AzSeaindooin420's my garden is going banana's! Overgrowing a greenhouse

YOU GOT THIS! @AzSeaindooin420

6 Likes

Hahaha exactly how it felt watering and the side caving in! Amazed to not be seeing any signs of transplant shock after doing it, those roots were damn near filled out in the 30 gallon and even noticed some roots already on the bottom of the grow bag, prob just slowed things down for a few days till it snaps back into it’s strong vigor

6 Likes

ROFL that almost had me spit out my breakfast shake LoL thanks for a great start to the day @Pigeonman gotta love the slip and slide and man gravity sure helped her !!! and sorry to see that @AzSeaindooin420 but I will send it some good Doc vibes and I miss the greenhouse I had in Pennsylvania since moving to Colorado and I wasn’t growing flower them it was for vegetables herbs etc and I wouldn’t be restricted on space but I applaud your setup and keeping up with so many and I hope tomorrow you’ll be getting the bandanas so keep an eye out happy growing The Doc

3 Likes

Got it situated again, since I’m already pissing her off I may as well get some fimming done too while I’m at it

11 Likes

She looks very healthy and like u said @AzSeaindooin420 she’s already being a bitch towards u so lol get her!!! The Dude Abides

You know, seems like we get a greenhouse built thinking it’s big enough and never really is lol been having to knock down tomato plants this weekend to even make space out there for the ladies showing themselves

I’m just waiting on that bandana and the BanHam x p25 that @Enjoi802 is calling for testers and starting to get a lil concerned with how late in the season it is to be starting anything else outdoors by the time I get em, still gonna throw a bean each of em but time isn’t playing favors for us

5 Likes

I’m hoping they should be to everyone by tomorrow, right in time for the full moon. Should be prime time for popping!

4 Likes

I’m amazed at the height of that one in the last pic mate, do you prefer fimming to topping?

Ya she is a lanky bitch, all here branches got twisted along the main stem.

Haven’t done any fimming yet but do prefer that method over topping cuz with fimming u can get 3-4 tops off the one snip vs just 2

1 Like

oh man, i think this is because you got some other jealous plants in there who be eyein’ up this ethiopian banana queen! they probably ganged up and sabotaged my beautiful baby, but ain’t nothing gonna stop this beauty. lol

glad to see you got her back up in good form. i believe in her. she reminds me of this one durban i have who is the most vigorous of my current batch.

1 Like

Great sativa’s grow alike right? Haha u know for as much as she got her roots tickled and ripped it, that transplant didn’t even seem to phase that plant one bit

Wait is it the Durban poison seeds I sent ya? If so then super righteous I did send ya something u were excited to grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

no, i popped some durban poison i got from fleur du mal seeds. they were only $1 a bean, so i felt pretty good about learning on my first grow with them. i wanted to save everything else for after i get my feet wet.

1 Like

Oh right on! Buck a bean ain’t bad

1 Like

i was trying to do some research on this and i’m not quite sure what the difference between topping and fimming is. it sounds like they’re both the same to me. can you clarify, AzSea?

Topping and fimming are pretty much the same thing fuck I missed can produce 2 or more tops sometimes grows funky for a minute and can throw some extra tops in the mix as topping correctly will produce 2 off the branch in my experience @highminwin

Fimm stands for fuck I missed method lol

Instead of taking the whole top off your only taking about 80% of the node and this will encourage 3-4 tops instead of 2 with topping

Here’s a plant I fimmed and can see the original snip

Here’s the 4 tops that I got from the single snip

16 Likes

interesting. that diagram is perfect for explaining, thanks! do you always fim now instead of top? or only with certain plants/situations?

1 Like

Always fim, I like more weed and 4 tops/colas are more than 2 :wink:

If you have a lot of time on your hands to shape you can keep fimming each of the tops that form after a fim and just keep splitting em up, when u see small short chunky plants with a shitton of colas it’s typically how they did it

3 Likes

Lst or low stress training can also give the same desired effect without stunting for a few days the plant it breaks the apical dominance making the lower branches start to grow up as a top as well

4 Likes

thanks for the teaching, guys!

2 Likes