Anyone remember the Jack pipe?

I was digging through my old collection and came across this guy.

I cleaned it out and packed it, (it came with a special packing tool) and I sparked it up, and man what a hit. That double Venturi effect really does work. This pipe came from Jack himself at the Champs tradeshow in Las Vegas. Maybe 98, or 99. Fun times.

I just need to get some jack herrer seeds and I can maybe do it some justice. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

33 Likes

That looks cool and very travelable. But please tell me you’re not going to abuse it with that mallet. Oh the horror…

3 Likes

Cool design, I like it.

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JACK-HERER-WOOD-HAND-PIPE-DOUBLE-BARREL-VENTURI-RICOCHETING-VORTEX-4-inch-USA-/392737877437?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Jesus fucking christ!!!
$250?!?!?!

5 Likes

So travelable! I’ve taken it places. :wink: Love the cap. Snuffs it quick. And don’t worry I love that piece. No hammers will touch it.

Holy cow. Think I paid 35 for it. And bought like 5 for friends.

5 Likes

Looks pretty cool, are the draw tubes rifled for the venturi effect?

1 Like

That I’m not positive of that. I used to have some literature that came with it, but I can’t find it. :confused:

1 Like

Met him at a metaphysical book store in fairbanks alaska. My avatar is the high times he signed for me. Wish I would have gotten one of the pipes and had it signed as well

4 Likes

Hell yeah! Glad you got to meet him. All his pipes are handmade and have his signature branded on the bottom. There were some knock offs at the head shop I worked at in 2000, but they didn’t compare at all in quality. Wish I had more than just one left. Its a pretty handy piece.

1 Like

I had a third cousin (my moms cousins husband, I think that makes him a 3rd) named jack herer who was a cop in chicago area. Always made me laugh when I kept seeing the name pop up in high times in the late 90’s.

That signed high times is probably worth a small mint.

2 Likes

This does invoke the venturi effect! I still have mine from back in the day. Probably got same time as Rhino. I had the pleasure of Jack Herer himself show me how to load it during an hour long smoke session at his hotel room in California(edit, it was VEGAS) around 1997-2000? I think I still have the literature that came with it.

5 Likes

What was he selling em for? It was a pittance compared to what they go for now. :wink:

We use to make them in shop class in the 70’s

2 Likes

Alright everyone… exactly one year and a day later I found the documentation. Pretty amazing I have kept this for around 25 years. It’s a little stained but I scanned it anyway. So much more than a simple wooden pipe. @Rhino_buddy check this out.

10 Likes

I have one of these pipes that was left with Leslie Cabarga by Jack Herer many moons ago, I wound up picking it up for a Benji. I’ll post a pic when I’m home from work.:wink:

3 Likes

that is exceptionally cool. I’m amazed nobody has tried to make something similar for…well…not at the price of a legendary figure’s handmade work :joy:

1 Like

I wish someone would try to make them again. With the blessing of the family I would love to try but I don’t know anything about making wood pipes except for a few YouTubers I watch make them, but thats just because I am amazed. If I could get a couple new jack pipes, I would in a second. 25 years and I have never cleaned the thing, resin just doesn’t stick to it. To be honest I rarely use it because I have so many glass pipes but it is the perfect travel pipe. I think I refrain from using it all the time because I don’t want it to finally get dirty or lost/broken. I should bust it out more. I dont think it can get dirty.

2 Likes

Awesome @Greenup ! I think I have that in my stash box somewhere too! Glad you posted it, so I don’t have to go look. :joy:

Making one seems like it would be fun. I think I need a bandsaw to make it a bit more feasible. Lots of hand work otherwise.

1 Like

It took me a while to find the damn thing, but here it is, I’ve always loved this pipe.

10 Likes