Audrey III and Photo double grow

I’m definitely battling it in general, but I have my humidifier collecting dust and when I notice it dropping below 40% Rh in the house it’s time to turn it on again.

1 Like

One of the seeds from Zelda’s pack popped. One more go with the Platinum Glue auto x Blue Zkittlez.

Audrey III is not able to be stopped by defoliation and losing her lowest branches. Perfect :ok_hand::blush: she’s looking like all of the buds are tops :heart_eyes: smells like skunk and chocolate :yum:

DBHP is looking happy and should be able to handle a night drought if they need more water again. I gave the 2 of them water yesterday right after lights off as I had to leave for the day and wasn’t coming back until today, but they look happy to me.

Marauder is looking happy now too. They can use the extra night without water now.

Audrey III is finally asking for water. I gave her water again and noticed she’s suffering hard from PM. I trained her finally and pruned off any offending areas. She doesn’t seem to bothered by me removing chunks at a time when I can’t Litfa anymore. I’ll have to figure out something soon as getting 35% hydrogen peroxide isn’t an option until Friday. Neem should still be okay do you think?

The little ones are all looking good and happy. The smaller one I removed the dome as it was growing with a curve in the stem. Almost right away it straightened up.

The Tulsi is in full flower mode. I may as well let it finish up and I’ll get a new one going later.

She seems happy with the water and the training.
Her fade is definitely getting worse in the middle. I wonder if she’ll show any other colors through fade or just the usual and this isn’t fading, but rapid consumption from a deficiency/lockout. I’ll give it time to show me what it is for certain. Hopefully the airflow will help get her to the finish line, but I’m not sure she’s going to be able to dry safely at this point. Ah well I’ll have an off taste if she can’t make it another 2 weeks. I gave her a neem foliar and now hopefully the extra airflow will help keep it away longer. It might just be time to call it before the rest of the tent gets issues. I’ll give it a few days to see how bad it’s progressed. I’m getting a intake filter when I can afford one. This is exactly why I wanted one. When I’m cleaning the house everything gets kicked up and my allergies confirm that to me every time I find a surprise ragweed pollen spot from a pile of boxes I haven’t cleaned up since last fall and now I now why. Once I kicked that up I’ve been dealing with ragweed pollen since spring now.

1 Like

While it would suck if the application fails edibles are nice, but I can make a tincture again from a fresh harvest. Currently she seems good and no new spots have shown up. Hairs are turning brown, but not to the degree I’d expect to see outside of a foliar during flower.

So far everything looks good. She got thirsty again tonight, so more water it is.

I transplanted all 3 seedlings in 1 gallon dirt pots. I’ll be keeping them in it for a bit to train them. In time they’ll get the 3 7 gallon pots to fill out the tent. The companion plants are doing their job and keeping fungus gnats at Bay in combination with the bti trap by the fan.

When these finish up it should be time to start the 20 gallon grow with @MomOnTheRun. If that’s starting soon the plan is to just keep them in small pots out of the way for the 20 gallon pot. I have plenty more seeds if it’s time soon.

1 Like

For some reason Audrey III was thirsty after I got home yesterday to finish my post.

2 Likes

She’s starting her fade properly finally :smiley: the PM stopped it’s shit and just in time as she’s fattening up her buds and I’m seeing new white hairs still, but it’s a good ratio of orange hairs even if artificially started confusing my eyes. I need her to last another week or so.

DBHP got a little burned on the areas that got soil contact during transplant, but otherwise all new growth looks happy and they seem to like the indirect light spot.

Marauder is looking good as a whole and definitely likes the new spot they’re in. Good distance per node now.

Booberry (Platinum Glue Auto x Blue Zkittlez) is slightly leggy, but not looking sad at all. They seem to like the light level in that spot too.

All in all this grow showed me I should raise the lights up higher next time and lower gradually based on response only.

I just got a scare in the tent :sweat_smile: my Rosie basil was infested with spider mites. Idk what kind as I didn’t waste any time getting it out of the tent ASAP and chucking it outside to dry. If they come back anywhere in the backyard the beneficials will eat them. All I can say to describe them is that they were visible little web makers and they were a shade of tan. No red, orange, black, brown, blue, yellow, violet, or green markers. It’s possible it was actually just spider’s though. No other plants even have a single web anywhere on them. This morning they weren’t there, so they started webbing it in the last 10 hours.

Marauder is doing well. A minor tip burn, but considering how bad I transplanted them I’m shocked she didn’t show any signs of issues until now :sweat_smile:

DBHP is looking really happy on all new growth. The initial burning from soil contact didn’t seem to give it any issues part that so far. The soil might have been too hot for them to handle I guess. Should have used seed starting mix.

Booberry is looking happy today :blush:

She’s making new white hairs again :heart_eyes: seems 10 weeks it is. Hopefully the little fuckers didn’t start spreading yet. I’d really like to not have to spray her down again to get them to fuck off.

2 Likes

I just checked on the tent and no webs or buggers anywhere in sight. Seems I may have gotten them out before they could do any damage to the tent.

I just checked on the Rosie basil again. Still infested, so I gave it a good old water pressure treatment and whether I compost it or bring it back in will depend on what happens next. It was little white/tan mites for sure. Looked like albino baby deer ticks making webs. The population was only to the point where there was a few web strings made, so hopefully this helped. I didn’t see any in the tent looking on and under every leaf.

New white hairs showing up all over today.

Marauder is looking happy at their 32" distance from the lights. Each are at 32" from the lights although indirect.

DBHP is looking happy as a clam RN

Booberry is growing at a decent pace as well. Let’s see how they do once the tent setup is altered after Audrey is out of the tent in 2-4 weeks.

The cilantro is apparently pretty happy in it’s neglected care regimen. The things live off Litfa like lavender :joy:

The Tulsi is just in full flower and IDGAF mode. the one I grew must have been a day neutral seed somehow as topping it didn’t hold back flowering at all. Topping back a node just made it a shorter plant and it went right back into flower. Ah well. I’ll just harvest the seeds and save them for later.

1 Like

My bricked phone just decided to come back suddenly. Now if only my S7 edge would too and i could take higher quality pics than the Nexus 6p ones here.

I have no idea why the leaves look almost like something chewed up holes in them. Strangely both seem to have it in the same areas :man_shrugging:t3: it’s possible the lights could be doing it or even wind burn. My bet is an ant found its way into the tent or something, but IDK. If it keeps growing like that with new holes I’ll have to see if I can’t scope out what the issue is.

It might be watering day when they wake up tomorrow for this one.

2 Likes

Found some PM on a branch. It hadn’t spread past that branch yet. Pruned it off and dealing with it now. It was a very dense cola I removed, so if drying it for smoke wouldn’t work I can just get it ready to tincture and make a new edible soon :grin:

The worst of the offending leaves

The offending cola trimmed free of PM leaves. Nothing was on the buds, but sugar leaves yes. Still unsure if the PM will spread if I dry the branch now. She smells so strong it’s making my nose burn :grin:

The heat ended and the seedlings are a little unhappy to have the environment change and roots wetter than they like at this heat level🤦‍♂️I’m giving them a day to drink up the remainder instead of watering today. Booberry should be big enough now to last a day without water at a 75f average temperature.

Started the Botafumieros seed in a nursery bag and folded it to a 1" pot size. It’s in the jiffy greenhouse in the tent now to germinate in a consistent temperature area. My house is anywhere from 50-90f at any point in the day. At least the tent keeps steady ranges😂

2 Likes

Seems Audrey III is just about finished up with her life. She’s starting to suck the life from her leaves to finish up that last stage without them. Some sugar leaves are drying up though, so Saturday is looking like her last day tops at the rate she develops her growth. Super dense buds though. I can actually squeeze them with some force and there’s no give at all or squish to it. Just a nice solid indica like bud. She’s looking to be foxtailing slightly. The heat the last few days I’m sure were not any help. It’s possible she was just a little dried up from not enough water, but what are the odds really :thinking: I doubt she’s gone through that much water.

It looks like DBHP has nitrogen toxicity :man_facepalming: I haven’t added any nutes. Just water​:thinking: they’re just in promix and Perlite with a cup of rehydrated and fluffed up soil from the Lucky’s :thinking: it was spread over 3 gallons of soil after mixing up. I don’t water until runoff, but maybe I should on them next watering if she doesn’t have new growth recover before they get more water.

I should ease up on the water for Marauder though. They like the mix much better than DBHP does for sure though at least, but they need less water it seems.

Booberry looks to have had a mild root issue, but I’m not seeing new growth showing issues.

It’s been a few days since I put Botafumieros in the soil. The soil was never too wet or too dry. It’s very humid in the greenhouse and no smell of anaerobic soil conditions. Just smells like soil from a bag still.

2 Likes

Harvested Audrey III at 9 weeks exactly. Saturday once lights came back on and I was home I grabbed her and got to work. She must have stayed alive in the bag after harvest :joy: she ate a few more leaves after a day in the bag :thinking:
She stinks to high hell. I came home today to the front door reeking of weed oops LoL :joy: I flipped them around to help them get some oxygen and disperse the force around a bit to prevent them all from getting pressed by the weight of them all. I’ll have to mix them up more often as the bottom ones got a bit flat​:joy: she’s so sticky too.

The branch I decided to dry after taking it off to save the PM from spreading had no issues through the whole dry, but it is a bit airy for sure. It passed the stem snap test and squeeze test to check on drying, so it’s in my jar to cure now. It’s super sticky and I had to be very gentle or the bud would stick to my fingers screwing up my rhythm I had going on.

DBHP is just getting confusing :joy: she’s drinking more than I can give her and she’s drooping and lifeless on bottom. I think I should trim the bottom leaves now anyways. They’re getting too close to the soil and just not contributing anything anyways. I’ll be keeping them in the pots for a bit to get the rootball nice and big. For transplant this time I’ll be getting a bowl of water ready to wash the roots off the soil and let them spread out as they want to in the new pot without any torn roots. I want to see if that method has any merit to it as otherwise I don’t even mess with the rootball and just put the whole 1 gallon in undisturbed. It’s been fine anytime I’ve done that with cilantro/coriander. If I can transplant cilantro the way I do with no transplant shock the water bowl method might be similar I hope.

Marauder is just chilling and only slightly underwatered. The leaves were lifeless like DBHP, but much less severe. I haven’t been home much to check up on the tent the last week, so that’s my bad for not paying attention more.

Booberry looks like they are pretty happy though

The coriander is the happiest plant in the tent :joy:

Unfortunately botafumerios hasn’t popped yet. After a week there’s no smell from the pod other than the smell of soil. Nothing anaerobic :man_shrugging:t3: it wasn’t wet soil, but it wasn’t dry either. I’ll have to dig it out and see what’s up with it. I could possibly try again after letting it dry, but it seems the seed is dead sadly :pensive:

1 Like

I topped DBHP after counting nodes and leaf count. Beautiful red sap.

After a couple of hours I can see they’re still thirsty🤔 leaves are still thin and stems are drooping from the base. I’m trying not to overwater them, but at this point I should just see if they’ll take a drench. I’ll give them the next 6 hours to see if I’m just mistaken or if the droop gets worse. They’re big enough to be thirsty for a day if it isn’t something else. They have 11 finger leaves, so they’re happy despite too much nitrogen in the soil mix. I have to tell people that they can wait if they want my time when it’s around lights on.

Marauder is looking a little short for the node count. I’ll have to work out a new spot in the tent for them.

Booberry looks like they’ll be the happiest one soon🤔

1 Like

Seems they were in fact thirsty as I gave them water at lights on and the life is returning to the leaves. Based on the basil I should get humidity up much higher though as they’re drinking way too fast for my schedule. I’ll have to buy blumats at this rate to have a life away from the tent if I keep them in 1 gallon pots. The soil is still hot, so I’ll keep training them while I can before they need a new pot.

Booberry just looks happy to be here😁

I’ve been watering with 6oz at a time, but today I watered 2x. Once at lights on with 6oz and just now with another 6oz 11 hours later. It’s looking like 2x a day with 6oz might be her ideal once she’s back to life again. More than 6oz last time she didn’t like. I say she as I spotted calyx looking preflowers before topping and a couple below where I topped. Let’s hope my eyes don’t betray me on DBHP.

Marauder is looking good and she’s almost at her ideal water level. Looks like about 10oz at a time is her ideal amount at once.

2 Likes

I apologize if you mentioned it and I missed it, I did search back to see, (as I skimmed the first time thru), but are you feeding the Marauder and DBHP with straight water? I didn’t see any post mentioning nutrients. I am running the Marauder and DBHP as well and are at almost 4 weeks old and the plants are at about 4" to 6" in heighth and just recently up-potted into some homemade 1 gallon containers. I am going less is more with the nutes but am scoping out the pages and posts here to see what others may be running their M’s and DBHP’s at…? Loooking good, tho, sir! Its cool to have seen your set ups evolve into what they are now…Kepp it up…:grin:

1 Like

It’s just tap water from the Ipswich river. That’s all I use. Once they get hungry I’ll have to add something, but I prefer more natural nutrients than synthetic ones. More reliable results. I’ll be using fish fertilizer once they eat the soil barren. Possibly fox farm organic acid loving fertilizer dry amendment mix as it’s a complete mix I don’t have to tweak.

1 Like

Today they finally look better. I’ll have to bottom water from now on. They drank quite a lot of water too.

DBHP looks to be female unless they form clusters

They had a hard time being so thirsty :man_facepalming: now I can let them wait between watering as the daily watering was getting irritating when I need sleep to work where I do. If I fall asleep on the job near the belt I could get hurt or die.

Marauder is very short node distance for my tastes. I’ll see if I can get them in a spot that has a lower PAR

Booberry is looking happy as well.

I topped all of them yesterday. Later today I’ll get training in order and stop dragging my feet. I’ll dig out some options from around the house and get to work once they’re awake.

1 Like

I just trained them on the dark. I used a fan guard to get the pipe cleaners in place. The lowers were growing up so fast. Now they’ll grow in a better pattern for me anyways LoL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Within the 2 hours of lights off when stems were more malleable and all are nice and flat down with no stems snapping or breaking inside. Looks like both Marauder and DBHP are female until clusters form. Preflowers are teardrop shaped. No pistils popped yet. Booberry hasn’t shown preflowers yet, but soon they’ll show them as well.

It’s possible I may have to pull my peppers inside if they don’t finish up this month before the first frost. It’s already getting very cold at night, but that actually seems to be making my reaper peppers finally turn from bright orange to a deeper orange with a shade of red. I took a handful of peppers off the plant to let the rest ripen and see if the ones I have will work with the paper bag method with some ripe ghost peppers I picked last week. I’ve definitely noticed the peppers are not pure reapers though. Some look like reapers and the rest look more like a scorpion peppers or ghost peppers :thinking: strange plant. It’s for sure confused on what pepper it is​:man_facepalming: I got it from a nursery, so I’m not entirely sure of its origin. I know the tags say Chef Jeff’s, so if from seed they may have been a cross pollinated seed from the ghost peppers they have right next to them all the time.

Looking good! I didn’t hurt them or bend the base too far during training. The water I gave them has lasted still until now. It wasn’t a measured amount and I just filled a bowl and let them drink until the soil was no longer dry on top and filled the gaps on the sides. Maybe a little too much time in the water, but I’ll work on that next watering. DBHP is looking a little light around the edges of the leaves​:thinking: first she’s nitrogen toxic and now something else​:man_facepalming: I’ll have to wait it out and see what happens before I treat as in the first place IDK what made DBHP toxic and Marauder a little too high nitrogen with Booberry looking like that :thinking: something is telling me iron or sulfur. I should memorize the chart better.

It’s getting colder than I’d like in the tent RN and now I have to make sure I keep my windows closed after last night. I’ll have to let air in strategically to keep the tent warmer. Otherwise I’ll have to lower the cob light down and I’d like to keep it at the safe distance of max height.

1 Like