Authentic Genetics Seed Company

Is Appalachian Super Skunk the same as NL2?

2 Likes

Good call both of you (and @Dope_Heffalump ) I realized when both of you mentioned this to recheck my uploads and sure enough this was the Appalachian Super Skunk (by Bodhi, completely different strain and unrelated to NL2). I uploaded an older pic and named it incorrectly. Now you know the weed works!

Here’s the REAL NL2 at 65 days:

She’s smelling more like a sharpie today, no garbage truck smells.

*Update - after chopping and drying out about 3 grams (dry weight) and put in a jar, the smells are like a cucumber. Very mild and only a hint of sweet. Refreshing. No-cure bud has a similar inhale taste and not heavy. After a small (4mm radius piece) nug in a bowl I had a nice cloudy around the edges of my vision type of high with a small amount of euphoria, I decided I wanted more of that please, and loaded another small nug. The high kept getting stronger and I have to say it’s a very nice euphoric type high, with the cloudy peripheral vision it makes it fun with no couch lock. I liked the strength component where it’s not too strong and you can kind of keep going with it. I’m impressed by the high and it definitely exceeded my expectations and I believe it to be authentic real deal stuff. Todd is the man!

28 Likes

A couple of the NL 2 phenos from last year.

39 Likes

Anyone have any Purest Indica F2’s they’d be down to do some trading for?

6 Likes

I am also interested in trade for some Pure Indica f2 :pray:

2 Likes

looks nice. i just grabbed a 50 for 100 pack of the Purest Indicas. Next buy will probably be the 50 for 100 NL2 deal lol.

What do they smell like?

7 Likes

Not sure they can be categorized as an F2.They’re and IBL from the source so no clue what f gen they are. I’ll be making some in a few months, just started to flower. He’s got a 50 bean sale for 100 dollars right now which pretty much is a steal https://agseedco.com/en-ca/collections/sale-items/products/purest-indica-special-offer-33-seeds-for-100

3 Likes

The smells on these ranged from some hot garbage mixed with a floral smell, some were more lemon smelling, like hints of og kush, a couple with very mellow smells that I can only describe as “weedy”. There was also very earthy and musky one, almost like body odour.

9 Likes

I’m really happy I stumbled onto this thread. I never knew this breeder existed until now. Some very interesting stuff! It brings me back to my youth when I first started growing…

I’ve tried a number of different northern lights strains in more recent years (say the last 10 or so) including sensi’s (but I only ran 1 pack) and wasn’t overly impressed. Authentic’s NL looks more like what I was after! I’m going to have to give some of his stuff in that NL line a try, and maybe the skunk line too.
I grew the skunk #1 for years. So easy to grow. But it was never my favorite high or taste/smell (the fruity skunk). I’m interested in the acrid skunk though!

The haze looks really interesting too but I can’t smoke that stuff anymore.

9 Likes

Purest indica fans

Original haze reproduction female throwing down saw blades.

Just put into flower 10-11 days ago. Flower pics incoming

43 Likes

i hate the packaging this company uses. i went to open the pack to start some seeds (from a pack of 50x NL5 IBL) and i couldn’t figure out how to open it. i messed up and somehow opened it while i was struggling to do so. the seeds went flying everywhere. luckily i recovered 48 or 49 of them. i still can’t figure out how to open the packaging. maybe i’m an idiot but either way i think they could use better packaging. did anyone else have this issue or am i alone on this?

7 Likes

glad you were able to recover all but two @anonymous4289
curious now on what he uses for packaging :thinking:

3 Likes

Ive only bought the seeds that come in ten packs in round plastic coin protectors and havent had anu issues. What do the 50 seed packs come in?

2 Likes

i could be wrong but i think they come in the same plastic circle. i don’t know what i did wrong. i had a hard time opening it, maybe because my fingernails are too short. i must have done something wrong as there was no damn way i can get the thing open again.

3 Likes

Those you mean? I’ve had no issue with opening those. If you would have looked sideways, there’s a little gap. I really like the packaging.

18 Likes

yeah. i guess i missed that gap.

4 Likes

Good to hear you didn’t lose many but for those types of packaging my advice would be to open it over a medium bowl or just a Tupperware

Really anything you have on hand so even if you open it a bit quickly or too rough a lot of seeds would be caught by the bowl or whatever you use

7 Likes

went 8/8 on my nl5 germing.

8 Likes

@ToddMcC . I write this in the hopes that you may stumble across it. I realize that this is a reply to an old post that you made but I felt compelled to write to you. I was very impressed by your story. You and I are the same age and it seems that we had very similar childhoods except that I did not have cancer. I dont want to bore you with my story but I was a “pot farmer” in appalachia during my life and I have seen the inside of many a jail house as have you. Also, I now live and grew up 35 miles from Athens, Ohio and am very aware of Don Wirtshafter and all the great things he has done for our cause. He is a “prince among men.” I remember reading about all of your trials and tribulations over the years and the fact that you have been able to “hang tough” means a lot to an old stoner like me. You have my respect. Having said that, I must say that I am disappointed in many of the young people today. They allow the government to limit their freedom and access to cannabis just so long as they can get high. They dont want to “make waves” because it might upset the authorities and at least they can still buy government-taxed pot. They do not seem to realize the sacrifices that were made in order for them to have the rights and freedom that they take for granted. This world Needs activists like Jack Herer, Mel Frank, Don Wirtshafter and yourself. Freedom is not free and we must be forever vigilant to protect these rights and freedoms. Ghandi said that it is not enough to oppose the injustice. We must be prepared to accept the blow as well. You have proven your willingness many times. I would like to thank you and all the pioneers in the fight to end pot prohibition. All the growers. All the breeders. Everyone who lights up a joint and thinks about how far we have come but also realizes how much further we must travel. Thank you.

25 Likes

6/8 nl5 ibl sprouted. looking forward to seeing their growth.

8 Likes