Arcata Trainwreck Is it still around?

I have three phenos. Tame (the silhouette pic above), not so tame (the other pic above), and this one: I call her Jammer

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/4X/8/a/4/8a455657a10e40cfdb0d239c023ca8b9b096315e.jpeg

3 Likes

Find it Moonshine haze

Someone must have the Nevils wreck used to make not so long ago

That would be a good repro to see on here sometime

Trainwreck…Its a nice piney and Mysterious smoke thats sure!

Hola Gang

I believe I still have
3 fem Jaws trainwreck seeds
in my stash a gift from Kushyman

Bare

9 Likes

Santa Cruz goat farm has a cpl hybrids using the real tw

2 Likes

I have a train wreck clone that just got its roots in. I had train wreck back in the days and was one of my favs to smoke. The buddy I got it from says it’s a legit old school train wreck that won cups back in the days. It’s from Mendocino. He did flower it out in his tent and it is train wreck. I don’t know if it’s aracta train wreck but I’m happy with it from what I saw and smelled. I hope I can flower it and see what you guys think.

IMG_6468

14 Likes

I have a Gifted (@HundredgramOz) old pack by H3ad seeds TW ix.

7 Likes

Jeeezus. H3ad seeds is legendary
So that would be like the Trainwreck used in Casey Jones…holy moly.

5 Likes

My fav Tw crosses were karmatrain, wreck D and Allen wrench.
Purple Stardawg x TW be cool to try.

2 Likes

that’s odd, because there’s only the arcata cut. everything else is hybrids and s1’s of the clone.

I’m curious what he used.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can dig up what I was reading…
Here we go. This isn’t the. original article I found, but this one has the reference, and the quote from Sub that I saw in the other one.

The Chernobyl strain came to be when TGA Subcool Seed’s founder, Subcool, traveled out west on a quest for the best Trainwreck cut he could locate. He was not impressed with the Arcata cutting as it was “to tall, to slow, and to bi-sexual” for his taste, so he kept looking.
After many failed attempts, he had almost written off this legendary strain. That is, until one day Subcool came across an amazing plant discovered by a buddy of his that goes by the name Smokescreen.
One female plant was said to have all of the traits of the famous Trainwreck strain without producing a single male stamen. The crew from TGA then decided to combine this female with the genetics of Jack the Ripper, a tasty sativa-dominant hybrid. Subcool goes on to say, “the complex coloring that shows up late in the plant’s life is a thing of beauty and the potency of this mother is epic.”

5 Likes

You should talk to @LouDog420 about trying a Casey Jones backcross with that!

3 Likes

I seensome very very good looking plants come from what they called giant trainwreck. I will see if I can find some pictures
Hopefully someone still has that

1 Like

I did pull down the HSC arcata. It went 68 days in flower. Was not a good yielder. Pine and cleaner terps.

17 Likes

Thats come out nice. Has that almost floppy colas thing going on like the old original version.

5 Likes

thank you. i didn’t know about floppyness in the original, but ya, super floppy. an earlier pic is upward in this thread…not floppy then.based on pics, it actually looks like it should which a rare thing for me. i was surprised on the yield given how much the buds bent over the plant…and how big they were. i had a plant half its size sitting next to it give almost 1.5x the amount. one drawback was it took up a lot of space. not a dense plant at all.

3 Likes

Before I chop mine, I’m going to untie them from the stakes, so everyone can see just how floppy!!

5 Likes

Yes that was a trait of the original. The colas used to just flop ontop of each other. It would take up a lot of space an look a complete mess, looking like a complete wreck.

Be interesting to see yours untied @HeadyBearAdventures . Thanks

5 Likes

It is truly a wreck. Chop should be 2-3 weeks from now

6 Likes

Yeah, splinter nice work…That’s my first impression too… Real deal Trainwreck

Its got to be floppy and unruly and fluffy giant buds that weigh nothing

Congrats!!!

4 Likes

Are there any breeders that have a version of this close to the original? Looking

2 Likes