Are these autos tiny for day 17?

Wow I have 3 dots now!! Nice!!

2 Likes

The more likes you get the more green dots you get…

2 Likes

Think I’m gonna start a couple of these.

3 Likes

This is the area I’m blessed to be growing in

5 Likes

Give it some time man give it time.

4 Likes

Autos are unpredictable. I’ve had an auto show sex/pistils at 10 days from breaking the surface but still grew to around 3ft. Yielded OK also. Had some not get past the 3rd node and not grow any bigger and ended up culling them. Root growth is usually the issue. Once roots come to a stop is when autos tend to flower. A decent 'loose" soil with coco mixed I’m so that the roots don’t struggle with usually helps.

4 Likes

that cdlc was the first and only auto i’ve grown and it stayed real short and compact pretty much the whole grow, but i did like they say i put it in the big pot i wanted to finsish in as sooon as it poped up, and it was the cloth pot which was a first for me as well, but i was more than pleased with the 8.5 oz’s that she produced and turned some of the prettiest colors ever when finishing.
i dont know if i got lucky or what but it was the easiest thing to grow, i had 0 problems except the power being off for 2 days which she took in stride.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you,you’ve gotten plenty of advice but I’ll add my 2 cents autos can be tricky they are on the clock from the minute they break ground and under the best conditions there size can be limited but any and all stresses greatly reduce there size I’m not sure what stress they endured and it can be any to much light too little heat too much water not enough pests nute burn anyway they will do just what yours did not veg at all and start flowering when there 3 inches tall I deal with what I call fast autos 10 to 12 weeks seed to harvest its what I grow and what I breed for usually they’ll start preflowering by week 4 so by week 6 or 7 there done growing size wise so those first 6 weeks or so are crucial don’t give up try again and I hope you have better luck next grow have a great day

Bliss

4 Likes

Ya these are about 4 weeks. Thank you for your knowledge. :grin:

They seem to be picking up a little steam

6 Likes

best way to check if you are watering properly or not is to lift up the container & plant. if it is light weight you are not watering properly and or not getting the soil wet enough. easy- pee-z way to check. some soilless mixes are hydrophobic if you let them to dry out too much. they will not absorb the water. it just passes thru and runs off. if that is the case a wetting agent like aloe vera powder mixed into the water helps to get the soil wet and the roots like it to. win -win. usually once the autos get going they just go. best of luck to you.

2 Likes

I do the lift/weight methods for watering. Probably don’t have it down well enough tho. Also someone else recommended bottom watering which I tried a little on the photos but I didn’t feel they pulled up enough water. These are about ready for some water and I’ll soak them really good a after they wake up. They go to sleep In about 2 hours.

1 Like

I may be under watering a little too much when the plants are young. I’ve always tried to make sure it is almost completely dry and light with the idea that the roots will chase the moisture, without letting them get droopy our showing signs of needing water. Also the fungus gnats are super annoying and love the moisture so i try to let the top dry out

1 Like

Bro your in fabric pots. It’s near on impossible to over water in fabric pots as when you add to much water it just automatically runs out the sides. Honestly feed them more. :v:
Edit -
A copy and paste -
Fabric pots are permeable, meaning that water and air can pass into and out of the container. When water enters from the top, it permeates the soil and transpires from the sides of the pot. Excess water that reaches the bottom flows through the fabric and exits the vessel

2 Likes

go ahead and soak them down until they get heavyish so you know what if feels like when the soil is wet. then use that as your guide. when it starts getting light again it time to water. get the yellow sticky traps or the house fly tape things to trap them gnats on. only the males fly and they will get trapped. once trapped no more breeding end of gnats. you will be amazed how many you trap. some autos are sensitive to nutes and will get stunted if given too much to soon. keep at it you will get it down.

4 Likes

Ok I soaked them down good. Ill keep them a wetter.

2 Likes

A lot of ground already covered here, but tossing my $.02 in as well.

1. Fabric pots. Notorious for drying out, especially if you have fans running. I did 7gal fabric pots 2yrs ago and swore I’d never use them again, at least not outside. I was watering twice and sometimes 3 times a day. If I were going to use them again, I would wrap the vertical portion with plastic to cut down on the evaporation.

2. Watering. Yes, getting the feel for the weight is a great approach, BUT…remember that as the plant grows, it weighs more (I know, DUH, right?) but it can be a factor.
    I bought moisture meters, and took all of the guess work out of it. I have TOO MANY plants :rofl: , so every morning I just grab my meter and probe every plant. Everything that comes up dry gets watered and placed in the back, plants in back are moved forward, cuz if they didn’t need it today, they’ll need water tomorrow.

3. Size. This is my first time growing autos as well. I’m experiencing the same thing regarding size. Imagine my surprise the other morning when I discovered “balls” on two of my autos that were less than 6" high. They are just finally starting to get their legs under them and grow more, but they are TINY, except for one strain, Blueberry Kush (Thanks @Alaskagrown !), which are just as big as my photos.
    As someone else mentioned, LIFTA :rofl:

Great grow, good luck!

Lob

3 Likes

Ya I just received my fly paper thingies yesterday and there are already a dozen on there.

1 Like

LITFA won’t help if it’s under watered. If anything it needs more attention with watering.
That’s my only issue with what you posted :v::+1:

1 Like

I tried to cover that in #2 , but yes…they need water, and the right amount of water.

Lob

2 Likes