Arcata Trainwreck Is it still around?

If you read the thread there are references to several breeders.

2 Likes

These poor beasts…

#hogtied

20 Likes

This is the one you’re looking for…

4 Likes

fluffy giant buds that weigh nothing, AHH no not what i say about the arcata trainwreck.

humm …

5 Likes

they were not really that fluffy, but they are not rocks on mine. it made donkey d’s the size of my arm, not so many separate nugs i see on other pics. i pull rocks when the genes are there. this didnt’ have that. the high is up with no cieling…it competes with coffee. i had trainwreck consistently out of northern cali for a 2 year stint 2004/2005. dudes in an RV were driving very far south and east to drop it. there was a semi-famous person or two with them. the pine to almost lemon is there, but i don’t know how close this is to what i had back then. it was always outdoor then, so it may be hard to compare. the color was darker back then, but also not sure it was the arcata…it might have been out of mendo or something. it was the farm that sold ‘the purps’ and if you called it something else they would promptly correct you. the CSI guy mentioned ‘the purps’ when he discussed selecting his his mendo purps line on breeders syndicate.

8 Likes

I have been looking at that strain. Smoke report when you’re done?

3 Likes

Most assuredly!
I love making detailed smoke reports.

4 Likes

I’ll have an update on my Mendocino train wreck cut in acouple months it’s still in veg! My older buddy that o got it from had long colas when I saw the ones in flower. I got cuts off the vegging plant and got it rooted and have been vegging it for about 2 weeks now.

8 Likes

i take it back. they are rocks. i guess i had been smoking the larf. the main colas were huge, then shunk a ton. those nugs are super hard. only thing missing to me is i thought there would be some indica influence in the high. i don’t notice any if there is some…maybe 10% on the feels.

6 Likes

just get the clone if youre US based

6 Likes

Cross posting some Twenty20 Mendocino Arcata Trainwreck fem budshots from my thread.

Those golf balls in the bottom two pics are from a plant I call Ivan, that one is a non Trainwreck pheno. The others smell of cedar, sandalwood, and funk, but she’s pure lemon zest. I’ve been saying she’s an OG masquerading as a Trainwreck

20 Likes

That looks really nice great job on the grow!

4 Likes

Arcata TrainWreck fem

still early but were moving along now.

these are not going to be large plant’s there un topped and there in 1 gallon pot’s.

peace …

17 Likes

how long did you take it?

2 Likes

Still going. All 3 will go at least 10 weeks. I’m still getting fresh pistils, and almost no amber whatsoever at week 9. They did have a stressful week where they were over watered and over fed, so in prime conditions they might have finished at 9, but even the person who gifted me these beans said its a 10 week strain

5 Likes

i went 68. i have a clone of my last one at f6. i might take it a little longer this round. a buddy has another cut of the hsc arcata. i might try to get a cut from him later this year…he’s a fungus gnat knucklehead though. i have to quarantine his stuff for ages and i still get infected sometimes.

2 Likes

The two times I got spider mites, I got them from clones. Now when I get a clone I nuke it with pesticides, give it a few days to recover, clean all the soil off the roots and transplant into a new pot. But really, I just prefer seeds. I like cloning for myself, of course.

2 Likes

How do I know if it’s the real deal?

2 Likes

ask for pictures or whatever. im not here to hold your hand. either you want it or you dont

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking of running this Trainwreck for a couple of decades now:

TRAINWRECK :female_sign: CANNABIS SEEDS - Dr Greenthumb Cannabis Seeds

3 Likes