Authentic Genetics Seed Company

If Greg was like any of the other outdoor growers from back in the day, he probably would have made seeds with what he had out of the seeds he received, and spread em around, while also keeping the genetics going in his own grows. I could see him having given his sister seeds to stash… my own sister has a bunch of seeds from buds I’ve given her over the years… I don’t think Greg would just make a story like that up, but the seeds could be from various chucks he made himself over his time growing. It’s hard to say if they are 100% original or not. Either way, they are likely already an IBL line, or mystery f-gen line from Greg, of PNW Northern Lights (or is it Lites?) genetics, (and by that I include the original Murphy’s Ghani.)

5 Likes

I just think back then they used what ever beans they had available and alot of people had zero idea what they were using and could get away with not knowing progeny and slap whatever label on whatever bean. But now people want progeny so the stories are made and changed to fit the times.Im using the pollen chuck because at that time they were just starting to hybridize and had zero clue what the outcomes would be. Probably why they made so many NL numbers. Ti see what happens through experimentation. It was all learning experience, lets see what happens type pollinations, Lots of open pollinations etc. And that’s what i think of as type of chucking. An experiment with no intent or understanding what outcome will be.

5 Likes

Is the purest indica stronger than the NL #2 for y’all?

3 Likes

I’ve only tried the purest indica so far from AG. Anyway, I grew her outdoor in Michigan, and she ended up getting nasty septoria as did all the pot plants we had. Funny enough though, it was tied for the most resistance to the disease, and still put out some killer bud. Completely rock hard, strange shaped golf ball nugs. Very Afghani. When you crack the jar, it definitely has a lingering skunk smell, the further away you smell it the more true skunk it is. Leave it open in a room and come back, the room reeks like skunk, old school dank. When you break open a bud and get close though, it’s very earthy, mushroom-y with a coffee ground tone to it.

The buds themselves are so incredibly crusted with trichs. When you smoke a joint of it, the last third or quarter of the joint is basically unable to be smoked, it just starts dripping resin everywhere. I’m talking full globs of resin spewing out of the back. As you’d expect, the stone is fantastic, super narcotic, mind slowing, and euphoric. Kind of just sit down and turn into a vegetable. Exactly what I was looking for.

All in all my favorite Afghani I’ve grown, I will be growing her indoor next to see if the bud translates. One last thing I’ll add, but you can almost sense that this bud (at least the one pheno I had) is a backbone to a lot of cannabis. Does that make sense? Smoking this feels like smoking a building block, more so than anything I’ve had. Between the frost, smell, and raw indica power, it’s like I can see where it’s genetics have been utilized and hybridized throughout the years. It feels, dare I say, familiar. Familiar but so incredibly different and removed, definitely a winner in my book.

31 Likes

Welcome back! And nice report. Strangely I had the same impression of the NL#2 . Like it was a standard or a building block. It grew well under various conditions.

16 Likes

So now that I got 3 packs, what’s the consensus on the Purest Indica? :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen quite a few ran outdoors but more interested in indoor performance and herm rate :thinking:

8 Likes

I grew a couple of the purest indica indoors this past winter though I did let them finish for the last couple weeks outdoors in a greenhouse. Didn’t have any herm issues and I thought they turned out quite well, no shortage of frost. Great end of the night knock out weed!

39 Likes

I had 2 different phenos when I ran the Purest Indica. One looked a lot like the plant right above this post and the other turned a little purple late in flower and was less leafy. Both were good smoke and helped with sleep while having a nice old school weed aroma that reminded me of the 90s.
Here’s a couple shots from last year’s run with it.
93d84f23c116c193d2a0f509977f501d146557e2_2_375x500
1106244044a732dc418ffa94e2ce8d541f0d2b76_2_375x500
54809f9605bc48b8d0a54d90df2351ceea5e6c1f_2_375x500

I made seeds with it using Doug’s Blue Kush pollen and have 3 going in solo cups for the next flower run this fall.

45 Likes

That sounds like it’ll be a killer cross! Looking forward to seeing those get run sometime in the future!

6 Likes

Purest indica and blue kush ought to be a winner!

8 Likes

Here is an Authentic Genetics GDP X NL#5 I am growing out in a tent (1st time) that I grew low and slow, organic style in a 4x4x80" with a Phantom Pheno 440w. When I rub a bud I get a nice smell, not good at explaining what I smell, but damn, she smells wonderful! I am a big fan of Todd’s genetics and went on a buying spree run so I have a stockpile of most of ![Authentic Genetics GDP X NL#5| what he has offered the last year or so. Until ,my state goes legal I have to grow guerilla style, and hope they make it through.

23 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

I just want to say that some of you guys have got to up your game. I have been noticing click bait ads on YouTube that ag seed co has its a buy two get one free ad that is running on I think Google ads? And they get put on YouTube. Jack herer would love to be around to see this. The Times are changing, didn’t Biden reschedule Marijuana to 3 fom the worst one schedule 1? We will most definitely see many more medical and recreational states now maybe even a federal legalization law with medical studies being possible now …we won folks! Did we just win ? I think we did :thinking:

1 Like

Tryin to but hasn’t happened yet. Looks like it may be getting blocked too

3 Likes

Once america legalized, the entire paradigm is going to change. That’s why we have to build up out stockpiles of heirloom seed varieties!

6 Likes

Breeding is reaching almost clone like results in the seeds progeny.
F1 or S1, selecting this or that, starting from F1 or F2 and then S1 or S2, it all don’t matter, when your seeds are all over the place, your pollen chucking.
And that’s the main difference… when you get 80% of your seeds exactly like how the clone smoke, that’s breeding.
No dog breeder is called that way because he did a cross and found a keeper, it’s when he is able to produce it consistently and if you are good at your game, you make it better along the way.

4 Likes

What your talking about sounds like bottlenecking to me

Quite the opposite. It’s isolating unique traits that make future breeding easier.

2 Likes

The whole point of breeding is bottlenecking traits in subsequent generations.
The other point of breeding is producing those traits repeatedly in subsequent generations.
What you talk about is preserving or out crossing, in either way it has no bearing on actual breeding, as breeding starts with crossing/selfing but ends with the above results.
Like claiming you can swim when you only went inside the water.
Everything you cross you still need to work/breed out or in traits and stabilize them.

5 Likes

More political theatre for the masses meant to buy votes in the election season LOLLLLLLL

There are bi-partisan efforts to de-schedule and legalize, this re-scheduling effort by the administration is just a quid-pro-quo gift to big pharma donors @YescaSmoker

2 Likes