Astroraver's "Eastside OG" Grow Journal 2024

So quick return info… I am a return old-school “Overgrower” way back from early 2000’s (hence the decision to keep my username from 2 decades ago! (Brief background on me; my family owned a garden center since in St Paul Oregon since before i was born in which we grew trees, shrubs & plants hardy to the MN weather; mostly zone 4&5. We would grow our own, ship our own, to re-sell in our retail nursery here in Minnesota. I ran the 10 acer nursey in Oregon from 2002 to 2008 or so before returning to Mn where i continued to work in the small 3 acre nursery here. In late 2014 our family decided to sell both locations & the business after my dad turned 72 & retired and none of us 3 sons wanted to take it all on! Mind you we werent into the “ganja business”; it wasnt until 2002 or so when as it happens i used the knowledge i had grown up in to start learnkng the cannabis hobby! As it happens, it was right here on the ORIGINAL OVERGROW that learned the craft of growing the good green! I have mostly always stuck to indoor growing…Thats probably more than enough on my past history!

To more recent times…I just recently started growing again since my home state legalized growing this past August '23. I had to take a break when I started breeding human clones to accommodate Minnesotas state laws! I’m so happy to have gotten back into it legally (for the most part anyway, the #s/limits are a bit in the grayscale…but no longer red!) This will be my 1st full grow journal for a single strain. I am however into my 2nd full grow upon my return here. It’s taken a bit to build my equipment inventory back up, as well as switching over to LED since back in my early days all we had was CFL, hps, mh etc. I sure do love the new benefits to led; although I haven’t completely deserted all of my hps setups. So far I’ve been growing “Blueberry Kush” (“cultivated homegrow” feminized purchased locally from from a smoke shop), as well as Purple Queen Auto, Northern Lights Auto & OG Kush Feninized which all came from RQS (Royal Queen Seeds out of Oregon). Despite some of the not so favorable reviews from RQS as far as germination %, i had 100% so far with every seed since my return to growing! Fingers crossed Anyhow I’ll just post a couple pics here of one of my current tents that as I write this the lights are on! However my main topic for this thread will be on a SINGLE BAG SEED which I got from a buddy. He found this 1 seed in an entire QP & it seems to be his favorite strain as of recent & he’s quite the connoisseur of the herb! The first photo of this post would be a snapshot he sent me this morning of I believe a sample of what where he discovered the seed. The rest of the photos like I mentioned are just one of my side project tents that I’m currently working on (was only tent with lights on at this moment!) I haven’t tried growing using a bag seed in at least 2 decades… but i told him I’d give it a shot.

So probably a bit long on an intro to my first real & hopefully complete journal upon returning but here we go!!

123_1(4)|438x500
(Pic of Eastside OG that the single bag seed came from)

(Photos from my "experimental/“emergency room tent”…as you can see there are a couple in there are recovering from a couple different issues but they are on their way back!)

More to come with day 1 starting with germination of the Eastside OG! Thanks all

11 Likes

Minnesota must have some crazy laws. Tell us more about the human clone breeding program? :wink: :+1:

Looking good in there!

4 Likes

Lol thanks. Ya minnesota has gone off the deep end upon my return :upside_down_face:

1 Like

02.24.2024 - Day 1 (Germination begins):

Using “cup o’ water” method to start germination of the single bag seed…

1 Like

02.26.2024 - Day 3 (Successful Germination)

Radicle emerged early this morning if you can see from photo.

I did just get word that my buddy found a 2nd bag seed which im hoping to pickup today to add to this journal. (I was a little bit stressing over his expectations of a single bag seed!) Now I will have 2! Should be able to sleep easier lol!!

Nice! East SideR is a great strain! Held pretty tight too, hope this turns out epic! I’m down for the show, welcome back to OG my friend

1 Like

Hey! Welcome back to OG!

There a thread specifically for original members who have found their way back. You might want to pop in there. Someone might recognize you and say hi.

1 Like

Hey firehead, thanks. I’m still trying to re-navigate around this new site setup. I’m so happy I typed in overgrow.com again a month or 2 ago & was so pleasantly shocked when I saw that it came back online! Was a sad day when it was taken down back in the day. Hopefully, now with the new “climate” & the continued direction it seems to be going that overgrow will be around for a long long time! Thanks for the welcome back!

1 Like

Ya I figure if I can get it to turn anywhere close to this in which he found the bag seed from…should be considered a success!

3 Likes

Damn ! That’s a damn fine example! Nice

2 Likes

Updated photos. Day 12 for seed 1 of 2 & day 10 for seed 2 of 2 of the Eastside OG bag seed grow (day 1 for each was actual day 1 for each of germ start)… apparently there is a 3rd seed coming my way which I will include in this journal. I’m really hoping to end up with a boy and a girl so I can expand and possibly do some crossing! I’m actually a little surprised that both popped with jaggeds so quickly from bag seed. It’s literally been more than 2 decades since I have spent time playing with bag seed and at that point I was just starting to learn the ganja hobby! Both actually look pretty healthy for now. Fingers crossed!! More to come.

20240307_073256|375x500 20240307_073513|375x500