Anyone have m39 Shiva Skunk?

weren’t SSSC nevil’s source for the durban? :thinking:
hence … they exchanged at some point ( true question.)

then,
him not admitting to others holding the same clone would have obvious reasons.
this happens nowadays all the same, btw … his cookies, my cookies ect. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

the planet was the same a few decades back is all i’m sayin’ :grin:
and we might have to accept, that it’s mostly speculation today …

what counts is …
“do we like what we see coming from them”, no?

14 Likes

No, his NL5 seedline was his nl5 cut out-crossed to NL1 and then backcrossed to the NL5 Clone 8 times. These are the beans Melvanetic’s has/had as 89 NL5 aka Nevil’s NL5 BX8.

5x2 was a separate line.

7 Likes

Hey @santero and other EurOGs theres a new user just posted in the German Chucker Crew they grow an Fgen line of M39:

(OP in German, quote run through GTranslate)

3 Likes

Their Basic 5 x Skunk #1 is most likely just that, Nevil’s NL#5 x Skunk #1 seedline. If they had a real cut or a Bx of NL5 they would have used it to make other crosses, but they didn’t. Those cuts you speak of happened after Nevil lost TSB. Nobody was stealing anything directly from the Castile while Nevil was there. The only people that held the original NL5 cut (Nev’s) was Nevil and Sensi Seeds.

5 Likes

@rocket
yeah :robot: a reproduction of what nevil put out.
that would be the most plausible explanation
and most probably the closest thing to the truth.

3 Likes

SSSC posted in their catalogue in the late 80s/early 90s that the Basic 5 they used was a clone that had been grown for ”quite some time” in Holland indicating that they used a ”breeding clone” of Northern Lights 5. Was it Nevil’s clone or another selection of Northern Lights 5?

The Seed Bank (of Holland) never sold Shiva Skunk but Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1. It was renamed Shiva Skunk after Sensi ”took over” Nevil’s old breeds and the NL5 x Skunk#1 became Shiva Skunk, Silver Pearl x Haze became Silver Haze, Northern Lights #1 became Northern Lights, Northern Lights #2 became Hindu Kush Garlic Bud became Shiva Shanti etc. etc.

from SSSC catalogue on Basic 5
Basic 5

from The Seed Bank 1990 catalogue NL5 x Skunk#1

8 Likes

:star_struck: Wow amazing ! Are there more informations and pictures available ?! Would love to know everything about :smile:

OG kicked my ass for sure :slight_smile: what a mess I found this page just few days ago… can’t wait for spring… Hihi

1 Like

Have 4 seeds of it. And 4 pieces m39/ Shiskaberry I believe. I will try again soon. Friends back then were a little surprised at the good smoke. could have been 2016 but I don’t know anymore.

2 Likes

I grew that one out large fat colas huge

Great smoke

4 Likes

One of the favorites till yet :wink:

6 Likes

I am really looking forward to this 8!

5 Likes

are those mothballs? :joy:

2 Likes

Nope :sweat_smile: Something organic :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Cotton is what it looks like to me.

1 Like

Nope :sweat_smile:

It’s sheep wool a natural snail protector if it’s unwashed :wink:

Green Path

Red Path

7 Likes

Secret weapon exposed…wool! I knew it had to be a natural fiber. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I am really looking forward for summer :slight_smile:

:mage:

9 Likes

He will have M39, in the near future. Next Year probably.

Nice progress on the M39‘s :heart_eyes:

7 Likes