Arcata Trainwreck Is it still around?

very happy to see ppl still giving this one some respect and much love, she is truly a master piece.

true CLASSIC strain …

5 Likes

i just cut another twenty20 down this past week. i gave it 2 of weeks of water and went to f70. it faded a lot.
smells like pine again. much better yield this time, from clone.

18 Likes

Ive never had any Trainwreck. Seems like something I would like. Love the colors. Good job.

3 Likes

mine are still drying and will get in there in the morning and begin to do the final second to final trim and do a lot of de seeding. will take some dry pics of the wreck at that time.

peace …

8 Likes

how are the smells on your trainwreck?

2 Likes

wreck{ish} never be able to get across what i think the wreck really smells like. when i get her out and do the de seeding and the cleaning and pic taking i will do some smelling and try to describe what what its like.

peace …

2 Likes

years ago there was talk of the wreck smelling like a DEAD WHALE ahh not being from any coast i have no idea what a dead whale smells like. i do know the wreck does not smell like anything dead that i have ever smelled.

strange i know …

6 Likes

ya, the old outdoor wreck i used to get from Cali, darker like yours with small or hardly noticeable hairs, didn’t smell like dead anything…or skunky. it was maybe a pine funk. perhaps some lemon in there, but i miss that note if it’s mixed with other strong ones.

my bro just got back from CO and grabbed some arcata in a dispo. i let him smell my jar without telling him what it was…he said ‘oh that’s the trainwreck’. a good sign i guess.

2 Likes

yes exactly what i always tell ppl TRAINWRECK smells like TRAINWRECK once you get/smell the real deal its not a smell you ever forget.

awesome …

6 Likes

I’ve growed them (before i discovered this amazing place) from something like 5 or 6 different “Breeder”, mostly Dutch , HSC claimed to be US…
I was really wondering what all the stuff is about… It mostly came out as some yield lacking skunk.
Now i’ve read all this and i gues i have to try it again…

2 Likes

wreck is not a low yielding strain, yes its not pound plants but not many are. i grow mainly in one gallon pots and if i get her on point i can get a oz or a bit more, bigger pots bigger yield. i choose to grow her un topped and keep her lowers stripped, now if i topped here or even left the lowers on the yield could be a bit more. i personally do not mind losing a bit of yield to make the grow and growing of her much easier, most ppl hate that fact that she is so sloppy to grow well thats true if you top her out she can be very very unruly and send you into a hair pulling state and i do not like that at all. there are so many strains out there that yield crazy good much better then wreck but for ppl who know whats up with the wreck its always a nice strain to have in hand or have seeds stored away for that special run.

my opinion …

10 Likes

I totally agree with @nick131740

“that the old school strains will make a comeback…nl5 x haze, afghan, afghoo, sensi star, ssh, sage, blueberry, super skunk etc. Funny me and my brother were just talking about that. I’m actually doing it right now this run… ssh and blue dream.”

I love it… truly medicinal and recreational on a different level especially for people who have only tried Gelato crosses:) cookies etc …

6 Likes

I always thought trainwreck reminded me smell wise of like an amnesia chemdog almost, like rotten dogshit incense kinda. I liked Jaws sayin dead whale that vibes. Sometimes theres more of the lemon/pine cleaner but I feel like majority of trainwreck I’ve had is more shit than shine.

Trainwreck White Widow sounds killer, I imagine like a dead dog diharea tennis ball factory.

6 Likes

sorry i have not got the pics up yet today, spent 8 hours trimming and shucking seeds, the pics will have to wait until the morning. did try to tell myself what i thought it smelled like ahh ya just still very unsure.

strange i know …

4 Likes

I had a really rich meaty pheno show up in my Twenty20 TW fems. Picks you up into euphoria, then slams you down into a stupor.
Smells like when my mom used to put a roast in the crockpot with French onion soup mix.

2 Likes

ya its a very very strange thing to grow bud and it smells like food, not talking about sweets and fruits talking about meat and tater food. the gmo white stardawg has a liver and onion phenol that is pretty amazing, scary if your not in the know of what that smell is HAHAHAHA.

food weed …

4 Likes

Not the profiles usually found in dispensaries where I am, that’s for sure!

Exactly. When I opened the Grove bag, my initial response was that it stank, then I realized noooo…it’s got that stank!

1 Like

Yeah like all things in life fads don’t stand the test of time. I promise these desert strains won’t be mentioned 5 years from now. I personally feel like all these new genetics from " breeders" are crap. There’s no originality …just untested hybrids of the same genetics over and over. Kinda boring if you ask me, but to each their own. Us older growers know what’s up. These old classics are becoming extinct and or watered down with the usual suspects. Anyway nice to see trainwreck still around. I’ve actually got some bros grimm durban thai high flyer x sensi jack herer going.

Headybear that smell sounds right up my alley…gotta love meat terps lol

5 Likes

some shots of dried TRAINWRECK umm smelling and smelling no sweetness no fruit no food. the bag is setting just over my right shoulder now and if were to just say what i think im going to say fuel like but not gas i think more along the lines of KEROSENE but not having any of that anywhere near me i can not compare smell for smell but ya that would be a good tag for it.

have a 6 pack going now, thinking of hitting a couple with some very fresh UGORG #1 pollen.

humm could amazing combo …

19 Likes

That would be a combo I’d love to see looked through. Never gotten my hands on any UGORG beans myself. Trainwreck done right can be killer smoke.

2 Likes