AzSeaindooin420's my garden is going banana's! Overgrowing a greenhouse

How can you tell males when they’re only at this point of the grow?

1 Like

Plants will show " preflowers" between 3-6 weeks old, some of those were started 2nd week in march and already seeing balls on a couple, already plucked sour banana blast and waiting a couple more days on the other to confirm

2 Likes

Thanks…I’ve never noticed that…will keep an eye out. Would be really convenient to know.

1 Like

Your watching in the “armpits” where the center stem branches off

Males will be more round and spade shaped and females will be thinner with white pistils eventually coming out of it

8 Likes

Thanks, I know what they look like…I’ve just never seen them when the plants are that size. I just checked mine, don’t see anything yet. They’re about a month for the most part.

Ya 6 weeks at the very latest u should be able to identify if it’s gonna show, there’s still about 20% of strains out there that just refuse to reveal till they are flipped, I call those the sneaky males

2 Likes

One more question about them showing gender (sorry if I’m bothering you)…would it matter if I’d already topped them? I tend to do that as early as possible, and then growth explodes out of everywhere. Would that nullify them showing their sex? I’m looking at them with a magnifying glass but all that’s coming out of the nodes is new growth in leaves.

1 Like

Everything is looking good :+1: and @CanuckistanPete
that’s what you are here for and I hope you enjoying yourself in the OG community so far qnd don’t hesitate to reach out for anything… You’re the BEST place(IMO) with even BETTER people who genuinely care about each other’s grows and well-being and @AzSeaindooin420 u sure are getting quite a few fellow AZ people showing up in force so AZ ouvergrow the world and hope you have a great day happy growing The Doc

9 Likes

Shouldn’t stop em from showing just may delay it since they usually show up on newest growth

5 Likes

Thanks and you’re right…this place is full of knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help, like @AzSeaindooin420 who’s answered several of my questions. Easily the best grow forum I’ve come across.

4 Likes

Well apparently I’m running a stud stable over here lol
The 4 in the 3 gallon that are bigger are suspected makes, gonna watch for a few more days but so far they look round vs thin.

The first one to show female graduated to a 30 gallon where she will live out the rest of her life :slight_smile:
Since I got two more weeks for my deadline I’m throwing a bunch more beans at this point and growing whatever comes up

11 Likes

what’s this two week deadline yo? :stuck_out_tongue: i plan on having some more banana strains for you, but they’ll probably come in after 4/20. i can’t have you growing only 18 banana varieties, that’d be a waste of your skills. lol

5 Likes

Haha don’t worry I got more coming in tomorrow hopefully! A lot can be done in two weeks lol

2 Likes

All looking superb @AzSeaindooin420

I’m thinking about moving from traditional plastic pots to those fabric pots you have in a hope to try and keep the roots alittle cooler in the summer heat until I can plant them in the beds.

2 Likes

Well here’s my source! Cheaper than buying the plastic ones…

I’m running 30 gallon this year once they show gender

https://rainsciencegrowbags.com/shop/ols/products/eclipse-solar-shield-soil-protectors/v/CLP-SLR-SHL-SL-25-FTS

I’ll likely be picking up some of these too to protect the roots

6 Likes

Well got some work done in the garden this morning and noticed this lil lady revealing herself, and on 4/20 of all days! She got 30 gallons of love too :wink:
@highminwin it’s a girl!!!

11 Likes

awwwwww damn, that’s most excellent to hear brother! i will nickname the plant “her highness” and i hope she blesses you with the most high!

happy 420, b! :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m so glad to have met you and the og community. my plans for popping my first seeds today are proceeding very well, although i definitely had to adjust my initial plan along the way (don’t we always?). so i hope to be joining you with some of my own ladies (or gents, i don’t care!) soon enough.

3 Likes

Hell ya! Stoked to hear ur gonna get it going for urself! Hopefully things take off nicely for ya!

2 Likes

@bassman5420 we got liftoff :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:joy: In all seriousness tho, that is quite the lineup and already off to a great start! Will pull up a chair :wink:

3 Likes