Authentic Genetics Seed Company

Is it a male?

1 Like

It was! :space_invader:

1 Like

Males tend to auto-flower when root bound in my experience.

4 Likes

I find it’s genetic and not necessarily male or female specific. It’s usually a cull trait for me. I cull anything that does that as it can’t (easily) be kept long-term.

Some lines auto-flower as soon the root hits the bottom. A lot of autos do this, or they did. It’s been a few years since I messed with auto’s.
Some lines auto-flower only when they get completely root bound. This is more common in photos and is a stress response.
I’ve even seen variation in a single pack of beans, where only some flower due to that and other’s don’t…

Other, more stable lines, don’t do it at all and will stay in veg regardless. These are the one’s I look for. Especially in males. It’s a lot harder to find in male’s than females imo.

5 Likes

How’d your friend make out with Todd’s NL5?

2 Likes

Anyone grab the recent Congolese releases via Mel Frank?

5 Likes

Here’s NL#2, plant #3 at 28 days of flower:

pretty boring looking atm, especially compared to other genetics in the same environment. Not looking that promising tbh.

12 Likes

I would be dubious about landraces with Mel Frank given what was done with the so-called Durban

4 Likes

Ag NL#2

32 Likes

I just popped some AK bean brains NL5 x NL1.
I have some AG NL5 arriving next week and will do a side by side grow. Should be a fun comparison.

17 Likes

Ask no questions…hear no lies

mm

1 Like

looks fantastic man!

2 Likes

Thanks , may you find what you seek.

3 Likes

Grew that durban and it was some of the worst weed I’ve grown in years. So bad

5 Likes

AKBB and AG grow show has begun
The AK seeds are much lighter in color and don’t look completely mature while the AG seeds look mature.

24 Likes

Fuck yeah. Can’t wait to see what you get!

I do want to give a heads up, someone on RIU had a hermie issue with ALBB NL2. He messaged Dave and Dave believes he got his packs messed up and made good by sending some freebies.

I have had zero issues with akbb gear (outside of fucking up germination, which was MOST LIKELY my fault, and he still sent freebies even though i ordered from JBC) and I’ve never heard of someone having this issue before or since, I just figured it’s worth mentioning.

6 Likes

I already tried to germinate 5 of these AK NL and only two came up. The AK seeds look pale and immature so I started another 4 today along with 5 AG seeds. I’ll keep you posted on the germination rates. This is my first time growing either of these two breeders gear.

5 Likes

Heh, that happened to a buddy of mine too. Different strains from Dave tho. Wonder if it was just during a specific period of time :thinking:

Regardless, this should be an interesting grow to see!

3 Likes

I grew out the Great southern trendkill skunk a couple years ago and found a plant that smelled like the dirtiest cheese feet and hockey equipment, probably the nastiest smelling weed I’ve ever had but it wasn’t in a good way. I like nasty terps but it was too spot on for old sweaty socks and dirty hockey equipment that I couldn’t get passed it. The Macanuska will get popped eventually.

13 Likes

Whoops! Wrong thread. Read this as Akbean lololol. I’ll go smoke another one haha

7 Likes