Authentic Genetics Seed Company

did you read anything I just posted? Purest Indica IS NL, not pre nl. It is Northern Lites, no number, no “lights”, from Greg’s own mouth. It is Steve Murphy’s seed line. Same thing Greg sent to Nevil as Northern Lites. Nevil took that and BRED Northern Lights #1 using it and his pre-russian invasion Mazar-I-Shariff.

Everything after that is debatable. Nevil’s NL2 and NL5 are nothing like what Todd is currently selling.

10 Likes

Man, great point, and odd f*ckery with the re-write. Most of the world would be more familiar with what Neville did so to rename his work seems off for sure. Also, your comments really make me want to grow AG NL2 next to Deep Ellum’s NL2 since DE’s is supposed to be from the Seed Bank. I’ll add that to the list of projects. As another fine member told me….gonna need more tents!

3 Likes

This is what I have come to believe in my internet armchair research, however I was under the assumption that the Afghan (Mazar?) that was used to make the NL1 came from Nevil, as in the NL crew ordered seeds from the seed bank and then got in touch with Nevil and the rest is history. This part has always been a bit confusing for me to understand. I appreciate the conversation and discussion hoping to learn more. Much love

2 Likes

Supposedly Greg and Steve wanted the Dutch fertilizer recipes and Nevil wanted genetics. It was a good trade for both. I never heard anything about Steve ordering seeds from the seed bank except for the ones that got sent back as a gift from Nevil.

2 Likes

I thought they traded Ben and Kees at Sensi for the nutrient recipe? Much love

Edit to say, not traded but as a thanks and token of appreciation they sent them the seeds for the nutrient recipe. From MNS a quote from NL Seattle Greg:

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy. The higher the number meant more sativa in the 11 packets of seed I mailed to Nevil. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

3 Likes

@Cbizzle

Not telling here, just saying, but I think you’re gonna find a lot of similarity between AG’s nl2 and DE’s NL2. And not so much like The Seed Bank’s NL2.

3 Likes

Bodhi pulled out afghan and thai lines from his NL2.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s right… I was getting it mixed up! Greg got the fertilizer after he stopped dealing with Nevil. It sounds like they just sent Nevil seeds to be nice and didn’t expect anything in return. But once Nevil realized how good it was, he started buying seeds from other people in the Seattle crew. And that was part of the reason for Nevil’s falling out with Greg. The only strain Greg talks about getting from Nevil besides the NL crosses was Mazar Sharif Afghani that was used to make NL#1

3 Likes

I grew a Pink Floyd plant and it was a great smoke. Decent all the way around. Here’s a pic

12 Likes

I think I got them through a trade with @Oldjoints. It was a while ago though!

1 Like

Yes, my Pink Floyd is good also, I probably cut it a bit early about 9 weeks with led. But have clones growing right now. Mine had thin stem. Was from a twin seed… Male and female from the same seed. Keeping male to cross in future.
Other fems that I have growing right now from Mr.Nice are Mango Widow and Critical skunk… Still growing.

4 Likes

Nice!!! I have La Niña and the doors sitting in the fridge. Haven’t gotten around to them just yet.

3 Likes

Wow! That string bean Haze pheno is super cool!

2 Likes

Exactly.
the indica parent line of the numbered northern lights lines is referred to locally as “northern lites,” “pacific northwest northern lights” or “northern lights indica” to indicate that it was the original pure indica version, not one of the numbered dutch hybrid outcrosses like nl2, nl5, etc.

The original pure indica northern lights from washington still shows up occasionally. I grew it from clone in 2018, sourced from a rural black market op that had been in continuous operation since the mid 80s still running the same cuts.

12 Likes

The Josh D OG cut has been shown to be very similar in terpene profile to Purest Indica. It is likely the backbone of all the West Coast OGs and probably plenty of other strains as well.

4 Likes

Except we know Josh D’s OG Cut came from the Emerald Triangle x Nevil’s Hindu Kush, same as the TK.

5 Likes

Analysis results speak a lot more to me than someone’s decades old recollection. Or Todd’s OG Kush cut is bunk. I dunno. That whole Florida to California thing is a little questionable also… To me anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve been impressed with Todd’s stuff so far.

One of my OHxONH is fantastic, even if a little weird smelling.

And his NL2 is one of my all time favs. Amazing high! I plan on doing a seed repro of this one over the winter.

I just ordered his OG Haze x NL2 :crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

Has anyone found a real skunk out of his stock yet? Would love to find some,just thought I’d wait it out, after so many claims of it over the years

1 Like

real skunk or road kill skunk?

2 Likes