Autoflower, what the hell?

Purchased some Grandaddy Purple seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co. and they sent me some Fruit Auto’s as freebies that turned out not to be autoflowers at all. Went as long as the Grandaddy Purple did. Smells great, grew way larger than the description said and yielded big time. It’s drying now and I kept clones of it just in case. Went thru a a couple of weeks of above 90 degree temps (about 3 days over 100, AC kept popping the breaker) in the grow room and nothing hermed and took it all in stride. BUT was not an autoflower as stated. Would you guys chunk it in the trash or do you think I’m wasting time and resources?

5 Likes

Remember… half of the final score is the smoke test :nerd_face: :+1:
Stressed and no herms is a good sign.

Cheers
G

16 Likes

If its good and you like it, then why even consider trashing it? We keep track of names so people know what they are getting. But at the end of the day, they are all getting “weed”, and hoping its “good weed”. If you pass it around or breed with it, I would just say unknown genetics for that plant.

Free seeds are reliably unreliable. And most aren’t as good or they wouldn’t be free. But I’m sure there are diamonds hidden in those seed piles. I got a “jack herer” that turned out to be some crazy autoflower. Thing looked like sativa landrace but an auto hemp version. Ran super long, and didn’t get much for smell or tricomes. Luckily I was practicing with reversing plants, and hit a branch for the hell of it. So I managed to self it because that kind of thing interests me.

7 Likes

In the end it doesn’t matter what it was supposed to be like but if you grew it and it turned out good no need to turf it . Some unexpected one offs might be the best thing you’ve grown or smoked .

3 Likes

Just cut it down this past Saturday but like you said, it does look promising.

1 Like

I am glad I took clones RandomHumanoid because I am into breeding in all it’s different forms. Hope it smokes great. If it does I’ll make seeds and share them here. I’ve looked into many grow forums but this one feels just right. Glad to be here.

4 Likes

ShiskaberrySavior and Gpaw you both couldn’t be more right. It was my first run of any autoflower strain ever and got a little freaked when it wasn’t what it was supposed to be. Kinda like that birth mark my cousin has that weirds you out but when you get to know him you realize he’s pretty cool.

2 Likes

Keep it, I’ve had some stellar plants come out of freebies, hell my gg4 x ogk were freebies and better than the seeds I bought!!!

8 Likes

Best plant i ever grew came from a damaged seedling i didn’t have any space for so i gave to a friend he almost killed it left it in a window and by some chance i walked past and saw a bud that was a solid sugar cube i took a cutting, it survived though the leaves only had 3 blades and grew it for 3 years straight.

3 Likes

Wow, what ever happened to it after 3 years?

1 Like

I met a girl and had a different life for 20 years

2 Likes

That’ll do it.

1 Like

Strange thing happened when I harvested this Non-autoflower. It had a strange smell and almost made me throw up for a strain called “Fruit”. But since it yielded so much I didn’t just wanna toss out my hard work so I dried and cured it. After just a few weeks, it actually started to smell and taste fruity. So strange.

Not the strongest high but very decent I’d say. Good enough for day time smoke.

1 Like