Authentic Genetics Seed Company

Thanks my friend for the info I plan to keep her in the small tent by herself
I do have a habit of pushing the envelope on nutes I’ll keep it low and slow

Ps this is the skunk 1 buds there beautiful

They are the size of my fist and plenty of them

20 Likes

Sweet. Looks great.

1 Like

Got some stuff wet today from the collection of Mel Frank.
(Haze X NL5) X Sensi Star
Super Lemon Haze X Jack f181
GDP X Chemdawg
Chemdawg X GSC

And the other day I got the last of my 96’ skunk1 in soil. Hope those pop.

14 Likes

ooh! man I’ve been waiting for another drop of those haze x nl5 x sensi star from mel frank. that’s where I found my first keeper. Just lost the male I had from that batch due to some other issues but still have the girl. I had two pheno’s pop out in the 4 beans that germed from the 5 I started with. A big baseball budded piney/metallic nl5 leaner with 1-hit knockout smoke potential, and then a spicy haze leaner with long fluffy colas that makes for fantastic wakenbake/all-day smoke, both frosty af.

If you do a journal please tag me! I have F2’s from both pheno’s but down to what I have left to look through on those.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Must give credit, his magazine is a very polished work, too.

1 Like

Todd mentions this cool article from back in the day in the interview.

1 Like

Does anyone know how their Granddaddy Purple smokes? Smells? Etc? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Enjoi802 ran out some like last year and made f2s. I think all the reports came back as it is legit and it’s good.

3 Likes

Was there an F2 giveaway? i wonder if anyone has some for trade…been on the waiting list for a while for these.

Here are two original hazes
The first one was earlier to develop. The second one looks to be a special phenotype that has very string bean kind of leaves and is just now STARTING to flower! [Guess I should note they’ve both been growing outdoors since May]

38 Likes

I Had the pleasure of running them. Even had the chance to chat with Mel a few times in the process. As well as him answering questions about his current gear I have running. I tried to document it as good as I could on my thread Mel franks GDP run.
Solid nugs. Great structure that stays even through out. Fruity floral taste and smell. Take a peak at the thread. It’s worth the meandering

10 Likes

Great info. I had no idea there was so much backstory to GDP. Thanks for your detailed grow log!

3 Likes

I see double serrations :grin:

4 Likes

Dark Horse interview. Part 2

6 Likes

I watched a little of ( Dark Horse Live! E75 with @ToddPMcCormick talking Nevil and The Seed Bank) today. Todd i dont know were you get your info from but you have it wrong on a lot of it that is to do with Nevil.

I dont want to come on here and start drama but the truth matters.

You claimed Ben Dronkers payed for Nevil’s Bail in Australia NO WRONG.

Nevil’s sister bailed Nevil out not Ben.

Your met Nevil once and spoke to him for an hour at an event Nevil told me that him self.

Lots of your info seams comes from people that disliked Nevil one being Sam.

A lot of info has been posted by Nevil him self .

Just a sample

I met the Indian to obtain the US NL5 cutting two years after getting the seeds. This was the only NL cutting that I ever got. If I ever sold seeds from this US cut, it wasn’t for long. It was already superseded before it got it.
N.
[Nov 30, 2010]Northern Lights | Page 6 | MrNice

The NL 1-8 were seed lines and most were hybrids. A couple of years after getting the seed, I went to the U.S. to get the U.S. NL5 cutting. It didn’t turn out to be as good or even that similar to my NL5.
N.
questions for Nevil on afghani and kush lines (the other grail!) | Page 7 | MrNice

When I first got the NL varieties, there were 8 types, 1-8.
They came with descriptions, which I published in my catalogue. These descriptions may not correlate with what later developed. The original intention was to purchase seeds from the US NL growers. It didn’t work out and supply dried up. I kept the lines separate and inbred them. NL1 and NL2 stabilised into distinct types and NL5 only produced one unique individual.
NL1 was a full blood Afghan indica. One thick main stem, dark green leaves, modest yield with nuggety buds, a little coarse with good resin production, which when ripe went golden. The high was narcotic. The seeds ranged from tiny to massive. I used to love the big ones. Large fat heavily and darkly mottled seeds. Selecting for these seeds made this Afghan even coarser. It was fun to show people these seeds.
The best line of NL1 actually came from the smaller seeded types, better high and bud structure.
There weren’t many pure indica lines around in those days. Big Bud, Hash Plant and G13 were pure indicas in my estimation, but were cuttings. NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male line I had.( there was Sams Afghani#1, but that was toxic in a bad way) The NL2 was a Kush.
I put the NL1 out there as a pure strain. I wasn’t popular. People would tell me, “give me the pure strains”, but if it cost them 10% of their yield they would complain, well try 50%.
The pure indica hybrids were more popular. NL1 x HP and NL1 x G13 were the best. At least people could use the word pure (very popular). But they were good!

I expect that a lot of people holding what they believe to be pure indicas today, would find, if the truth be known, that the sire line traces back to NL1.
N.
questions for Nevil on afghani and kush lines (the other grail!) | Page 6 | MrNice

10 Likes

@hempy The nl5/haze went into a lot of stuff on the west coast from what I understand as did some of the crosses with the Thai from way up north I’ve always wondered who realy had what , I mean even nevils knowledge of his lines is based on accepting what he was told from who he got them from. Also what was up with his seeds sold as Hindu Kush that were realy a mix of Ortega’s work and not at all a pure Hindu line. That is what led to people thinking the og was half Hindu for so long when the male was realy a mixed up northern lights line.

5 Likes

This is perfect for my " G13 fight me cunt! " thread.

6 Likes

Well holy weed seed fairies, batman! seems I may have agsc Skunk#1 seeds in the collection. Just in time for fall indoor restart. I will have to fully verify the authenticity before I start, of fucking course LOL. What a great memory I had…I’d prefer to run them outside, but if we get a nice plant, I’ll keep her till spring, only fair to give them a shot after following this saga, and actually pm’ing with Mr. McCormick.

8 Likes

How’d they turn out?

4 Likes