Audrey III and Photo double grow

Companion planting honestly. It helps keep pests away and outside isn’t better for me. Anything I leave outside gets eaten and dies. The basil was too far into development to die from what it went through. I have plenty of veggies outside already. My family has a huge garden. problem being my plants don’t get the same IPM as theirs and I get all the pests. Basically anything I plant has to be anti rodent and anti bird. Not reasonable honestly. I get nice growth outside, but sadly something always eats my outdoor garden to death. I had to raise my peppers on top of the soil bin outside to keep what was digging up roots to stop it. My basil I’m just waiting for it to finish developing seeds and then that’s the last outside plant. I set it out there to get it out of the tent and it did well until the heat came and killed it before pests.

Long story short I prefer indoor grows over the chaos of outside having to watch my plants get eaten constantly by various bugs, squirrels, birds, centipedes, June bugs, yellow jackets, and even spiders🤦‍♂️ my backyard is not low budget friendly at all. Too much pest Management.

I’m also having to grow in secret after this grow :man_shrugging:t3: I throw my veggies in there as an excuse to have the tent running also. My mother loves the cilantro I grow. She can’t get them to smell like I do no matter what she does even out in our backyard :man_shrugging:t3:

So multiple reasons in the end compounded together. I get good favor with my mother helping her forget about my grow. Also giving me an excuse as to why a plant is in there should she go in there at any time.

Once I move out I’ll have no other choice but to use my windowsill or my tent as I’ll have no backyard :man_shrugging:t3: I’m happy with this in the end. The sacred basil, Rosie Basil, my cilantro that stinks up the house for hours after trimming back some, and soon my lavender will all help the overall smell when I go in he tent later. All of the veggies I enjoy and some are perennial in certain conditions I don’t have outdoors also.

She’s progressing nicely. I’ll have to find something around the house to help train her branches out more. Airflow is still good through her, but light is having a hard time getting through the canopy in pictures. No exposure lock, just auto mode and a tungsten light color correction. With my eyes it’s pretty close to daylight with some pink form the UV and the yellow from the Solo QB 120 @MomOnTheRun sent me awhile ago. Thank you again for the care package :grin:

I gave her a mild defoliation as I figured debating on whether it would stress her or not was irrelevant as her leaves touching the soil also stressed her. Once they all came off her lowers started to raise up a little again. I didn’t remove much and she probably didn’t even care. She seems much more happy after I took them off too🤷🏼‍♂️ I guess in some cases it doesn’t cause any negative stress on an auto taking the leaves in constant contact with soil they can’t raise above on their own. Temperature has stayed more stable with the lights at 12" from Audrey III top cola. 15-16" for the canopy below.

1 Like

Yes I’m aware of the fungus gnats. The population seems to be leaving the plants alone at least. Bti traps will be placed in the tent again to poison the population. Next watering will have bti in it as well.

The basil is doing well. The Tulsi I’ll give a drought as I’m seeing what looks like overwatering droop, but those leaves are rigid and not budging at all. Like my lavender I just learned was a drought loving plant I’ll LITFA those 2 until shit happens. Or PUSH patience until shit happens :joy: basically still LITFA :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Dragon blood hash plant and Marauder both sprouted. Looks like they popped yesterday while I was away. I keep them in a cabinet to keep them in a warm dark area. Jelly pie hasn’t popped yet or if it did that’s what that unrecognizable shriveled sprout I pulled out was. I just figured it was the dead cilantro seedling that dried out, died, and got buried in the soil.:man_shrugging:t3: I’ll find out soon what it was.

Audrey III looks especially happy today also. I can still feel moisture on the bottom of the pot, so she won’t need water just yet.

@MomOnTheRun is it just me or is she fading a little? I don’t have much experience with autos, so I’m not sure if this is the normal time when the fade starts🤷🏼‍♂️ she’s 5 weeks old as of Saturday the 31st.

I raised the cob light as high as it can go. I started to notice heat stress symptoms :persevere: she grew too close to the lights while I was away. The QB are 14" from the top cola. 20" from the canopy.

Now the light looks much more evenly spread across the tent and strangely almost immediately after the leaf curl started to relax. It must just be my imagination, but I swear it was a change within minutes after raising them. The side that had the lights down low before I raised all of them evenly was more curled still when I noticed the change.

When I went to check on the soil I did my usual check on bottom and it was fairly dry feeling. I’ll keep an eye on them, but otherwise the plan is to save watering for tomorrow afternoon if needed. Stems are still pretty rigid. I’ll get some training ties soon to get her branches moved away from the center as she’s getting leaves on top of others. With the random rain and high humidity and the few leaves I found with a white fuzz on them I’m worrying about mold now🤦‍♂️ I’ll be doing a full inspection as I acted fast and didn’t have time to pics. Leaves were taken out of the tent and grow room area. I took a few leaves too close to the soil off again. I’m not 100% sure, but she might be low on phosphorus, but with the name crystal candy I’m thinking maybe it’s a strain that has purple stems as the purple stem was through the fingers too not just up to the fingers. My friends plant that showed a similar look is currently making some colorful pistils and if I’m lucky maybe this will too🤷🏼‍♂️ If the color pattern is normal I’ll be interested in seeing a purple plant.

Marauder and DBHP both have opened up their leaves and poked out the first serrated leaves already :grin:
For the moment I keep them organized by keeping DBHP on the left and Marauder on the right. I must have added too much water to the soil before for Marauder :man_shrugging:t3: DBHP looks pretty happy TBH.

The lemon balm responded to the topping really well and they’re both growing the lowers now and in general growth resumed after the same day. Now with a 18/6 light cycle I’m sure all the plants in tbe tent will be much happier. Give them a break to rest. Only Audrey to my knowledge is a day neutral plant🤷🏼‍♂️ I should let the rest sleep honestly.

The Rosie Basil is liking the various topping methods. It seems it doesn’t matter your style of topping/pinching :man_shrugging:t3: it’ll give me plenty of basil to work with once i give it a bigger pot.

The sacred basil/Tulsi is responding extremely well to the topping as well. Growth is all over, but it’s run into nutrient issues :man_shrugging:t3: I guess I should start letting the soil dry out more between watering and watch it. I can always grow a new one if I screw this one over. Very little care information is out there on Tulsi that I can find. Maybe I’m just stupid and can’t search right :man_shrugging:t3:

The lavender is doing really well now and I found out it’s a drought tolerant/loving plant. It seems to have more succulent like leaves, so I guess it makes sense😂

The mint is in flower now no matter how much I prune it back. It just grows flowers from the newest nodes ASAP :man_shrugging:t3: I guess I’ll have a new pot free if it won’t stop​:man_shrugging:t3: unless mint self seeds then I’ll plant a new batch of it from seed next time. I just trimmed back anything I could that looked like new growth that wasn’t obviously leaves. No pics for now. I forgot to take one of it and I need to be up in 5 hours :man_facepalming:

The QB lights are adjusted to be 12" from the top and 16" from the canopy. The COB light is staying put at the top of the tent. The seedlings are 36" from the QB lights

She’s responded extremely well to the pruning of any leaves too close to the soil level. I’m glad I trusted my instincts and took off anything sickly looking or at risk of getting broken down from touching soil too much.

I’m actually seeing her lowers starting to get a 45° position and that’s good to see. I didn’t water yesterday or today. I’ll save that for when she wakes up depending on response, but the soil is pale and pulling from the sides now.

lights just went out and I was able to snap a side angle pic right before.

The rest of the pics are from 2 hours before if it makes any difference :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

My phone bricked, so until I get a new one I’m on a temporary phone.

The picture quality could be better, but for now it’ll do.

5 Likes

I found the white balance setting for my camera in my tent and apparently it’s 9720k to see a natural light in pictures :thinking: I wish my temp phone had better resolution, but it’s better than nothing.

Buds are looking nice and the DBHP and Marauder are doing decent also.

2 Likes

I transplanted the seedlings into a large seedling bag. Payday is Friday and they aren’t waiting for that. The roots just started to poke out of the bottom of the pots. I got them in a breathable container to see if Mike’s Taproot growth can be mimicked😁
I started another 2 seeds from the Platinum glue auto x blue zkittlez pack.

I’ve been very busy with job hunting the last month. In general keeping my mental health in check was priority number 1. S.A.D. is rolling around here and I’ve kept it away this whole time. I’ll need to smoke more often now because one of my jobs just hurts to work😂 just sore all over, but it pays way too good😝 I’ll need to make more edibles and invest in a press when I get the spare cash.

Audrey III is doing well. A little faded, but she also seems to be stopping the fade to a degree in new growth. I turned the fan back on her directly as I keep seeing a fuzzy growth in a leaf occasionally. So far it’s been just a leaf or 2 in one small spot. Usually in the center where less airflow is. I prune off those leaves carefully and remove them in case it’s not a soil microbe growing on the leaf from a speck of dirt or something. It doesn’t spread and takes days to develop into fuzzy growth. Reminds me of PM actually. Crossing my fingers on Audrey not getting mold from all the humidity lately. Her stems have become rigid and difficult to train. I’ll have to do it carefully and gradually.

The lemon balm is growing so strange to me. It’s flopped over every stem to expose lowers and grow them all bigger after that. It seems fairly uncaring about soil getting on its leaves. No roots seem to be growing from the stems in contact with the soil. The one in the small red pot is about doing the same now.

The Tulsi is definitely stressed out, but it was trying to flower and I cut all tops off every stem to hopefully get it to quit it’s shit. It’s growing all stems longer, but I need to give it less water. I’ll start doing the same thing I do for the lavender.

The lavender is just growing out of control now. It’s definitely best to underwater it apparently :thinking: I see a lot of recommendations on the ideal medium being more like a succulent, but it’s doing just fine in soil.

The Rosie basil is in desperate need of a bigger pot before they all end up in flower. I’ll need to train them away from each other too after that. They’re too close together. I’ll have to top it back a couple nodes next topping. I want to promote heavy leaf growth and not early flower.

The cilantro is doing better now also. I’ll get it in a bigger pot again when I can. They handle transplanting just fine. I have no idea what my mother is talking about.

1 Like

Where did you get them little net pots from?
Interesting

1 Like

I got them off Amazon. They don’t break down from uv like jiffy pod mesh does. The ones I’m using are these ones.

Great and Thank you…

1 Like

The ones I start seeds in are twice as tall as a 1 inch pot. 1 inch diameter too. Heads up they dry out crazy fast. They really breathe well. Maybe a little too well, but makes for a hard to waterlog unless you try to seed starting.

1 Like

Looks like it’s powdery mildew on Audrey III :scream:

Does anyone have any tips or am I screwed here?

Neem oil claims to control powdery mildew :thinking: I really don’t want to have to cut her down before she can finish.

I can see PM spots on stems now too. It might be too far progressed and I don’t know how long she has before she’s completely covered as it’s spreading faster by the day.

Food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide,1 part peroxide to 11 parts water add a drop or 2 of liquid dish soap . Spray liberty when lights are out should see improvement overnight repeat if necessary. You can also use a bit of safer soap instead of dish soap if you want.

1 Like

Okay cool. After work tomorrow is the perfect timing too😁 the latest I get home is right at lights out😁 as it was spreading before my eyes I had to do an emergency pruning. I can’t train her in time and as it was starting to reach bud sites I removed the lowest node branches as it was also an excuse to remove the lowers too close to the soil. The suckers were also a issue in general. I’d rather mildly stress her than risk mold spreading to the main colas. I sprayed with neem oil as I had that on hand and last time it delayed this for awhile when I saw it on one leaf and just panic treated noting that I recognized that fuzz type.

1 Like

All in all she looks good now. Time will tell how stressed she gets from the defoliation.

I watered her yesterday with a 2 liter bottle I poked holes in the cap of to create a showerhead spray when squeezed. I added some bloom fertilizer to help her to finish up the next 4-6 weeks she should have left. The soil on top is dry as dirt, but the bottom still has some moisture. She is big enough to last a small drought to let her spread her roots. She’s definitely made a decent amount of bud already, so I’m just excited to see what else she has to grow on those branches. She had about an hour out of the tent to let the neem oil absorb in the tissue properly or dry out. Whatever it’s supposed to do. Either way she went in dry not wet.

4 Likes

Audrey III is looking good and she drank up the water I gave her yesterday already apparently :expressionless: I’ll give her some time to wait on water unless she droops asking for it.

The seedlings soil is drying out so quickly. Lights are out and after they wake up this afternoon I’ll give them some more water.

This one specifically is Definitely making use of the water and the soil is dry down to the bottom center.

This one I can still feel a little moisture in the bottom, so I’ll give it a little more time as it seems they could use it.

The Tulsi is in flower and topping it doesn’t stop it at all. Ah well. I’ll just let it do its thing.

2 Likes

Getting to be that time of year you’ll need to keep your humidity up.

1 Like