Anyone make their own ejuice?

if you have a good cold trap in between vac and oven you can collect the terpenes and put them back in it

2 Likes

With all due respect sir. I donā€™t think you will find much interest or sympathy here. Us ā€œmom and popā€ growers that produce our own medicine while occasionally squishing out some concentrate shouldnā€™t concern a man with your gravitas in the Cannabis business. Nothinā€™ but love broā€¦:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

what are you talking about, I never hasseled any ma and pa setup and never will so save your platitudes and slowdown on coffee sounds like your hallucinating

1 Like

and who said I am looking for anything here, you suffer from ego problems, if you think you speak for all here you are high

1 Like

ALL GRADES ARE BAD TO VAPE PERIOD. nowhere will you find epa saying that.

Why yes I am high @Indra. I read it again. Never mind. Stay lifted. Disregard, carry on! The mention of Attorneys makes me sooooo paranoid. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks for the feedback.

Iā€™m a flower smoker with no desire to try or use e juice or extract. But if you have any good tips on cob curing Iā€™m all ears.

REALLY NO ONE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO CURE YOUR PLANTS, YOU KNOW THEIR CONDITION AND A WRONG METHOD MAY HURT YOUR FINE WORK, SO i WONā€™T FILL YOUR EAR WITH ADVISE, THE WORST OF THE VICES IS ADVICE

2 Likes

NOT ABOUT YOU EH?:heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

@Indra thanks for the explanation. :thumbsup:

A vacuum oven isnā€™t something a lot of us are likely to own. What happens if I do the heating process in a normal oven?

you have to punt then, get an old thick glass milk bottle, a rubber plug and a handbrake vacuum pump or a 12 volt one same price. from amazon 19$, drill hole in the plug use stiff plug, insert braided hose that will stand heat ( Car store) pump a vacuum on it then place it in 145-degree oven over night keep an eye on it to ensure it says under vacuum.
I havenā€™t done this but if I had no vacuum oven I would try it

3 Likes

Hey guys, I know this topic is focusing on making juice from concentrate but Iā€™m off the cigs again for 4 days now and looking into making my own nicotine e-juiceā€¦ And in the future, make cannabis juices since my lungs are happy that I stopped smoking.

Anyways, whatā€™s the best way to start making juice, any good kits? Iā€™ve did a little browsing but always count on my good friends at OG to direct me.

Thanks fellas!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

There are a bunch of shops here. They will mix the flavor and the nicotine right there. Thatā€™s probably the safest way to start. Every time I got a new bottle, I had them reduce the nicotine by 1 mg/ml. It made it pretty easy to taper off. The hardest one for me was going from 2 mg/ml to 1 mg/ml. I smoked 0 mg/ml for a bit, but now I only vape rosin.

1 Like

Yeah my shops around here do the same. I find the flavors are lacking and overpriced at around $60 for 120ml. So thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying to find a good place to buy the supplies to make my ownā€¦

2 Likes

Huge props to @Indra for helping spread knowledge and being helpful. :heart: :thumbsup:
Parting with hard won knowledge can be a tough thing to do, but should be rewarded with encouragement and the sharing of our hard won knowledge when it will be helpful to others! #PayItForward

On to my contributions! :smiley:

Iā€™ve tried doing the quick wash with frozen isopropyl alcohol to extract, then allowed one batch to evaporate at room temperature (taking 5 days) and one batch was evaporated in the oven at 170Ā°F (the lowest my stove would go) for a few hours. Both batches came out very brown and appeared oxidized with none of the monoterpenes intact.
Each was mixed with various concentrations of Poly Ethylene Glycol 400 and vegetable glycerin. Neither one tasted good or smoked well out of a cotton wicked vaporizer.
Then I discovered c-cell cartridges that use ceramic and donā€™t require a thinning agent!!!

I still donā€™t have a good method for extracting clean concentrates while maintaining all the monoterpenes, but Iā€™m interested in learning.
I have done rosin pressing, which provided clean concentrates, but I believe there is probably a better way to do at home extractions.

[I have a BS in biology, with too many years in chemistry labs, so I have a strong basis to start with, but little expertise in cannabinoid/terpene specific physical chemistry. Oh, and I vape nicotine and vegetable glycerin with no flavorants, as they have been linked to health issues.]

1 Like

@Indra, thank you for this! I looked on Amazon and eBay at vacuum ovens. They are way out of my range at this time. My money is totally planned out for the rest of the year. Iā€™ll try this idea at the start of next year.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear you are kicking the butts!

3 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™ve been doing well. I may have had five cigarettes in the last ten days!

3 Likes

Why do you have ejuice discussion on a thc vape topic ??

juice > thc vape ???