Automatic Writing

The problem with autos though is they are still kinda in their infancy. Some will yield nicely (I’ve had a few), and some WILL be pitiful (also had some of them). 288g from a single plant, DRY, would be pretty amazing on an auto, but not unattainable with the right plants. And still, comparing time to harvest, space required, the right autos can produce on par with many photos (you might be able to get two harvests of autos in the time span of 1 harvest of photos, and with smaller plants, you might have 4x the plants, but taking up the same space as 1 photo, etc). People never look at it evenly. "oh an auto will only make 150g, but that photo is supposed to make 300g / sq m, yet they forget the short harvest time of the autos, so two auto harvests in that same 4-5 month period means the same amount of bud really…

Each has their benefits though. You don’t use a Ferrari to move a refrigerator, and you don’t drive 150mph in a truck. I like a mix of the two to be honest. The best of both worlds, a few of these, some of those LOL…

8 Likes

:speaking_head:@Nagel420 - We’ll said! My thought precisely.

4 Likes

Automatic Writing

18 August 2022 -
Prepping for harvest.

I know there are at least 2.5 weeks to go on the grow but the anticipation and excitement is already rising with the sweet smell and is practically thick enough to cut with a nice at our place.

In the next week I will start removing all leaves that have stems and cleaning up any undergrowth that needs attention. The last 7-10 days the girls will be on ph balanced water and Signal Terpene booster alone - with a final shot of blackstrap for their last meal. Yesterday I accidentally broke off a branch tip on JLo which inspired me to take action along the same vein with the Black Cream. I looked for an ‘average’ branch out of her about 40 and gave it the chop. Both girls are estimated to have the same amount of flowers in length per branch, but as expected the Black Cream is close to 1.75x as dense as JLo’s flowers at this point. The estimate is that each branch will have an average of 6 inches of bud packets per branch. For JLo that equals around 9 grams dried per branch and for the Black Cream 11 grams per branch. Both estimates are for 32 branches - though in reality they both have more.

I cut off one branch of Black Cream for samplers and weight estimate. Row in front is one branch. 24.23 grams wet about 11 grams dry. Current estimates JLo 228 grams Black Cream 352 grams. FYI:Trees is/was a Dispensary in Victoria BC.

8 Likes

Automatic Writing
19 August 2022

JLo is good to go :+1:t3:
All the leaves that are going to be removed have been. All wires holding her down have been given the role of now holding her up. Next up today the Black Cream gets her few hours in the barber chair.

Projected harvest date 5 September 2022

I’m building my resolve for this —>

10 Likes

Automatic Writing
19 August 2022 -

May I have your attention please: All riders on the Automatic Writing Magical Mystery Tour. Good news! The candy has arrived! The wrappers a bit tattered but it looks like there just might be enough to go around😍

ssmokeit

Bing Bhong - for those that have been on the tour awhile - a select portion of the samplers are now available.

The Delicious looking Black Cream samplers should be ready in another 24 hours.

12 Likes

Automatic Writing

20 August, 2022

meanwhile, I’m still thinking…

Next lifetime - when I get my nug smasher mini I’m gonna post a picture of JLo all fattened up and being held by yo-yo’s with a caption of - “She ain’t heavy, she’s my budder!” :blush:

Have a great weekend! :love_you_gesture::drooling_face::v:

7 Likes

Automatic Writing
21 August 2022

Week 10 (71 days) starts tomorrow

The plan is to carry on carrying on for the next week and do a photo and observation update on Week 11 day 1 (August 29, 2022). This will give me a week off and all of you good folks a weeks break from having to look at basically the same images and my rambling. Not to worry though; should anything spectacular or puzzling appear in the next week I’ll be here to share and beg your indulgence for advice.

I’ll see everyone in 8 days - until then my friends I leave you with a parting shot of the Black Cream who even with her freckles and wear (and my fallen hair) is looking quite mouth watering -

Black as night - I believe in the good things comin’
:v:

9 Likes

**Automatic Writing **

• sorry. just couldn’t resist one more photo. I don’t think they’ll look much different tomorrow so here’s their Week 10 Day 1 photo a day ahead of time. The comparison shot for week 11 coming up when it arrives :joy:
    Damn these are beautiful plants!
9 Likes

Automatic Writing
23 August 2022 - point of note
JLo gets her color on

7 Likes

Automatic Writing
24 August, 2022 - trichome report
Good thing I’m taking a week off, eh? :rofl:

9 Likes

Automatic Writing
25 August 2022 - About 10 days till harvest
A peek at the potential

5 Likes

Automatic Writing

26 August 2022 - Anticipation

JLo x 2, Jlo & Black Cream (together again :joy:), Black Cream x 2

11 Likes

Automatic Writing
27 August 2022

Prepping for harvest (part two) -
So much for waiting a week; obviously I couldn’t do it. As the grow nears it’s final week I have a few questions for the regular auto-growing group. Both the regular folks who grow autos AND those who grow autos on a regular basis :joy:

What do you find is the most productive light schedule for your indoor autos?

Since the grow started; up until a few weeks ago the girls have had the light on 24/7. Starting a few weeks ago I began adding 4 hours of darkness to the light cycle - 20 on 4 off. My thoughts were to help ripen up buds and increase trichomes. As I have no real experience with growing autos I truly have no idea if increasing or adding darkness to the light cycle actually makes a difference.

Harvest date is pretty much set even though I would really like to go a week or so longer for the flowers full potential - I’m gonna be out of town by mid month and part of the harvest is leaving with me.

Do you think adding the darkness will help or hurt? What do you do when you have a set harvest date to insure your flowers are as ready as they can be?

Thanks in advance for your help - :pray:

3 Likes

I run autos at 18/6 from start to finish, under the assumption that even plants like a little rest at times (ie no 24x7). Also helps with the electric bill a little.

About all I do for a set harvest date is start flushing just water, no nutes, a week or so before.

Otherwise you plan, pray, hope and beg for the plant, and your harvest day, to be in agreement. 9 times outta 10, the plant is setting the harvest date here, not much you can do to majorly speed up maturity, it is what it is.

5 Likes

:speaking_head: Thanks @Nagel420 , though not the answer I was hoping for, any information and experience is much better than none. I’m afraid I’ll be chopping the girls on my timeline and not theirs and hoping for the best. I won’t be unpleased with the harvest regardless✌️

1 Like

earlier chop = heady, more ethereal, thinking smoke for me. Later chop = more couchlock the later it gets. I doubt you will be disappointed…

1 Like

:speaking_head:@Nagel420 I’ve had a bud of JLo and a branch of Black Cream. Pretty Darn Stoney Stuff! (already!) :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Automatic Writing
27/28 August 2022

As the grow enters its final week I’d like to thank everyone for following along and joining me on the journey. Your kindness, helpfulness and encouragement have been second to none. Thank you!

It’s a real mix of emotions that are swirling around my head. Joy in watching the grow come to fruition, anxiety in harvesting a bit earlier than is ideal, anticipation at wondering what the final yield will be, and a mix of exhaustion and relief that this rapid grow is rapidly coming to a close.

Not knowing what to expect or what is normal has certainly kept me on my toes and has made the grow both fun and challenging.

During the next week; the last before harvest, I will be focusing on bud shots and flower highlights. At this point I am planning a short harvest day video on YouTube that will be linked here.

Thanks again folks
The final week (or so) starts now …

8 Likes

Like the new avatar

1 Like

:speaking_head:Thanks @Cybersmib - made with a Kaleidoscope drawing app on the tablet :+1:t3::wheel_of_dharma::v: