Aphids are gone but now this…

@CruJones Thank You!

@Rabeats2093 @CruJones I noticed this happening as well…the pistils shouldn’t be this brown this early in the grow. It’s not light burn…once again, maybe the spray? Is it a problem?

3 Likes

I would agree with @arb , at the extreme ends of the VPD chart, things get dangerous.

But the closer you can safely get to VPD 1.0, the plants will be super happy.

2 Likes

It soooooorta looks like disease, but I’m battling septoria so everything looks like some cannabis STD to me :joy:

The average RH here is 85% fwiw.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I would say the browned pistols r a result of the spray …unless in anyway it has been Intoduced to pollen. …pistols will turn brown from being roughed up a little bit as well …your plants look very healthy other then that

3 Likes

I think they’re looking great. Ive had the hairs turn after a soap spray in early flower. For me it was more noticable on the tops but still affected the partially shaded flowers too, all the way down. Tried to zoom in on the budlets under the main canopy but can’t tell for sure (old eyes, small phone). All new growth progressed just fine for me.

1 Like

They have been roughed up a bit with me spraying and searching for aphids…I’ll chalk it up to that. Thanks again for your input!

1 Like

You’re welcome…The funny thing is I have posted multiple questions that I thought were stupid but ended up getting a plethora of Information along with it as a result

2 Likes

It’s happening on the lower buds as well, that why I knew it couldn’t be the light. That spray has really effected my grow in so many ways. Ugh, aphids truly suck. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I had septoria during my outdoor grow this past summer, that was fun. Made it to harvest though so keep fighting!

1 Like

This looks like a phosphorus issue.
I included a pic…

Sulfur deficiency is the yellowing of the leaves more constant over the entire plant, including the younger leaves.

Advanced sulfur deficiency can be identified by the brown grazes and/or necrotic spots that often develop along the petiole, in which case the leaves tend to become stiffer and often curled and brittle.

I would use Vermiculite for silica naturally.
If these plants turn yellow we know sulfur deficiency may be the root of the cause, Gypsum will give you sulfur and calcium.

If PH is too high add dol lime, and also meal worm frass is 3 pH, yiu could lower the soil pH with it.

I’m testing meal worm frass now.
With mostly rabbit manure and a soil called natural guard.

Before that I tested Fertilome ultimate potting mix and it is the best potting soil I ever tested.

Super large chucks of perlite, I’m going to be peat free soon, looking into Hydrafiber but it need machined to mix into say…50 percent Vermiculite.

Vermiculite is dangers and I don’t recommend using it carelessly.

2 Likes

@GregOG Do I just top dress the vermiculite? How much per 5 gallon pot? The roots are pretty thick at the top of the soil so I don’t think I can mix it very well. Thanks for your feedback.

The Old school soil had a 50/50 Vermiculite and peat.

So I’d mix it 50/50

Its about 7 to 7.5 ph.

With peat being 3.8 should make a good pH mixture.
Look into adding Gypsum for calcium and sulfur.

Sorry had to edit above, I had Vermiculite releases sulfur with silica naturally.

I’ll put together a few soil and plant food demonstrations sometime this year.

1 Like

Hello,
i don’t want come as the ominous bird,
i wish u that only spray made leaves curl and pistils brown,
but there is another possibility, symptoms remind me broad mites/tarsonemids :confused:
i hope not.
Good Luck!

edit : after a little thought, i think that’s probably not tarso, i bet on the spray too :wink:

1 Like

Sprayed mine with neem. Same look a couple days later. Maybe sunburned?

2 Likes

I thought that might be the case as well…

1 Like

@GregOG i am growing in coco

1 Like

@Upstate my Ppfd is only around 800 and the buds deep down in the plant are also turning brown so I think it was the spray.

1 Like

Yup. Spray for sure. I had the same thing.

3 Likes

Cucumber skins deter Ants and Aphids. I’m going to hang skins on braches if I see them in flowering.

Plain water 360 spray rinses works great for Aphids and all pest.

95 degrees in full sun I’ve seen kill Aphids effectively. That’s because aphids are fairly fragile, and will die off in droves during periods of high temperatures over 90°F and high humidity.

2 Likes