Anyone into roller coasters?

Being from NE Ohio, I’ve grown up at Cedar Point and have always enjoyed and have gotten a “rush” from coasters. Me and my son just got back from a 4 day trip and visited 3 different parks and rode 20 coasters total on our trip. The technology and engineering put into some of these newer rides just blows my mind. I will say, I have a few hobbies I enjoy doing stoned, especially fishing, but coasters is defiantly not one of them. I had an edible kick in when I was waiting in line to ride Steel vengeance for the first time. Holy shit you talk about almost having a breakdown. Didn’t wanna puss out infront of the kid though lol. It ended up being super fun, but defiantly a hobby I enjoy doing non-high.

18 Likes

I actually recently found out I don’t like coasters as much as I used to lol. Used to be any coaster any time. I’ve now found a coaster at seaworld I probably won’t ride again lol.

2 Likes

Haha, i think it just takes some time for your body to get used to them. I found out I cant do any dark rides. We did a couple indoor coasters on out trip and got super nauseous every time.

2 Likes

LOVE Cedar Point!
Some of my best memories are of our yearly trip there!
Used to go to Sea World and Kings Island…but Cedar Point was my fave!
I was lucky enough (??) to live in Houston when the Astrodome and Astro World still existed…
I was a ‘Beer Wench’ at the Beerhause there and we got to do the test rides every morning… they had the XLR8- the 1st hanging coaster (The Bat at Kings Island was actually 1st, but had engineering issues) Your feet skimmed the top of the water below if you were tall enough-- and the fog/lights were freaking awesome!
We live about 20 miles from Michigan Adventure- but never go…aging and back injuries do not play well with the rides…

2 Likes

Thats an awesome story. The beast at Kings Island was the very first coaster I ever rode when i was probably 8-9. The tunnel at the bottom of the first drop made me feel like i was about to get decapitated and I jerked my neck super hard and had a stiff neck for like a week after riding that. Growing up i was fortunate enough to have Geagua Lake and seaworld about an hour from me. I miss that place soo much. Funny enough about aging and a bad back. I’ve been suffering from degenerative disc disease, and already had to have one back surgery at the age of 30. After my surgery i think thats the main thing that kept me away from coasters for a long time, but I found that after I ride them it actually helps with my pain. Kinda weird. I have no plans on stopping. I see people in their 70’s and 80’s still riding with their grandkids having a blast.

1 Like

Geagua Lake!!! I couldn’t remember the name of the place! Thanks!!
I remember the Grand opening of ‘The Beast’…I was 16 and we went justfor that!
Pretty sure my brother still has the T-shirt! LMAO!
Yeah–I’m old…

1 Like

I used to really enjoy them but then I got a motorcycle and started pulling Gs in the parking lot.

There’s this one coaster I remember, a big one, but the scary part was that they used your pelvis as the only restraint.

2 Likes

THATS AWESOME. I actually got to ride two coasters with my son on our trip that are still in operation from Geagua lake. It was a pretty awesome and surreal moment. Brought back sooo many memories

1 Like

Hey me too! I like Houston even though (because) it’s a bit sketchy.

1 Like

Went to Cedar point once when I was younger awesome time loved the top thrill dragster! Took the fairy across lake Erie that stops at Pelee island.

3 Likes

TTD is intense!!! Hopefully it’ll be back up and running next season.

1 Like

6 flags was a blast a few years back but todays rides I haven’t had the opportunity to do .

From watching videos they definitely have upped the adrenaline rush.

1 Like

Oh HELL no!
Love coasters-- but fat old ass best be buckled in!!

I didn’t realize it was still there!!!

Used to live not far from the AT&T building on Cummings… Big apartment complex built around a pool and courtyard with palm trees!! Only there for little over a year… but had a lot of kewl experiences…was the Hostess at a high-end Mexican restaurant, and Seated ZZ Top when they were doing a concert at the Astrodome!! Gave me a $100tip just for seating them and getting them water!!

2 Likes

Yeah. Big scary coaster whatever. Tiny little bikini restraint. No thanks.

1 Like

I’ve only seen photos…heard it was a real thrill ride!?

NOPE! Not this old broad either!

1 Like

I lived in the woodlands in a similar palm tree pool apartment complex.

My experience was on the edge of rural and I spent a lot of time outside. Deer armadillos red mud palmettos, great stuff.

And I lived beside a 20000 seat Christian auditorium.

Good times.

2 Likes

So cool great experience to live . Good for you to have memories that are a once in a life time .

I’d gone to a open air concert in Reno years back where they preformed. Sorry not Reno Lake Tahoe.

2 Likes