Apologies for mistaken seed Identification 1972 Landrace vietbamese is landrace Korean

Very suprised nobody caught this. In my landrace Vietnamese seed for trade and a story for free Post  https://overgrow.com/t/1972-wild-vietnamese-landrace-for-trade-and-a-story-for-free/91336

The seed * sent to people* was misidentified. They are 1972 landrace Korean from Donghae, Ganngwon-do on the South Korean Coast by the Chobiatts River. I only realized this when I looked up the traits of Vietnamese Black and saw that had a long flowering cycle where these seeds flower early. It does match the vietnamese blacks discription for taste and smell, type of high and shape of growth except has a wider leaf but still a sativa. so attention to “DGCloud”, “Cannabissequoia”, "RoryBorealis " Ronsonmatsuo4 ", and two others. I do get stoned a bit.

26 Likes

You just made it more interesting to me! Don’t hear as much about Korean strain

5 Likes

Exception being the Big Skunk Korean, but that’s the only one I can think of, and it’s only 1/3 or less

3 Likes

i thought they look like so smilar to chinese. but then they are even better cause i found it still trippy looking. what was the flowerintime?
korean opposed to Chinese had some recreational culture if i recall right, so this is, wohow ey, ahm,
kinda cool!

5 Likes

in order nobody gets nerved, in china its not very often that they used it recreationally, but who explored whole china… probably noone. and loooooooong ago it was used recreationally, but in 1970, very few

3 Likes

they finished mid august outdoor in northwest oregon. They also had to be moved four times and a couple other hybrids I have are only halfway through budding now.

4 Likes

Oh that is great to know, And thanks for lettting us know much appreciated, is there any more info on this Korean strain? Any info would help me out on the story of it. I’ll also do some research and see what I can find on the strain. Thanks again for the beans!

1 Like

Nvm found original thread to refresh my memory, I do gets high too! Lol

This sounds like a candidate for a co-op run to me.

2 Likes

I’m still stoked @oldhippy! :call_me_hand:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Do check Germinating old seed in advanced techniques. I put my best guess for most promising method.

5 Likes

Neat! Korean pot with a high! Romulan was rumored to have Korean genetics in it( maybe Korean Thai?)

3 Likes

Was one of those guys @HappyTrees23s by chance?

Where did you acquire the seeds originally, and what did the person who gave them to you say about them?

I would put more trust in the source of the seeds than a description you read online that seems to fit the appearance of the plant. Genetic expressions can vary depending on environmental conditions and many other factors. This makes it practically impossible to identify a cannabis plant by appearance or growth traits.

@oldhippy I saw your other thread on this mentioning a base on the coast in gangwon-do south korea that was active in the vietnam war.

I wrote down the info of when and where they came from. It was the latter part of 1972 He was at Donghae, Gangwon-do, South Korea resupply base on the coast by the Chobiats river (how he pronounced it I did not find it on map.

During the Vietnam war there were US bases in korea, and south korean military bases that operated jointly with the US.

There is a Korean naval base in Donghae, Gangwon-Do called ROK Navy Donghae Naval Operations Base. This base still operates jointly with the US Navy.

It would certainly make sense if this was a korean line. I know of korean hybrids that are quick finishing yet have a sativa high, like the old Romulan.

Did the serviceman who gave you the seeds specifically say they were vietnamese? Or just that he collected them while stationed in korea during the vietnam war?

You said the seeds were from live plants, but it was also common for servicemen to trade or sell bud that they had bought. This could include bud that was available locally, bud that people acquired where they were stationed and then traded or sold on bases, and I have also heard that there was a lot of import bud from other se asian countries circulating as well.

2 Likes

collected them while stationed in korea during the vietnam war WHILE ON PATROL.he had brought acouple branches back to base took the seed out of it and sent half in a camel hardpack, the other half in a plastic case for extra fishin reel spool. his grandmother only froze the camel pack.He gave me both packs the freezer ones first. they looked a milky color nd dull. .Both my brother and myself were able to crack some of the ones from the freezer and gro them to completion. The started showing calyx’s around 4 to 5 set of leaf. the males showed just after. I tried to pollinat the famale from the male to keep the strain pure even if heirloom . Mooved male to another location waited till flowers had opened the waited two more days to let pollen dry and mature. . pulled out any green from the male sacks. Added corn starch to what remaned. Using a small clean mae up brush I applied the mixed pollento the pistal hars two different days . Thought I was seeing the calyx’s getting larger, yet no seed issue came of it. so then started to trade in hopessomeone had better luck on it because this strain had so many good qualites I hoped to see it continue and add some of it’s traits into the gene pool. my brothers crop was hit hard this year with powdery mildew had finished budding the korean weeks beforeI heard of anyone even sighting the powdery mildew

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.