Audrey III and Photo double grow

Yeah it’s time. LITFA was not an option in the small pot. She had a very bad time in there.

Though this week has been a lot of it until recently. I’d do something and come back to the tent after about 2-3 days. The last few days I’ve been home, so I had time to do things around the house.

She’s improved a lot since the transplant. The rest of the tent got water yesterday, but she was still drinking. She’s looking better today, but I’m going to wait on water for her RN. She is on mostly dry soil beneath her so any water I added that spread around is all she got post transplant so far. She’s raising her leaves back up more again, but in general her lowers are her main focus this week. They’re starting to poke out of the top of the canopy now trying to shine with the rest. Nice thick stems too :ok_hand:

The lower leaves that came in contact with the wet soil are faded, but otherwise she doesn’t seem that stunted as she’s still working on growth without stopping yet. She’s tossing out pistils everywhere now too, so she’s officially in full preflower-flower mode now. I tucked some leaves behind others to expose the lowers better. Otherwise she looks right on track once the soil is crumbly to get another watering.

Post tucking pics

The rest of the tent is doing really well. The lemon balm started training itself :man_shrugging:t3: exposed its own lowers to more light on it’s own. The Tulsi looks like it stretched, but at the same time the stem is thick so IDK there. Honestly just forgetting the 1 day in the tent stunted the Tulsi it looks like. Most of the seedlings really. I might just be overthinking it as the rest aren’t doing the best despite pushing on regardless. My basil from my first tent grow is almost finished seeding itself and then I’ll have another 3 gallon available for the lemon balm to go in. The cilantro/coriander is definitely happy though and is doing the best out of the bunch. It’s getting the same compound growth I love to see in a vigorous seedling.

The peppers are doing really well also. It took them a bit to start pollinating properly and they still lose a pod occasionally, but there are pests outside. Something keeps digging holes in the rootzone of my ghost pepper. :man_facepalming: Somehow it seems to not hurt it so far. Either way the peppers are in full production now and despite everything the peppers don’t seem stressed out too bad. Any bad leaves get replaced the next day helping any anxiety of photosynthesis being halted from these pests. Good thing I chose stubborn plants :joy::grin: if I got another one I’d likely have 2 free pots. The lavender is in the spearmint pot as whatever is outside used to come in here at night and eat the soil in chunks going after roots or something. Whatever the case is it did a number on the peppers at first taking out almost half the rootmass on the surface too​:man_shrugging:t3: they pulled through just fine despite the problems they face.

Yes that’s a bee on my Basil. They love it. That basil is so old now I’m just letting nature run it’s course now. It’s served it’s purpose over the time the tent has been here. The heat is stupid and those leaves are no longer being focused on. They just want to die now

Audrey III is so big now. She seems to want to even out her canopy with her lowers. I still don’t see any stretch yet. Height isn’t changed much at all.

She’s 25 days old now.

1 Like

How close is your light to “Audrey” ? Seems like some very tight node spacing.

1 Like

32" it was all the way up to the top originally. I measure the lights from Audrey III’s canopy specifically. Sorry I’ve been out all day working on getting another job.

I’m not sure why the spacing is so short on her. It seems it got larger as she got bigger and after I lowered them tightened up again, but with the newest height not only Audrey III, but the rest of the tent all had an immediate response to the new distance. I must have lowered them too close and the first time raising showed a positive response, but still a little heat stress and once I saw a mild tip bleaching I raised the lights to the 32" they’re at now from Audrey III. After that later that day I saw the mint grow a lot of new stems, the Tulsi grew 45° leaves again and started growing again too, the Rosie Basil stopped fading to green from the tips(:man_facepalming: they should have been my warning), the lemon balm darkened up and resumed growth again (thinking of it the falling over to expose lowers to light seems like a response to too much light combined with fading color​:man_facepalming:), also the lavender seedling started to grow properly ( it has some kind of burn or something on a set of leaves).

All in all as I typed this out I was able to come up with my likely reason for the tight internodal spacing :man_shrugging:t3: I hear growing seedlings with QB can also do this, but I think it’s most likely too much light and the seedlings grew too close together nodes. The Tulsi is odd though in that the spacing is fairly large between nodes compared to the rest if them. I wonder if it’s supposed to have large spacing or what I did to do that if not now :thinking:

She’s looking very happy today. Always a good thing when I’ve been away for a bit

1 Like

She just wants to overgrow each pot she’s in doesn’t she? :sweat_smile:

Temps dropped to 66f last night, so she got a little stressed out, but so far so good. I decreased the extraction fan again to get the tent 1f higher than the house instead of 2f less🤷🏼‍♂️
The droop was getting worse until I made it warmer in the tent. Today I gave her some water finally as last watering was on Wednesday (21st) right before the growth explosion Thursday (22nd).

Looking good nothing wrong with tight internode growth she will stretch in flower, also as she continues to widen out filling up the pot perfect for lower clearance spaces .

Better short and fat than tall and lanky much easier to handle .

1 Like

I just love how her lowers are catching up to the top evening out the canopy with no training. She has a good light shadow in the middle of the canopy only and the lights aren’t even at full power yet. They’re dimmed to 50% now. They were at 25% of the distance on the dimmer switch. The light in the middle is stuck at 300w with no dimming options :man_shrugging:t3:

She’s gotten a decent size and is almost fully transitioned to flower from preflower already. The buds on top have started to form the fuzzy strawberry look i always love to see :heart_eyes:

She isn’t back to 45° yet, but it’s gotten colder outside and the night temps dropped to 66f 2 nights ago. 72f last night. Lights are on 24 hours a day never turning off. I’m starting a couple of seeds from Zelda’s pack again. One is the older one that didn’t germ before. I figured I’d give it a second shot at life. The 2nd one is a seed I cracked open by accident as I was stupid and forgot to wait for it to warm up before the squeeze test. If either germ awesome, but I’m not wasting a seed if it’s not dead yet. If they sprout that’ll be cool. If not at least I gave them a shot despite my cracking the see when cold. Idk honestly if I killed it or just cracked the shell. If it germs I just cracked the shell and I’ll be happy I accidentally helped the seed sprout, but I won’t be broken up if not. I have more seed to work with to get back in a photo grow again.

I think she’s getting used to the colder conditions well. Hopefully this isn’t a fake out and the weather is on track to get colder on time this year🤷🏼‍♂️

The cilantro/coriander needs some nutrients or a bigger pot soon.

The Basil’s are not doing great and I should probably work on that. The lavender is doing well though.

The mint has come back nicely.

The lemon balm is looking a little sad. I’ll have to get them in new pots soon.

Audrey III is swinging back and forth between 45° and flat out, but now that it’s warming up again she looks much happier than this morning :blush:

1 Like

Nice spread on that girl

1 Like

Always nice to see a plant take full advantage of it’s situation :grin:

1 Like

I gave everyone water on the 26th after noticing that she was thirsty. 128oz/1 gallon water seems to be the magic number of how much to give her. No runoff at all, no dry patches, no droop (well the lowers, but I need to lower the lights soon), and the tips are not curling worse anymore. It does seem like it’s a hair less water than she wants, but just about the number she needs keeping the majority happy.

She’s finally starting to stretch out a bit. Bud production is officially in progress :raised_hands::grin:

The Tulsi I topped as it’s just sad looking like a stick RN and I need to try and promote some bushing out for it. All 3 Rosie Basil I either fimmed or topped in a different way. 1 fim, 1 removal of the main top completely, and the last had only the topmost growth removed leaving the leaves alone. Let’s see what type of topping works for the Rosie Basil :man_shrugging:t3: if I kill 1 or 2 I won’t be heartbroken. The lemon balm I don’t think I have to top at all. It flopped over on its own exposing it’s lowers after it got to a certain size. It’s not dying, so I’m not really too concerned. In the new soil it should be able to do what it wants. Looks like once I get all of my fabric pots dug out of storage I’m getting all of them in them as after the cilantro/coriander transplant I saw it needs to be in fabric or it’ll get rootbound in that tiny pot. The roots grow stupid fast :joy: completely wrapped around with almost no soil visible anymore around them. It’s in the 1 gallon plastic for now as I’ll be needing to find the rest of my pots I apparently lost :man_facepalming: my mother seems to be convinced that cilantro doesn’t like transplants, but I’ve never had issues transplanting them really. Though she does like to prune roots during transplants a lot. I LITFA the roots during any transplant unless I have no other choice but to mess with them to save the plant or it’s mint, though that shit can’t die easily.

1 Like

Nice plants Dee dot dot dot

1 Like

The house got a bit warm as I was baking, but not so hot that the tent suffered. Windows are back open and I have a fan going in the room outside the tent to keep air around the tent from feeling still and stuffy. The outside of the tent should also be kept nice. It helps the temperature stay lower especially now that temps have dropped at night. I lowered the lights to 12" from the canopy and once I get something to do it properly I’ll be training the branches out a bit. Looking at these pics she could make full use of a branching out. If she has another stretch in her the training should help fill out the tent more. With the other plants by the end of flower the canopy should be filled out. I’ll be overwintering my peppers outside once they’re harvested, so after they’re in the tent the canopy will be filled out no matter what I do :man_shrugging:t3: they’re making a lot of peppers and before the rain today I gave them a feeding of big bloom and tiger bloom as pods are still falling off despite some nice color to the leaves. The peppers look a little pale too, so they need a little more phosphorus than the soil has alone​:man_shrugging:t3: the reaper pepper is just making as many as she can. Some of them are not properly positioned and early on they fell off from prying themselves off growing the pepper into the stem below​:man_facepalming:

I topped the Tulsi as it was just growing too stick like and I wanted to promote bushing out. She made a pretty good growth so far.

I fimmed one, topped another, and pinched the last Rosie Basil earlier. They all are growing out new stems all over.

The lemon balm is doing much better after the transplant and after naturally training itself down compared to the little one in the small pot there. If the Basil outside wasn’t taking it’s time to finish it’s seeds I’d have a new pot for it already :man_shrugging:t3:

The mint I trimmed back as it was going into flower and I found out it’s a male​:man_shrugging:t3: the cilantro is doing better, but it has a definite deficiency :thinking: the lavender is just doing great IMO, but IDK lavender growth rates​:man_shrugging:t3:

The peppers are doing great despite some centipedes in the soil​:man_shrugging:t3: the ghost pepper was the only one to have them crawl out today. very little peppers overall TBH :man_shrugging:t3:

IDK if it has something in it’s roots or something, but the reaper pepper had no pest issues in the soil at all. The occasional digging in the surface making golf ball sized holes at worst. The ghost pepper gets deep root killing holes only. The reaper is smaller by comparison, but that’s worked out as it’s not trapped in hell RN :man_shrugging:t3:

The Basil is halfway through Browning the pods. So close to harvest :weary: it feels like it’s taking forever to finish them​:man_shrugging:t3: the seed size they are making is well worth the wait though. The seed it came from was small and I could barely hold one without accidentally dropping it without knowing. The seeds on this are the size of a auto seed from the crystal candy S2 pack from @ReikoX actually. If anyone has tips on basil harvest when you’re growing for seed I’m all ears. She started growing new leaves on a older lower branch that never flowered before and I’ll probably have to prune it off to get her back on finishing making seed. Idk what I should do really though. :man_shrugging:t3:

Temperature is staying stable around 80f now. No stress response so far

1 Like

@ReikoX how did crystal candy s1 handle defoliation? If I can remove the ones close to the soil if like to, but it being an auto I’m trying to not stall it

Can I just ask why do you take up tent space for vegetables bro. The sunlight outside is free get more weed in that tent :rofl:

1 Like