Anyone know where I can get rks

My opinion is back when RKS was fairly popular it had a stench so bad you couldn’t ever keep it on you unless you had a film canister, and no one wanted to get busted so people stopped breeding with it. It’s also like a said a freak and you can hit it with other skunks and it either puts out some totally new smell, or it throws bananas like crazy.

I’m hoping to find something in the coming year I can play with that will bring out that loud skunk again, but I’m certainly not holding my breath.

5 Likes

Skunkman Sam even said himself that he bred out that skunk smell because people were getting their grows busted. If I find a true RKS in my Ancestral Skunk, I’ll pimp that girl out!

12 Likes

In my opionion skunman destroyed it he should have kept some around even if it was seed form

2 Likes

jk but find you someone to trap you a skunk and put it in your room with your plants for a day or two and make yourself some knockoff lol

5 Likes

I’m willing to send out a few clones of what I have, try it out and you will agree that what I have is a true rks… I’m in eastern canada… Clone shippers anyone?

And LED seedz is right, that reeky smell probably got alot of growers busted and thats the reason why those reeky terpenes got less and less popular and is very rare these days.

5 Likes

I had an oz of rks trim including fan leaves in a plastic grocery bag in my car this summer and went to a small local hardware store to get some 2x4" and the owner was convinced that there was a skunk hiding somewhere in his lumber yard lmao !

If it would have been an oz of the rks buds the owner would of though a whole family of skunks we’re hidding under the piles of wood.

8 Likes

i’ll pay for a clone shipper and shipping for one of those, i miss that pure skunk smell. am in manitoba.

4 Likes

No problem, a dying breed is priceless and since it was gifted to me I don’t mind sharing with others.
Even original landrace strains are easier to find than a real rks…
_Im trying to post a few pics but the fireonion browser on my tablet won’t let me… I will try downlowding another browser

3 Likes

are you trying to use TOR? could use orfox and orbot or whatever. or just use a VPN app like i2vpn. or chain proxies.

2 Likes

Lol that’s exactly what I just downloaded, that’s what I used before and had no issues posting (ic), I love the fireonion browser much faster and all images load up on regular websites but I can’t post pics with that app.

7 Likes

6 Likes

This is a female seedling of a self pollinated rks, I received her about 2 weeks ago when I went to see my friend and asked him for a clone, he didn’t have any clones ready so he gave me a seedling of the self pollinated seeds he picked out of his last crop and had recently germinated instead…

she was about 8 inches tall and was under a short 2 foot led strip in a plastic drinking cup, I transplanted her to a ~1 gal pot with soilless mix with 10% worm castings, a bit of glacial rock dust, igneous volcanic rock dust, mycorizae, fossilized marine bone meal and a tiny bit of high N bat guano… shes close to 24 inches tall and is mostly under a 4 foot led full spectrum strip with additional 1000 w mh lighting from the side.

I need to transplant her to a bigger container tomorrow, my friend has found a few seeds each harvest since he’s been growing her, since march. That’s how he got a hold of this strain in the first place, a few seeds in a bag he bought from Montreal a few years back, said it was really good weed and kept the seeds…

I have grown her since june this summer, 3 crops from clones my buddy gave me to try her out and each time she comes out the same, small-medium sized buds, shes a darker shade of green with big wide fingers fan leaves streches and branches decently in the first 3 weeks of flowering a bit stretchy and like a vine at first then puts on the weight and fills out with multiple bud sites, smells ok dead skunk with undertones of burnt rubber kind of like fresh skunk pee smells like( my female rottweiler got peed on 3 times this summer so I have something to compare the two smells lol) I have grown 4 clones since june and haven’t seen any naners nor have I found seeds in what I grew.

my friend grew her outside this summer and said that she performed better than the other 2 strains he tried out, smells a notch less than when grown inside but odour is definitely rks thats how I recognized this strain, looks identical to what my father grew in the 90’s, he never grown it inside only out thats why I wasn’t sure at first until I saw my buddies outside plants drying I said WOW, nostalgia hit me and I immediately recognized the weed of my teenage years !

Sorry for the long post.

7 Likes

yes man definitely let me know if and when you have a clone available i’d love to see if it’s the smell i remember. i guess your friend didn’t know the strain when he bought it?

apparently the R.K.S. from GYO collection DNA Genetics stands for really killer skunk lol and the reserva privada said GYO collection also so idk if they are the same thing

4 Likes

They are,
and all the reviews I’ve read said DNA’s RKS is all-fruit / no-skunk.
Skunkiest nugs I’ve ever smelled was grown from an early-1990’s “bagseed” from some imported Afghani that was 99.99% sensimilla.
Back then around here, all the best weed smelled like dead-skunk or cat-piss. We’ve come a long way, but there were casualties.

3 Likes

Best bet for a rks would be to check out some of Duke Diamonds gear he has been breeding using the old Basic Skunk from Super Sativa Seed Club, the original shit before it was watered down :wink: Dominion Seed co :v:

or

Go through Mr Nice auctions, Shanti has released a RKS line called “new skunk” which gets listed every now and then, its definitely in there but needs to be found, may take a couple of packs to find it :v:

3 Likes

Hippy Slayer 1/2 RKS… I call her crazy bitch… hardest stuff to grow right I’ve ever seen… nobody gets her right the first go at flowering… she’ll clone on concrete and veg wonderfully… she’ll bring your to your growing knees in agony during flower… if you don’t get it right you pay…

17 Likes

This is practically a dare.

Dammit. I am not ready.

5 Likes

she’s like having an ex girlfriend with multiple personalities and you only broke up with 3 of them according to her… strongest marijuana I ever smoked

5 Likes

I am rapidly turning into an old man.

And I am single, because I met most of the persons of whom you speak.

8 Likes

9 Likes