Anyone make their own ejuice?

@Mr.Sparkle, I finally got a weight on the QWET run I made last week. I gort 2.8 grams from the initial run. The second run (not QWET) in only got about .4 grams. That is a highly efficient method to get a clean hash oil (taffy like). I’ll definitely do that again.

I’ve been storing my extract in th3e freezer because it is easier to work with when it is that hard. I don’t see anything coming out of it though. What am I looking for at that point?

Do they work in the still? I’ve been hoping to find something that allows easy removal of the extract at the end. I doesn’t come off glass any easier than any other surface.

I’ve gotten that from all but one of my mixtures. That is that taste I was complaining about from mine. I thought it was related to the solvent used. Thanks for pointing out is is from too thick a mixture.

1 Like
  1. Nothing will come out in solid form, i refreeze the liquid that was used for the extraction and run it through a filter before i boil or evaporate off the alcohol.

2. Possibly ? Would assume they would.

3. Yeah so far i noticed the overheating obviously changes the flavor.

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle That’s what I thought, but for some reason I read it as freezing it afterward. I have been letting mine distill off until there is about 100ml left in the beaker I am using at the time and freezing it for 6-24 hours (whenever I remember to take it out, lol).

And here I’ve been blaming the solvent I’ve used. It also explains why both PG and PEG400 have that same taste.

I purchased a small tank with a coil/wick builtin. It is called “the Rabbi” from S6xth Sense.
https://www.s6xth.com/

It is an amazing little tank. I am using ejuice that would only work in the big tanks with their large coils and feed holes. I expected so-so performance. Each other small, discreet tank I tried only allowed a small amount of vapor, no concerns about choking from too big a hit. The Rabbi has such a good draw, you can easily get enough to choke on. And it doesn’t even feel like you are getting anything until you exhale. I’m glad I ordered a package of 3. 1 was $8.99, 3 was $15.99. $6.00 s/h.

I put thick ejuice mixed less than 1:1, the mix my son liked for the first test. I expected it would fail like the juice tank for the Hive or the Yocan Stix. I tried another tank that I cannot find the name of marked on it anywhere, that had a larger coil and feed holes than the Hive juice tank. The last one worked decently enough.

The Rabbi works so well, the 1st battery I tried with it is a Stix battery. It handled that very thick juice very well with no burn taste at all.

Edit: Added link for the Stix and a few more words

1 Like

I got lazy n just been spreading out dabs on my rta coil it’ a 3 id clapton. Works great doubt I’ll go back to mixing it.

@skiball if going route pick up a wax atty, saionara, divine tribe, or something from w9tech are the good ones out there.

2 Likes

Thanks but really don’t see the point in independent oil rigs. When I can build a coil however I want for pennies and on a more advanced mod. But now that the oil goes on a coil that has juice in it. Stays a better temp without need of finicky temp control.

@Mr.Sparkle, I made some more QWET today. I started with 29.2 grams of 1/2" and under buds and got 3.5 grams of clear amber concentrate. This time I didn’t use a beaker in the still, I just used the still pot to distill in. It took about 8 minutes to distill off 500ml and another 4 to distill the last 250ml off. The last time, using a beaker to contain the mess took hours. My still is 750W, so I’ll just be cleaning up the still pot from now on. Too expensive the other way

It was hot enough to pour the first 2.5 grams into a dab container. The last gram came from scrubbing the still pot with 25ml of ET and it took about 20 minutes to evaporate that 25ml in a beaker on my hotplate. Since it was less than an ounce of alcohol, I just folded up several paper towels to make a nice thick filter and laid it on the beaker while evaporating the alcohol. Did a great job, barely a smell, it was all caught in the paper towels.

Start to finish it took less than an hour. Obviously when I did dry ice and ET I let it go way longer than necessary. I like this method of extraction. It is quick and easier to collect than rosin.

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle I ran 30.4 grams of sticky leaves only with QWET method. I am very impressed with this method. 60 seconds of a gentle shaking and I get clean, clear extract. I winterized when the mixture was less than 250ml, closer to 175 actually, because it takes so long to filter 750ml that I was likely letting some fats return to the still. Once I filtered the out fats, I distilled off almost all the alcohol, leaving a mixture of less than 25ml and poured that into a silicone mold. I then set my hotplate to about 65-70°C with a folded stack of paper towels to catch the alcohol steam. When all was done, I had 2.4g of extract. It is a lot easier to collect the oil from the silicone mold than a glass beaker or the deep still pot

When I have the process completely down pat, I’ll post pics of my extract. I also bought a silicone baking mat to put under where I am working on the concentrate. It is sooooo much easier to recover the drips from than a table or desk top. I wasted more than I want to think about previously. Especially when collecting dab after Rosin pressing. I don’t know how it works with small rosin tools, but with the 6 ton press, there is always extract on both sides of the paper, so you just can’t help getting it on the surface you are working on.

I tried that Rabbi cart with straight oil. It works! I have to heat it to get it thin enough to put into the small diameter cartridge, but it actually works. No need mixing an ejuice.

Edit: added picture of Rabbi because the link I added a few posts above didn’t show the image without clicking on it.

1 Like

Yeah depends on the extract, most of mine become like shatter or taffy like, but thats also strain dependent , currently im still mixing with pg at until i start making distillate oil but thats a ways off now, as it needs to be placed on a future to do list.

3 Likes

My last 2 QWETs gave me taffy like consistency. I left a small amount that was in the bottom of a dab container in the freezer to make it easier to remove. It was a very thin layer and as soon as my warm dab tool touched it, it exploded. I think I lost some on the kitchen counter top. I’ll be watching for that from now on.

I mixed some with 25% blueberry flavoring which contains pg. It makes a superb tasting, strong hit. But, I’ve found that it separates if you let it sit for a day. Peg 400 doesn’t separate, but lacks availability in flavorings, which it the only reason I mix at all. With that little rabbi and my larger SuperTank minis, I’m able to get away with using straight concentrate. I need to do a few gentle hits to warm the extract to runny, and then don’t try to power hit and I get some really cloudy, lung dumpers. I like simple.

2 Likes

This is why I hate shatter! I prefer a buttery consistency, not too sticky, not too shattery.

1 Like

It’s a bummer if your not expecting it, for sure. Next time I should be more aware and be ready for it. I think if I just let it warm up a bit would’ve helped.

Has anyone ever read this patent application for making e juice?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20150105455

1 Like

Interesting. So anyone making their own spicy ejuice is violating this guys patent? So what’s one more cannabis law to break…

Wait. How could anyone hold a federal patent on extract processing when process being patented is illegal at the federal level?

2 Likes

Yes, apparently the government holds a patent on the benefits of CBD on epilepsy, yet still claims there is no medicinal benefit (schedule 1).

But patent law is difficult and expensive to enforce. Our company holds patents that we know are being violated, yet we won’t do anything until it effects sales directly.

I even believe @Indra owns a patent for BHO and isn’t getting royalties for all the BHO being made.

1 Like

hi everyone,
I am not trying to molest ma and pa operations, but this year you will see the big infringers go down as my attorneys take each one down with infringement law suits. precision first as he is an objectionable asshole , people using my patent to generate big money is about to come to a halt.

2 Likes

since you don’t seem to understand patent law, let me enlighten you, My patent isn’t about cannibis processing at all, rather it is a flavor and fragrance rock solid patent since 2009 and further back in 2000 I patented cryogenic collection of terpenes as well as oil patents, it just happens to be the best way to make perfume and flavors and the pot people have realized that meAns it works on cannibis flowers as well, BUT on my site I say clearly we do not condone Illegal use of our industry standard, so your misunderstanding schould be clearer now , WE DO NOT DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL PERIOD> IF YOU BUY A SYSTEM WE ARE NOT RESPONSISBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH IT>

2 Likes

yeechhh, bad patent:scream: nasty method of ruining good extract

1 Like

since all are struggling with this here is a hint to make your pens work without additions, place extracted oil in vacuum oven at low temp 150F for 48 hours, then it will run well

5 Likes

Hey there @Indra, thank you for providing that clarification. Great tip about decarbing the concentrate to get it fo flow. I’m sure with a proper vacuum oven terpene less should be minimal. :+1::seedling:

1 Like