Anyone have m39 Shiva Skunk?

Could you verify that those banks are legit? I have never heard of them before. Those 2 sites look pretty much the same.
With all these seed banks around, its so hard to tell someone legit but small time from scammers

They have some good old classic strains if its for real

Haha yeah that’s the first question I asked my partner. He said the guys legit as far as transactions and replacing seeds etc

But I want to talk nerdy stuff yknow
Cuts/provenance mostly, and if he’s subcontracting the seed production

2 Likes

Excellent, get those deets!

1 Like

Some stuff been on lock for a while now… so he would have to have received them before.

Mtl chemo
L.A
Freezeland
The old purple
The old GC
Etc.

I’m on it hah

4 Likes

Check out HATT Seed Co. They have a bunch of M39 crosses, maybe some F2’s or whatever but I cant recall 100%. I have a White Widow x M39 freebie from them

4 Likes

i think i have some crosses left, jesse, hit me up :wink:

3 Likes

I have m39. I sent some seeds to a friend to make more seeds, they will probably be ready next year.

7 Likes

it’s interesting that you mention this, bro.
the godbud clone i recieved from esko had almost the same smell.
i bet the “purple skunk” in the godbud is m39, lol … (it would make sense.)

6 Likes

If anyone is still seeking M39 stuff…

7 Likes

This is what is found in the SSSC catalogue from 89.

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

Just grew some god bud a few months back and it def had that shiskaberry smell to it.

2 Likes

I’ve got 9 seeds F3 - I will pop all and run a OD repro this year!

3 Likes

I always wondered on that “Basic 5” :thinking: like ya think they really mean, Northern Lites? Small, solid, thick-set indica with heavy buds covered with plentiful resin sure sounds like NL. I’d think if it was just afghani they’d say so, but Basic 5 with that description just seems like word play to me.

5 Likes

@HolyAngel My suspicions is that it’s Nevilles NL5 clone. It was a NL pheno rather then the long and stretch NL5 phenos. That’s atleast what I’m thinking about from the description. Especially from the part about that the Basic 5 clone have been used successfully in Holland for multiple years.

7 Likes

Yeah that was my exact thought too.

4 Likes

I thought it’s NL5 indeed I hope so :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LonelyOC @HolyAngel

6 Likes

could be a “mere” repro of one of nevil’s NL-release? :wink:
the NL5x2 … (like nirvanas?)

8 Likes

Personally, I’ve heard from a lot of people back from that era, telling stories about how people stole cuts from one another all the time, mostly how people stole nevilles cuts. So I’m still not convinced that their Basic 5 clone isn’t the same as nevilles NL5 breeders cut. Their Basic 5 seed line is probably a BX to the clone imo.

5 Likes

Nevils answer is kinda confusing. Its from his seedline of nl5 but someone from the US or Canada ordered seeds and sent it back to sssc to grow out and select from?

So nevilles seedline for nl5 was based on his original nl5 clone and a outcross to nl#2 and then back into the nl5?

So the m39 would be [(nl5 x nl2) x nl5] x skunk 1?

2 Likes