Anyone in the SW USA, specifically NM

I just need someone to go cut some branches off of a chaparral/creosote/gobernador bush and mail them to me so I can try to clone them. What’s it gonna take to convince you to be that someone for me?

I grew up in New Mexico and my favorite smell has always been desert rain, and I haven’t gotten to smell it since I moved away in ‘04-ish. I had bought seeds some time back, and am trying to start them, but if I can clone a branch, that would be terrific.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: wow it took an astonishingly short amount of time. Thanks again to @AzSeaindooin420 !

5 Likes

I’m in south east nm, are these the bushes that produce small yellow flowers?

2 Likes

1 Like

Ya those ones, its funny because I’m on vacation in az rn and they are also everywhere here lol.

They def grow wild in the vast open desert haha, that’s the dirt lot next door haha
Where u at in PHX for spring training?

1 Like

Pretty sure I remember them in cali, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and Texas as well.

1 Like

No I’m in casa grande visiting family.

1 Like

Southern ut yes northern not so much

1 Like

That’s still PHX to me when I’m in the Havasu corner of the state lol

1 Like

Fair enough lmao, most people don’t know where its at so I say right smack in the middle between Tuscan and Phoenix, and then they still look at me like I’m crazy.

1 Like

Hey, check this out also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254252510649

1 Like

I hear that with Goodyear AZ too, still PHX to me haha

1 Like

Pretty much anywhere that isn’t Phoenix lmao, or the grand canyon, but I’ve literally been asked if that really is in AZ lol.

1 Like

I had intentionally written my post to be a bit open ended, but put it in the trading post so people would know I’m not expecting something for nothing!

Although I’m open to all the above. I do have beans for trade, or I can send the interested party some homemade soaps or lotions of whatever scent you like. Veggie seeds. Shipping funds.

2 Likes

I can got make some cuts on the bush in the pic, prob just cost ya a large flat rate box to ya whatever they are going for these days

2 Likes

Thanks, but I already have seeds and am starting them! I was hoping to clone a branch because my friend had successfully cloned rosemary from the grocery store and it seemed like a more effective way to end up with a relatively established plant

2 Likes

You can actually buy fully rooted bushes of it on etsy.

3 Likes

Heck yeah, that’d be rad, thanks! I’ll hit you up in the PMs for your info for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No problem, I’ll go looking around with a shovel and see if I can dig up a few small ones for ya, only space constraints is the size of the box lol

3 Likes

Haha oh boy, I was just hoping to score some branches so this is getting wild. I appreciate it!

2 Likes