Automatically Growing: A Diary of First Grow

My understanding being that auto flowers need to go into final containers sooner, rather than later and being way too cold and rainy to consider outdoors today…time to transplant the autos into their final small containers. They are coming out of 8 oz cups into apx 32 oz cups. The other three will go into 2 ½ quart containers to finish their lives.

These two were transplanted from little egg cells into 8 oz cups 8 days ago.

7 Likes

As long as your gentle like that they shouldn’t skip a beat!
:+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Well. I have to say that it is quite remarkable to see sex this early in life cycle.
Having never before tried an autoflower…cool stuff to already know that of the 5 Divyder F2s,
one is a girl, two are boys and two are as yet to be determined.
The 5 plants sprouted above the soil between Jan 28 to 30. So roughly only 2 weeks old and I already know that I have at least one young lady! Hopefully at least one more girl will reveal herself.
This is great because I can kill the damn males and free up some space…which was rapidly shrinking.

All of my plants have been on 22 hours of light and 2 hours dark.
The Divyders are dainty little plants which look like miniatures.
And so far I am favorably impressed.

5 Likes

They definitely stay short, they will keep stretching though, these are just pre-flowers. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Here is update today.

Too cold to go out, maybe tomorrow.
I have yet to transplant the two Divyders in small cups…today.

8 Likes

Considering that it is still winter, I am trying not to complain too much about having to keep all of my plants indoors, because it’s winter. But at last today, it is over 60 and mostly sunny.
My poor plants have been forced to subsist exclusively on the paltry screw in, discount LED bulbs for several days in a row. It is good to get them out under the sun.

I ended up with two girls, one of which is already transplanted into a larger container, and has a nice little sorta pygmy structure. The other girl is still in her little 8 oz cup, she was the last to show sex and is the runt of the litter. I am going to put her in a 32 oz container for finishing.

I am enjoying these little plants, I did not realize that they are actually scaled down versions of photo plants…they really are dainty…’

They are only about 21 days old, so I have a ways to go yet.

8 Likes

Shoot… The autos I grew outdoors last summer were dainty until suddenly they were 3 feet tall. lol
Your’s are still way bigger than mine in half the time. It’s just unusually cold here, even in my greenhouse.

4 Likes

That’s interesting…what size containers were they in?

I have used relatively small containers in order to
somewhat control the size and sprawl of photo plants.
I am going to keep my Divyder f2s in 32oz containers.
I prefer easily portable plants.

Thanks for stopping in @Meesh

3 Likes

I used 3 gallon fabric pots. They were Sativa hybrids

2 Likes

Another putrid weather day here, The little Divyders f 2s cannot go and play outdoors.
The insufficient lights are making the plants more spindly than I think they would be if I could provide
more direct sunlight. Oh well…looks like today and tomorrow of indoor only.

6 Likes

I finally have a high of 60 today. Honestly, I’ve been putting all of my pretty established plants outside of the greenhouse for some hours if I have sunshine regardless of temp. It somehow seems warmer in the direct sun. So far they are all okay… I’ve been hardening everything off for planting, but I think we still have some rain coming and I kind of worry about that more if I plant the little guys outside.

Autos were really interesting. Well, the one’s I grew outside last year. I swear they seemed to go so slow, but once they took off they really took off and fast.

3 Likes

My precocious little Divyder F2 girl today.
She is now 18 1/2 inches tall from top of soil line to tip of plant top.

9 Likes

Update
Here they are today.
Unfortunately, they have been spending too much time indoors with
only paltry light.

4 Likes

They are missing sunlight and warm temperatures (as all of us in the northern hemysphere :sunglasses:). I hope spring will come soon and they will have a happy flowering stage. Will keep an eye, thanks for sharing …

3 Likes

Update today.
It has been 40 days from seed for the taller girl… which is 19 inches.
Roughly 35 days for the shorter… she’s 15 inches.

They are very light feeders, they take about 1/2 of what I give to most photo plants.
I am still trying to achieve equilibrium.

7 Likes

Are those @ReikoX autos? My auto from him seems to be a very light feeder too. It’s in flower and they are still on seedling strength

3 Likes

Those are Divyder F2s, but most autos in general are lighter feeders.

5 Likes

The wee little Divyder F2s today.
45 days from seed.

8 Likes

Even though it is cool today, I put the tiny ones outside.

Trying to take closeups with an iphone.

7 Likes

An overdue update of my fascinating pygmy plants.
Two radically different genotypes. The tall spindly plant has miniature buds.
I prefer the shorter, thicker plant which is apx. 5 or 6 days younger than it’s
sister.

Really curious to see how they smoke…they both smell enticingly sweet

9 Likes