Auto pollen wanted. Autos seeds are okay too

@Goodgrace87 Best wishes with that plant jizz :joy_cat:
It WAS viable when it got stored(made seeds with it).

:evergreen_tree: :shower: :herb: :laughing:

6 Likes

my current list

5 Likes

So Iā€™m 99% sure I got three boys from my blueberry autos today. Four more auto seeds are in water and I should have enough pollen to send to a few that are interested when they reach maturity and start dropping.

5 Likes

Congratsā€¦I certainly am interested in some BB pollen, if you will. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

ya

2 Likes

I was hoping for at least one girl to continue on the lineage but thatā€™s how it goes haha. Still. Two more blueberry seeds that may be a fem to continue it on but it looks like they may be done by July so probably too late for me to use this year and thatā€™s if I get a fem. Looks like Iā€™ll be using dark spark x blueberry as they may be a bit quicker and further along and have to resort to bought seeds and ones donated to me by very generous members for the most part.
Tips on drying pollen and packaging pollen would be helpful, can I just use little baggies? I donā€™t have any humidity packs nor money for them.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll have better luck, in my opinion, if you stored pollen in those little PAPER packets, vice plastic bags. Get a few of those silicate packs that come with everything, cut it open and put a few of the little silicate balls in with the pollen. Now you can store it in your freezer.

2 Likes

Origami paper packets inside of plastic ones?

That would probably work also. Let your pollen a couple of days BEFORE putting it away.

1 Like

Yeah for sure I will dry it out good before mailing and storing some for myself.

1 Like

Stick your pollen in cig-papers, then into a vial with a couple of the beads ( or silicate balls.) and the pollen should be good to post .!!?
Good luckā€¦
Gaz

3 Likes

Ahh sounds good. I shall try that.

2 Likes

Count me in for some pollen, bro!!! Thanks for thinking of me!

2 Likes

Did your blueberries show yet ;)?

Iā€™m running my sweet & sour by mephisto now. It topped itself by being a twirly little weirdo, which would be real nice normally but I wanted to top it to clone it & reverse the cloneā€¦

WDYT? Still top one or both of the new tops again? Iā€™m on the fenceā€¦

Maybe if I get some auto pollen in time, I can just dust a couple of branches.

1 Like

Yeah i got three blueberry males so im collecting pollen at the moment. I can send some off any day now so shoot me a private message and we can organise getting some to you.

As for topping i went through a time of topping for specific growth but now i only top to control its height. I really dont know about you topping yours as its up to you but i dont see why not as long as the plant is healthy. I personally would be tempted to pull the plant over to one side to encourage the lower growth instead of topping but you will only learn from experience and i cant see how many nodes you are at.

2 Likes

It started its life all twirly and topped itselfā€¦ Iā€™ll shoot you a message!

4 Likes

@Tappy and @misterbee I think you two are the only others that wanted some bb auto pollen from the boy, send me a pm if you could and we can arrange sending it. If Iā€™m forgetting anyone that I promised it to please also pm me.

1 Like

I use colloidal silver to reverse my females. I make little ā€œcondomsā€ out of medical fabricā€¦it breathes, light still gets in, but no pollen escapes.

Here you can see the balls behind the clothā€¦

9 Likes

Ahh thatā€™s clever, Iā€™m afraid my cs application may have failed as Iā€™m past three weeks and no sign of balls and Iā€™m out of cs so no fem pollen for me this time round, I have a load of male pollen from the bb so Iā€™m happy with reg autos for now and it means I can do a bit of a selection later on and pop loads for a fem run.
Iā€™m interested in trying sts if I can make it easier on myself and apply less often

6 Likes

@Tappy. ā€¦where did you get that cloth and you make your own cs or buy it? Id rather just buy it but not exactly sure what Iā€™m looking for?

1 Like