Anyone make their own ejuice?

i’m not using that product no, i’m just trying to dissolve it in regular nicotine e-juice 50% glycerin 50% PG - after 2 hours it seems like the chunk of shatter may be getting smaller/thinner so im thinking it might be working slowly. i guess i could just not be lazy and look up the instructions for those products

1 Like

another brand Holy Terp i have heard of but have no personal experience with the product. It came up when i was looking at the same question. I just pres my own rosinwith a hair straightener and use a coil pen/ Kandi pen That ended up being my solution A place in denver is down to 20 a cart for distilate so i dont even mess. However i look at a 2nd generation Pro-vari and get the urge to fill a giant tank or two. watch some you-tube a double bioler helps mix and emulsify the mixture better than a microwave or a pro hotplate with magnetic mixing bar can’t be beat if your filling quanity.

yeah everyone i knew that vaped shatter just put it directly on the coil but it seems inefficient and messy. if this dissolves in to my e-juice i will probably stop smoking flower for the most part.

2 Likes

yea once the price came down the cartridges from 50 to 30 and now 20 pens are way more convenient some distilite carts are testing at 99% thc and will cause temporary greening out. ie dont puff and drive don’t ask… I worry the the segment will kill craft flowers as they are the fastest moving item in colorado at 33% growth compared to flower and chemistry does the heavy lifting not the flower quality. I love them and are guilty of voting with my cash but i can see it as a bad thing in the long run as flavor is added in post production.

2 Likes

Its a crazy time to be alive brother.
I’ve been good so far but it seems everyone prefers concentrate these days.

Shatter for 15$ a gram for med patients, who can blame em!?

Stay hazed
Jake

2 Likes

wow and i thought i was getting a good deal @ 29$ ! is that in USA ?

i don’t think this e-juice will dissolve this shatter. i guess a drop or 2 of terps would prob help if i had some eh?

Hey @legalcanada yeah man, A few dispensaries will have prices like that consistently across Colorado.

what I’m showing is the lowest i can find (REC) but after i see the label blown up the old guy can see that it’s past it’s use by date but it kicks like a mule don’t care… Should I ?

2 Likes

@argo945 the one i see in the picture says enjoy by 08/2018 so you have 9 more months :slight_smile: i can’t imagine what would go bad in it either

2 Likes

told you i can’t see and the shit is potent ha ha embarrassment…

2 Likes

Much love @argo945.
That was pretty funny brother.
Put the pen down until 730mountain time. :smile_cat:

Stay hazed
Jake

1 Like

what year is it? uhhh… failed standing eight count…

3 Likes

don’t worry brother we can be your eyes, anything you need to see just let us know! are you the one that posted a picture of trichomes cause you couldn’t find your glasses? :smile:

1 Like

so i ended up putting the shotglass inside a frying pan on the stove turned down low, so the surface of the pan stayed around ~150-160F. once the shatter melted i began stirring very vigorously with a glass stir stick. the 2 would not blend very well at all, most likely because the juice was 50% VG. i ended up falling asleep w/ the stove still on :joy: so i could probably just mix it with coconut oil and eat it at this point.

the juice was clear to begin with and it is now brownish tinged so i guess some did dissolve but i think i have at least half the shatter still left and at least a quarter of what i started with is stuck around the sides of the shot glass. i will just get PEG400 and maybe dissolve it in that then mix a bit of flavoured juice with it afterwards. sorry for the dark picture.

1 Like

Bummer.

That didn’t work very well at all.

I wish I were a chemist!

i think PEG400 would work excellent. most of these expensive products like wax liquidizor and the potion or the secret or whatever are just mixtures of PEG400, PEG200(or300?) and PG at varying levels and i’ve heard positive reviews about them. i heard people having success mixing shatter with pure PG also, that’s why i was hoping if i added 2x the amount of 50/50 PG/VG it would work lol but i guess not, i’m clearly not a chemist either.

going to pack this in my tank and see if i get a good taste or buzz, haven’t smoked any flower in 3 days so i’ll get a buzz pretty easily :smiley: if i dont get nicotine poisoning first :joy:

edit: oh yeah it tastes like shatter and i got a buzz going already LOL i maybe i just reached the max solubility

Ejuice turning brown is the nicotine oxidizing FYI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the # value refers to the viscosity of the peg, liquid in this case. I have bought peg from 200-2000. peg 2000 for example is a flake-like solid.

1 Like

in this case it was the shatter dissolving, i had been heating it for 6-8 hours yesterday and it was still clear this afternoon when i started again. the taste reminds me exactly of the one time i had a weed gummie. i’m excited about this new healthy(er) consumption method. no more smoking for this guy!

i also read somewhere it won’t separate when mixing shatter with PG as they bind together or something. have heard of people storing for 2-3 months without separation

Oh keep posting your results… I would love to fill some cartridges up when I have some stuff to concentrate!