Authentic Genetics Seed Company

I grew the original haze and it had mostly NLD. One plant I had was a dwarf compared to the rest it had a medium sized leaf structure. Smelled like cedar pine and sandal wood. Some people have told me that you would never find that in original haze, others said you can find these types of plants. The dwarf plant was grown again from clone and it had amazing structure, by far the stinkiest, only tripled in height compared to stretching 4, 5x and finished way faster, like 4 weeks faster at 12 or 13 weeks it was finished compared to the others at 16-17 weeks. The long flowering ones had some nice smells but I didnā€™t like anything as much as the stalky plant. Iā€™ve hit the one I kept with pollen from a few different donors and so far all the progeny have all taken after the mom big time. Huge central colas and pine, cedar and sandalwood type smells. Ide say itā€™s worth while to grow out.

15 Likes

Flowered these Original haze from seed in 1 gallon pots. The plant in the top pic was the dwarf. Finished at 20 inches while the others were 3-4.5 feet. Had a couple very feral plants not pictured and 4 males, used the pollen from all the males on the dwarf to make some repro for myself.

34 Likes

Well they come from Skunkman, whoā€™s the guy that gave Haze to everyone who has/had it. Nevil, Seedsman, Positronics, all came from Skunkmanā€™s supply. People donā€™t like him much. Honestly, I donā€™t see why, other than rumors he was an undercover agent, and that he seems to change his story on the origin of Haze. He may have crossed it out, but if it is a cross, itā€™s still very Haze dominant, if not pure. Iā€™ve grown a bunch, and they are consistently the most NLD plants in the garden. I have a supposed pure Cambodian heirloom that originates from Vietnam, but grown in South Cambodia for years, and two supposed pure Colombian strains going right now, about 20 plants between the bunch, and the Haze still has narrower leaves than any of them. Iā€™ve had some that were very heady and long lasting, and others that werenā€™t much. That said, almost all the oneā€™s Iā€™ve grown were from the original batch from years ago, so I donā€™t know if Todd messed up any newer seeds or not. I donā€™t attack providers or make speculations without evidence. Itā€™s a good enough price to where you can give em a shotā€¦ or donā€™tā€¦ if not, Tom Hill Haze is still available on Seedbayā€¦ AG, THH (aka Positronics Haze), or something out of Mr. Nice are probably the closest thing youā€™ll find to true Original Haze.

14 Likes

Thank you, that is very helpful.

4 Likes

Fantastic input on the Oā€™Haze. I do like what I see there. Great work.

5 Likes

If Greg said he didnā€™t give Neville the purest indica, it could mean that Neville sent him his Afghan line in seed form first in the mail. Greg grew them out and crossed with Steveā€™s indica. I would imagine Steve wouldnā€™t have wanted Greg to give it all away, but a hybrid is not. Now, did he just send seeds to Neville and then Neville selected #1, #5? I am confused on the Hawaiian genetics and then Ortega with #5 and #2. That doesnā€™t seem to match up with Gregā€™s ā€œIndica to Sativa selectionā€ story.

I can see why people are confused. I still am. :joy:

6 Likes

I think Toddā€™s genetics are legit and he seems to be a stand up guy.

10 Likes

I do too. Iā€™ve been happy with everything Iā€™ve bought from him for years now. He always provides source material to back up his claims (when available) when you ask him directly. Heā€™s been involved with the cannabis freedom movement for decades. Went to prison for years rather than roll over on people.

17 Likes

Iā€™m about the same age as Todd. Started growing about the same time too.
His life story is pretty cool.

I remember smoking skunk #1 back in the day around November for about 3 years straight. My buddy would get about 2 lbs.
$25 qt. 10 gram bag. Usually just one bud across the bag.
Killer stuff.
The 1st time I ever seen someone throw up after smoking. Was this stuff.
So canā€™t wait to grow out the skunk #1

6 Likes

Was it sweet? Like candy?

2 Likes

Kinda citrus to it.
Thatā€™s been 30 + yrs I can almost still see it and remember the smell.
Skunk but not roadkill.

6 Likes

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone tried ACE Old Timers Haze?

1 Like

I remember around 85 my coworker got a 1/4 pound of some RKS Stunk up his car for weeks after getting rid of.
Pure roadkill. $50 per 1/4 !
That was big money back then.

When everything else was $20 or $25 tops.
Well it looked nice smelled killer and tasted great. But you couldnā€™t get a buzz from it.
No shit.
So I went back to the guy I got it from who was selling 3 other kinds of bud also.
I ask him was anyone else complaining about not getting high from this weed?

He reaches over into a bedside table and pulls out a 38 snub pistol.
And ask if I had any complaints.
I was only a kid maybe 16 or 17 yrs old.
I said no and left.

I always kept that in the back of my head from then on out.
Looks ,smell donā€™t mean shit. I mean it sparkled but was worthless.

11 Likes

I wouldā€™ve hit a lick on an old asshole like that in a heartbeat after that. Haha Sorry you had to deal with a prick.

2 Likes

Me too, I would have broke him from pulling a gun and not instantly pulling the trigger! I would have returned with a 12 gauge

4 Likes

Lots of weed gangsters up in hereā€¦ I love it. Haha
I just got an email from Todd about how he was the neighborhood dealer back in the day. Itā€™s fair to say most of us disregarded some laws in the past and have a very different viewpoint on things than your average person! Then thereā€™s the realization that you canā€™t call the cops to help like everyone else does. So yeah I totally understand

7 Likes

No gangsta with me or my comment, but in my little corner of the world itā€™s bad policy to pull a gun on someone and not use it. Guns are for defense.

8 Likes

Just sowed 10 seeds of Toddā€™s NL2 beans. 8/10 showed 2mm tails after a 48 hour soak. Theyā€™re in peat pellets now.

Hoping to find a nice keeper female and maybe even a male. After reading a few of the grow reports on these Iā€™m more optimistic that Iā€™ll find something good. Not planning to f2 these, but if I find a nice male and female maybe I will.

Will post pics later if anything stands out.

18 Likes

Will be watching. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some of Toddā€™s goods.

8 Likes

I may have read your post wrong? But 10 seeds for 125 is 1.25 a seed

On another note I did cop his purest indica and sk1

Was very happy with pi, waiting on the sk1. Most of the sk1 are far from skunk. But about 3 out of 10 maybe skunky

mm

1 Like