šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

Do people genuinely just walk about there with all those big beasties lurking in the woods?

5 Likes

Other growers, I have seen many pots and chicken wire, fertiliser bags out in the sticks over the years while i am scouting for new spots, sometimes kilometres from the nearest trail.

I certailnly couldnt think of a good reason to get out bush unless it was for growing.
some go pig shooting etc though

As for the animals the only thing thats a bit worrying are the snakes and you dont see them much and if you do its the tail end moving into the bushes.
I see pythons much more regular than the bitey ones and they just look at you waiting for you to leave.

11 Likes

Ahh potential rippers coming by then tbh I just would have thought people wouldnā€™t go into the bush all that often with these big nasties all over the place :rofl:

6 Likes

Maybe @Pedro_Bann could capture a couple of those pythons and put them on a leash in the middle of the growā€¦ he could bring them treats when he comes but leave them hungry the rest of the timeā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Pedro_Bann, the dirt here is the same way. If you wait until it drys and warms up it is very hard. It has lots of clay. I dig holes in my yard and fill them with my mix and try and break up the dirt around the hole, too.

Damn, 14FĀŗ here this morning after 80Āŗ on Wed. But, itā€™'s going to 58 and tomorrow 71, so a couple of plants may go back out to finish more flowering. Iā€™ll spy the trichs today to see but all will get chopped except three possibly. 2 for sure will go longer, outside or in. Everything from here on out goes inside for the winter, and Iā€™ll have to do my summer living vicariously through Pedro!

Enjoy your summer, bro!

11 Likes

Hey Pedro

Fingers crossed we get some nice rain this weekend. Should soften up the ground a bit for you. Keep up the great work mate, looking forward to seeing the results

Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

I reckon we got 100mm up this way overnight.

6 Likes

We got some rain last night but not that much. Welcome any rain we do get tho, itā€™s bloody dry all over which isnā€™t good leading into the summer with all th bush fires.
Is your plot in any risky area for the fires?? I certainly hope not as I want to se this grow out to the end, good luck

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

Keep at applying that compost to clay that along with lime will help aggregate that soil into a nice crumbly structure with in a year or so. They wood chips I threw down a couple of years now are decomposing and getting really black

7 Likes

Good idea! The other problem down here is the lack or rain. Man, new compost is still sitting on top of one pileā€¦ just not enough moisture or it to even break down. Iā€™ll have to start inoculating them and watering them, too. I did water and turn one pile, but itā€™s pitiful how much it dries out.

I think what iā€™ll do is pick a spot and work the soil like you said and build my compost on top of those areas. I may be able to get some worms and microbes a better place to survive all year.

5 Likes

Some good stuff Pedro. Lots of hard work. That is a cool charger you set up. Iā€™m sure the ladies loved the 23 hour feeding. :+1:

6 Likes

Ya definitely a dry part of Colorado your in there for sure once ya get that hard clay broken up and crumbly it will get easier whatever you use woods chips, cover crops, compost whatever youā€™ll be amazed on how quickly it can change I challenge you take a square foot of barren soil put like 1ā€ of compost on it keep it moist cover with a piece of cardboard weighted and check the texture like 4 months laterā€¦ of course this will probably next springs but you can start it now I did this in my comfrey beds and every year I put compost and leaves down still ā€¦ just need to work on other areas of the yard

4 Likes

FWIW I think Iv read somewhere that fungal hyphae can push through asphalt ā€¦ take that clay particles and stick it in you pipe! Your no challenge to me CLAY!

5 Likes

Whatā€™s that old sayingā€¦leave nothing but rootballs, take nothing but budsā€¦lolā€¦or something like that.

Might be ā€œleave nothing but footprints, take nothing but picturesā€ā€¦but you get it.

9 Likes

Lolā€¦better yetā€¦

12 Likes

@GMan poor baby! You actually have to water. lol Welcome to my world! and my water billā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

I used the soil sample i had bought home to test the Ph at the patch and done some nutrient tests on it from the kit @Baltimore linked me up with.

The sample is from before I put down any fertiliser and the results are surprising to say the least.

I sorta think Iā€™ve done it wrong, Iā€™m gunna let the water settle overnight and try again. Surely it canā€™t be this good.

17 Likes

Big ass spider guano and decomposed giant snakes make great soil apparently. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I guess the patch is in a relatively safe spot in relation to bushfire, hard to tell.

I really hope I can see the grow to the end too, my expectation on the other hand is pretty low.

9 Likes

I reckon youā€™re kicking arse so far mate. If you stop hogging all the rain and let some down this way, you should be apples.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty neat. How much are they and how many tests per kit?

2 Likes