Anyone into roller coasters?

The last time I went to Canada’s Wonderland the feature rollercoaster had only lap restraints.

On the first drop my svelte figure slid out of the lap belt restraints up to my knees. Never before have I felt so unsafe on an amusement ride and spent the next three minutes with my legs wrapped firmly around the metal bar between my knees. Really sucked the fun out of the ride.

Shoulder restraints or bust.

3 Likes

I think we are talking about the same thing I just don’t recall the name.

2 Likes

i went to six flags once in college when they were doing that halloween night, never again. i’m terrified of rollercoasters but i did it anyway. 2nd one i went on was the raging bull. that feeling when you make that first initial drop… definitely not for me. i did go on one that was cool, it spiraled multiple times and made me feel like a fighter pilot.

4 Likes

We did knots berry farms at Halloween one year .
Was different but the kids enjoyed it

3 Likes

I bought platinum passes this year so that gives me access to all the cedar fair chain of parks for the season. We went to Carowinds, bush gardens virginia, and kings dominion. All parks were really good, but Bush Gardens was the most amazing park I’ve ever been to. It was spotless clean and the themeing and attention to detail they put into that place I’d unreal. Even if you don’t like rides, I still think it would be worth checking out.

6 Likes

Im near Carowinds and my kids talked me into riding fury recently. Man what a rush! That was the first coaster Ive been on in over 10 years. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t wait for cooler weather so I can sit in that line without cooking again

3 Likes

Dude our first ever ride on Fury was at night. It was unreal. Probably got to ride it 7-8 times in total. Carowinds is an awesome park and can’t wait to come back.

2 Likes

The Millennium Force is my favorite. Still an awesome coaster to this day.

3 Likes

Ole Millie will forever be a classic.

1 Like

Toronto circa 1970’s my Nemesis The Flyerimage

2 Likes

That thing just screams " rough ride " lol

2 Likes

Niiice…except the Auditorium… Never got to see an armadillo… :roll_eyes:

JEEZE! Lucky we still got ya!!

1 Like

Niiiice!!
Have fun!
I’d be on the rides all day if I could!
If it spins-I’m in!

1 Like

Not into roller coasters really anymore. My kids are, and when we were in Spain a few years back, my oldest wanted to go on Red Force at Ferrari Land. Super fast, super high, and super short. Nothing more than a lap restraint. Terrifying.

Been on every rollercoaster at Universal Studios and Sea World and Disney World Orlando FL many many many times :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

I just found out armadillos carry leprosy

Kinda crazy

1 Like

Yeah it’s true. Nice to watch from a distance but I wouldn’t lick one.

3 Likes

Was it the Manta?

1 Like

Did all the coasters at 6 flags years back with my sons . Think the new stuff is much more extreme these days .