Authentic Genetics Seed Company

Todd mentions this cool article from back in the day in the interview.

1 Like

Does anyone know how their Granddaddy Purple smokes? Smells? Etc? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Enjoi802 ran out some like last year and made f2s. I think all the reports came back as it is legit and it’s good.

3 Likes

Was there an F2 giveaway? i wonder if anyone has some for trade…been on the waiting list for a while for these.

Here are two original hazes
The first one was earlier to develop. The second one looks to be a special phenotype that has very string bean kind of leaves and is just now STARTING to flower! [Guess I should note they’ve both been growing outdoors since May]

38 Likes

I Had the pleasure of running them. Even had the chance to chat with Mel a few times in the process. As well as him answering questions about his current gear I have running. I tried to document it as good as I could on my thread Mel franks GDP run.
Solid nugs. Great structure that stays even through out. Fruity floral taste and smell. Take a peak at the thread. It’s worth the meandering

10 Likes

Great info. I had no idea there was so much backstory to GDP. Thanks for your detailed grow log!

3 Likes

I see double serrations :grin:

4 Likes

Dark Horse interview. Part 2

6 Likes

I watched a little of ( Dark Horse Live! E75 with @ToddPMcCormick talking Nevil and The Seed Bank) today. Todd i dont know were you get your info from but you have it wrong on a lot of it that is to do with Nevil.

I dont want to come on here and start drama but the truth matters.

You claimed Ben Dronkers payed for Nevil’s Bail in Australia NO WRONG.

Nevil’s sister bailed Nevil out not Ben.

Your met Nevil once and spoke to him for an hour at an event Nevil told me that him self.

Lots of your info seams comes from people that disliked Nevil one being Sam.

A lot of info has been posted by Nevil him self .

Just a sample

I met the Indian to obtain the US NL5 cutting two years after getting the seeds. This was the only NL cutting that I ever got. If I ever sold seeds from this US cut, it wasn’t for long. It was already superseded before it got it.
N.
[Nov 30, 2010]Northern Lights | Page 6 | MrNice

The NL 1-8 were seed lines and most were hybrids. A couple of years after getting the seed, I went to the U.S. to get the U.S. NL5 cutting. It didn’t turn out to be as good or even that similar to my NL5.
N.
questions for Nevil on afghani and kush lines (the other grail!) | Page 7 | MrNice

When I first got the NL varieties, there were 8 types, 1-8.
They came with descriptions, which I published in my catalogue. These descriptions may not correlate with what later developed. The original intention was to purchase seeds from the US NL growers. It didn’t work out and supply dried up. I kept the lines separate and inbred them. NL1 and NL2 stabilised into distinct types and NL5 only produced one unique individual.
NL1 was a full blood Afghan indica. One thick main stem, dark green leaves, modest yield with nuggety buds, a little coarse with good resin production, which when ripe went golden. The high was narcotic. The seeds ranged from tiny to massive. I used to love the big ones. Large fat heavily and darkly mottled seeds. Selecting for these seeds made this Afghan even coarser. It was fun to show people these seeds.
The best line of NL1 actually came from the smaller seeded types, better high and bud structure.
There weren’t many pure indica lines around in those days. Big Bud, Hash Plant and G13 were pure indicas in my estimation, but were cuttings. NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male line I had.( there was Sams Afghani#1, but that was toxic in a bad way) The NL2 was a Kush.
I put the NL1 out there as a pure strain. I wasn’t popular. People would tell me, “give me the pure strains”, but if it cost them 10% of their yield they would complain, well try 50%.
The pure indica hybrids were more popular. NL1 x HP and NL1 x G13 were the best. At least people could use the word pure (very popular). But they were good!

I expect that a lot of people holding what they believe to be pure indicas today, would find, if the truth be known, that the sire line traces back to NL1.
N.
questions for Nevil on afghani and kush lines (the other grail!) | Page 6 | MrNice

10 Likes

@hempy The nl5/haze went into a lot of stuff on the west coast from what I understand as did some of the crosses with the Thai from way up north I’ve always wondered who realy had what , I mean even nevils knowledge of his lines is based on accepting what he was told from who he got them from. Also what was up with his seeds sold as Hindu Kush that were realy a mix of Ortega’s work and not at all a pure Hindu line. That is what led to people thinking the og was half Hindu for so long when the male was realy a mixed up northern lights line.

5 Likes

This is perfect for my " G13 fight me cunt! " thread.

6 Likes

Well holy weed seed fairies, batman! seems I may have agsc Skunk#1 seeds in the collection. Just in time for fall indoor restart. I will have to fully verify the authenticity before I start, of fucking course LOL. What a great memory I had…I’d prefer to run them outside, but if we get a nice plant, I’ll keep her till spring, only fair to give them a shot after following this saga, and actually pm’ing with Mr. McCormick.

8 Likes

How’d they turn out?

4 Likes

Is it me or what but I can’t seem to find any decent smoke reports on AGSeedCo grows here.

Can someone who grew Skunk#1, Original Haze, or other cultivars from AGSeedCo please do a quick smoke report which should include: Aroma, Taste, Effect, and Potency please!

Everyone can talk all day long and show how pretty their plants are but the final product is all that matter.

Edit: The reason why I am asking for smoke reports is that they help a lot of people deciding whether to buy seeds from the seed bank. Obviously, without smoke report, all the pictures and talks don’t mean jack sheesh!.

12 Likes

I ran in the last 18 months or so
O haze
Grape Ape x haze
Ultraviolence x haze
Zkittlez x haze
Blue dream x haze

I found the haze male to be very dominant in regards to potency, flavor,yield.
Everything has a spicy, maybe peppery smell to it. Yields suck.
I honestly didn’t like them. I gave away most of the jars after sampling them a bit.
Great for light smokers. But I have blue dream and I prefer it over these plants.

I did keep one ultraviolence x onhaze but I kept it cause it leaned heavily towards the ultraviolence.

I do think this AG ONhaze could be useful as breeding material for someone.

Didn’t keep notes but happy to try to answer any questions. Hadn’t posted anything here cause I wasn’t trying to hurt anyone’s feelings or get drama going.
Cheers

10 Likes

Thank you for the info! I wouldn’t worry about hurting anyone’s feeling. Handle the truth! :slight_smile:

Please tell more about the O (Original 100% Colombian) Haze, NOT the ON (Original Neville) Haze. How was the aroma, taste, effect and potency?

Is this referring the O Haze?
"I found the haze male to be very dominant in regards to potency, flavor,yield.
Everything has a spicy, maybe peppery smell to it. Yields suck.
I honestly didn’t like them. I gave away most of the jars after sampling them a bit.
Great for light smokers. "

2 Likes

Sorry I’m not better at describing taste and aromas. The 6-8 O Haze females were similar in having a peppery spicy smell and taste. I ran one again cause it had a hint of sassafras which I love but I discarded it after a second try.
Potency was low guessing 10% thc and 1% cbd. Totally a guess though.
Effect i would say similar to weak jack herer or blue dream or tangie.
My mom and some ladies that only partake occasionally took some home.
My headie friends all thought it was “interesting” but only one wanted to take any home to hit again. Most were looking to roll another joint of something else right away.

7 Likes

The early one has a very pungent smell, like hazy soy sauce and lo-mein cheese with some lime. It has a high that is an “almost” kind of thing. It let’s you see the peak, but doesn’t take you there.

The later one never fully finished. I had to cut it at the very end of November due to a hard frost that came through. I tried pollinating it with a Paki, but seeds weren’t finished, so now the buds are seeded, and I don’t have viable seeds lol. The smells were deeper and more incense on that one. With some herbal stuff in there too. Buds are very airy. Very fluffy. No trimming with this one, if you did, there’d be nothing left. It’s a just push off the dried leaves with your thumb kind of deal. Early smoke is good. Even with being cut a bit early, it still get’s me really high for a long time, but it’s the kind of thing you don’t feel until 15 minutes later. Once it hits, it feels like you are revisiting a familiar world that you’ve only known in dreams.

I should add it’s a fast moving thoughts and a completely head type high. Energizing, and thoughtful and no couchlock or draining effects.

I’d grow it again.

Last pics:

19 Likes

@4TDBundy Are you referring to Original Haze? If so, how fast was the early one and what about the one that didn’t finish? How many weeks?

Sounds promising as far as effect goes because Colombian are supposedly mostly cerebral and good as functional weed without burn out.

From my research the OHaze is supposedly good for crossing to something different.

Thanks!

2 Likes