AzSeaindooin420's my garden is going banana's! Overgrowing a greenhouse

Yeah I saw the twisty bit lol, I was thinking topping would have lost some height for ya mate.

1 Like

I don’t mind a lil height on it, the 6ft mark is my limit to start shaping em, as lanky as it is I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up a leaner in flower

2 Likes

I used to just top them (outdoor guerilla) because fimming didn’t seem to always take. Sometimes a single would just grow back. Of course it was hard to be precise getting eaten alive by mosquitos…much easier doing it in my backyard these days.

2 Likes

LOL, for me that is an understatement… Out of a dozen attempts I got 2 right…

Now topping I can handle… :laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Kinda a lil surprised with hearing that, I’ve never had issues with it but timing is also key, never do it in flower

4 Likes

Of course…never did. But like I said, I’m sure it’s easy doing it indoor.It’s certainly easy doing it in my backyard. It wasn’t easy doing it in the swamp getting eaten alive by 10 billion mosquitos. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well I knew with the size of the plants already they needed to be moved into their final spots so doesn’t matter if roots grow through the bottoms at this point

Had to knock down my tomato plants to fit it all, seen the bottom of my soil catch crate this morning and now it’s 80% full again till I start filling more 30 gallon and finish up the jungle inside

18 Likes

oh damn, those tomatoes looked like they were gonna be a nice harvest too! sacrifices. although your forest is really starting to fill out now. very lovely.

what’s a soil catch crate?

1 Like

Ioh I did get a nice harvest got a solid bin of em, gonna do salsa and speghetti sauces

t’s a crate that can hold about 300 gallons of soil I use to catch all the used soil to store, got another one that holds about 100 as well, can’t always leave em in grow bags lol

4 Likes

are you amending the soil once it’s in your catch crate? do you have worms in there?

2 Likes

No I raise my worms inside and only use their castings in the teas, the soil gets re amended with Dr earth tomato herbs and veggie at the rate of 1 cup per 10 gallon

4 Likes

Well the forest is thickening up

@highminwin I’ve been slacking and finally got around to fimming all he tops/branch ends this morning, can already see before the cuts that it’s starting to bush out from twisting the branches

@bassman5420 the smaller ones in the 30 gallon are your afgoo and blood lotus crosses with strawberry banana, they are the two on the left

16 Likes

(coughs)

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!

In all seriousness though your forest looks amazing @AzSeaindooin420 .

4 Likes

Pic for fun of the jungle

5 Likes

Hey @AzSeaindooin420 do you defoliate the lower growth at all?

1 Like

Plant naturally drops what’s not beneficial, those I clean up but I don’t defol till flower

4 Likes

Ok same as I do but indoors, looking good mate👍

damn, i’m outta likes AzSea, but it’s looking killer in there! how are your most recent babies doing so far?

4 Likes

@highwinmin so you can see Ethiopian bushing out now from the fimming on all the branch ends and top. If you look closely u can see the snip and the 3-4 tops forming from it

14 Likes

11 Likes