I can say my original shatter kept its flavor and there were no strange tastes. Good luck

2 Likes

Any idea what’s in it?

Edit, oh says peg pg

2 Likes

ReikoX's Solventless Hash Rosin Cartridges in case you haven’t seen it. Excellent guide from @ReikoX on how to make what appear to be some very potent carts. I wonder if Veg Glycerin will mix/blend with the rosin after processing it as outlined in the link, for a thinning effect.

2 Likes

I thought there already was a good thread about it.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like