Anyone make their own ejuice?

i don’t have a closed loop system. i would be open blasting and letting it evap in a dish before bringing it inside. most of the DIY stores i’ve seen only sell a nicotine PG or VG solution up to 100mg/ML and not pure nicotine (1000mg/ml), which i would require for the concentration i like.

i only saw one option for PEG400 on amazon.ca and it was not food safe. i’ll have to check ebay or amazon.com later

Food Safe,

Cheapest I could find.

have you played around to find the max solubility for shatter or bubble/kief/whatever?
i’m wondering if i could create a strong enough solution so if i mix 50/50 with my flavoured e-juice it still packs a punch

edit: cool that website offers shipping to canada, and they also offer a 3 way blend (1/3 each of PEG 200, 300, and 400)

This is exactly what I would like to do. A flavorless ejuice, potent, made from dry ice hash. Do you have this process outlined somewhere? I am doing research on making my own vape juice (w/nicotine) RY4 is my go to juice. Great info in this thread. I won’t have to look any further than my trusted OG!

1 Like

@legalcanada

Amazon.com has several choices, like the one @99PerCent posted, including pharmaceutical grade. Apparently there is a difference between Amazon.ca and .com.

You could just mix it in your favorite ejuice to start with. That was how I did my 1st batch. Not sure if using your favorite ejuice would remove the nicotine or not though. I was using a 0 nicotine (watermelon flavored) ejuice. It takes longer to simmer because it doesn’t have any PEG in it. Most premade ejuices are 50/50 pg/vg from what I’ve been able to glean from the online vape shops.

@oleskool830

Not sure if you are asking about dry ice hash or odorless ejuice. The dry ice method is well documented in videos on YouTube. The juice was harder to instructions for. I had to look up THC tincture and substitute pg for the vg used in tincture. In your case, you’d need to add nicotine as well. I would think the nicotine would go in after removing the solids.

If you need it, I could document what I’ve done with these procedures. Let me know which you need…

That’s what OG is all about! People with a common interest helping each other out… :v:

Edit: added a 2nd quote from @legalcanada along with a comment.

1 Like

there is, it sucks. amazon.ca has way less selection and usually more expensive for the same products. some amazon.com sellers ship to canada but shipping can cost. texlabsupply.com ships to canada tho i’ll probably get some of that in the near future.

has anyone mixed this stuff with RSO w/ isopropyl to vape?

No, but before you do, you may want to see if residual alcohol mixed with PEG is a problem. I don’t know this.

99%

i would if RSO would mix better with the premade e-juice. @Cobra50 i already tried mixing shatter with my flavoured juice with terrible results, it’s ITT

Thanks for the reply @Cobra50. I’ve been vaping for years. Quit a 30 year cigarette habit with it and have been tobacco free for years.
I make dry ice hash with all my popcorn and trim. I would like to know how to make vape liquid with dry ice hash and PG (I assume) Something potent I can put in a vape tank. I’m not interested in flavors and it doesn’t have to be odorless. Thanks in advance for your help @Cobra50! No nicotine just lots of hash.

The trick will be liquefying the hash. I don’t think this is going to happen with just PEG. Too many Trichome husks in the way.

Not being a man of science, I only know of 3 ways of extracting oil. Butane, Carbon Dioxide and the Press.

Oil mixes with PEG like honey into butter.

99%

PS. In my limited experience with e-juice in the pens, the pressed oil tastes more like the oil that went into the ingredients than the butane. The Dispensaries around here use CO2 extraction, and those are superior to all at $70 a pen +battery.

1 Like

Thanks @99PerCent. Is it difficult to blend hash oil from a dispensary, with vape liquid? Thanks!:cowboy_hat_face:

The dispensary sells the THC-Juice in syringes around here, and you enjoy it directly in your pen or food or what ever. It is near pure THC and a slow flowing oil. Heavenly.

1 Like

@oleskool830

The reason I mention odorless, which btw, is the ejuice making process, is that I’ve made about 120ml using a combination of techniques fro YouTube videos. These ways require heating to 95°C (double boiler style) and simmering it at that temp for 40 minutes. Then you let it cool completely and do it again. It calls for doing it a minimum of 4 times. While the solution is simmering, you can smell the thc in the air. It smells exactly like the aroma of vaporizing buds. I feel that if you can smell it, you’re losing some thc to the wind.

I started this heatless batch 10 days ago. All I had was pg and vg. I mixed 9 parts pg to 1 part vg. I look forward to getting the peg400 in my shopping cart at Amazon (I found a great deal on a microscope recently and that wiped out the rest of my spending money until my next check comes in). I read the links @99PerCent posted farther up the thread. It seems that peg (polyethylene glycol) is a better solvent than pg (and healthier), so mixing oil or kief should a faster, more efficient process. 99% also posted a series of pics farther up this thread that shows how he makes his ejuice using oil and peg400. I think it will also work with kief since pg works with kief.

@99PerCent

I think it needs more time when using kief. Pg works with kief, so it seems to me, peg will work with kief as well. With kief and pg(&vg), it needs to simmer at 95°C for a long time. I’m thinking (and I won’t be able to test it until I get peg400) that peg being a better solvent would require less heat and/or time. I know, you’re going to say to make some oil and use that, but I have more than 20 grams of kief from all bud (all the small stuff, I use buds smaller than 3/4" [19mm]). I also have 15 grams of leaf hash that is earmarked for cannabutter. Gotta make use of it… :slight_smile:

I have making a rosin vise in my budget for March (along with a hot plate with a built in magnetic stirrer). I never use credit so every piece of equipment needs to be planned and budgeted for. Of course, sometimes something comes along at a price that is stupid to turn down. When I found the microscope I bought, I was just looking (planning) to determine which one I wanted. I was planning on $300 total including camera. It turned out that Amazon had a $320 scope only, at $100 off because the packaging was damaged. Sure, I still need a camera (February budget), but I got more microscope than I expected to get. But… the microscope was going to be on April budget, so I am very cash poor for another week.

1 Like

Yes PEG is supposedly a better solvent, but PG is the healthier option from my understanding which makes sense why its used in a lot of flavorings.

As for dilution rates and methods.

Would of tried more if i didn’t break my cart. So far ive started off from a recommendation over on F*ckcombustion that a PG to shatter ratio of 6:1 . The method is to heat the shatter first in a double boiler method “shot glass in a glass” using just boiling water and once heated and liquefied add in your PG and stir till mixed then set aside in the sun to oxidize a bit for color and clarity purposes and to allow any non dissolve-ables to settle out. Seems to work definitely in comparison to my first couple tries before that info using VG and or PG mixes that didn’t work well at all.

Since then though been wanting to play with stronger concentrations, did a 5:1 ratio and just used the microwave method for wax liquidizer being that you put your wax/shatter into a microwave for a couple secs to heat and liquefy it, then add your PG and mix and then blitz for a couple 5 sec rounds till hot and uniform, avoids the whole double boiler method . Anyways this worked better and quicker than the previous method for me but i still wanted to up the potency, That was when i just started to get stuff ready for a 2:1 mix to play but then i broke my cart before i could get started.

I will be playing in the future for sure as i order some more carts today, even though i have a rda i can test any said liquid on my goal was to try out the carts. I’ll probably be making some juices anyways as i have plenty of shatter to play with that i don’t car about, or have other bud of that i can turn into shatter.

1 Like

Hey there @Mr.Sparkle. At least 2 different videos on YouTube show mixing 1 gram of concentrate to 1 ml of EJ Mix, which I believe is mostly peg. In these videos, both people heated the EJ Mix for up to 10 seconds (microwave) and then mixed the concentrate in. One of the videos, the young man heated the mixture 2 more times for 10 seconds each, stirring in between. His hadn’t melted in right away like the first videos mix did.

I’m sorry. I’m pretty sure the doctor or researcher in one of those links said that ml per ml, peg was less harmful. Maybe I misunderstood the speaker or maybe I got it backwards. He also said that the difference between industrial pg and food pg was diluted 50% and that pharmaceutical grade is diluted more yet. So pg (or peg) isn’t “healthy”, it is just safe at those level of concentration.

I’m pretty sure the word healthy doesn’t actually apply to either of these petroleum products. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

This is contrary to what I have learned.

Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) is food safe and used as a laxative

Propylene Glycol (PG) has been linked with cancer and other problems, especially infants

1 Like

What you are smelling are the terpenes, flavonoids, and other lower boiling point volatiles. THC will not boil off at 100°C and boiling water will not exceed that temperature either. The double boiler method will completely preserve the THC. Though you may get some decarboxylation at that temperature, that’s not necessarily bad.

The down side is, those terpenes, flavonoids, and other volatiles are known to modulate the effect of THC.

3 Likes

May want to read the pdf you posted on propylene glycol all that is about is about warning labels and safe dosage as a carrier for children medicines

Based on the limited overall quality, non-clinical and clinical data available, the Committee considered
that
• no recommendation on a safe dose for propylene glycol can be made based on the current
available data;
• correlations between PG exposure, patient characteristics and reported adverse events are not
established;
• while there is a trend of increasing safety concerns with propylene glycol doses in excess of
several hundred mg /kg/day in infants, the limitations of the available data do not allow for a
definite conclusion;
The Committee therefore concluded that well designed clinical trials investigating the safety of
propylene glycol exposure and reflective of common clinical use in terms of duration and quantity are
needed to allow a better understanding of propylene glycol safety in children.

In essence they dont know at least in that article. And the previous article of PEG is from 1993 and is in reference to use as quoted “humectants, solvents, binders, emulsion stabilizers, and viscosity-increasing agents in cosmetics” so not inhalation or consumption

Also you probably consume PG daily depending on what you consume, as its highly used as a carrier for flavor extracts. I’ll look into it more but from all ive seen and read my original point still stands.

1 Like

just from wiki on Propylene glycol to give an idea of what its already in.

Propylene glycol is used as a humectant (E1520), solvent,[9] and preservative in food and for tobacco products. It is also one of the major ingredients (<1–92%), along with glycerol, of the e-liquid and cartridges used in electronic cigarettes where it is aerosolized in the atomizer.[10] Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and soda.[11][12] Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal-care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients.[6] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[13] Certain formulations of artificial tears, such as Systane, use proplyene glycol as an ingredient.

also

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[21] and propionaldehyde (a potentially hazardous substance)

Serious toxicity generally occurs at plasma concentrations over 4 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time, or when used as a vehicle for drugs or vitamins given intravenously or orally.[25] It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG, except for alcoholic beverages which are allowed 5 percent = 50g/kg.[26] Cases of propylene glycol poisoning are usually related to either inappropriate intravenous administration or accidental ingestion of large quantities by children.[27]

The potential for long-term oral toxicity is also low. In one study, in 1972, 12 rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG over a period of 2 years, and showed no apparent ill effects; no data on offspring were offered.[28] Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts.[26][29] The GRAS designation is specific to its use in food, and does not apply to other uses.

2 Likes

Inhalation studies have been done with PG for distributing pharmaceutical drugs. Often as a treatment for asthma.

Now excuse me while I put this rosin in my Hurculese oil cartridge and get potent, full flavor rips on the go! :grin:

3 Likes